News Forum - The west weaponises SWIFT as it ramps up sanctions against Russia

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I guess you not read the news that northstream is quited and they already organised other gas supplier like Norway, suppliers from the north sea. You want know what happened in Germany then watch the german news as I already recommented. For sure this is the source to get the newest news. All this you sent me is already old news and before the Russian invasion. They already prepared for to complete supply stop from Russia otherwise they couldnt make the sanctions. Then even watch the english version of dw to be informed.

But as we are speaking now the gases has not stopped, yes Germany is preparing to source from other places but it is not happening immediately it will only happen in the future. As we are speaking now Russian gas is still flowing into your home (if you're in Germany now). How to pay for that if the Russian banking system is no longer working.

8 hours ago, Fundok said:

Access to bank cards as well as credit cards should be severely limited w/o SWIFT. Same with international bank transfers. Will depend on the bank, but the largest Russian banks are targeted. As for Russian planes; re-fueling and airport fees can always be paid in cash I assume.

Not really, if I understand swift right.

Credit cards are not part of swift. At least haven't, till 2020, I think!

5 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

But as we are speaking now the gases has not stopped, yes Germany is preparing to source from other places but it is not happening immediately it will only happen in the future. As we are speaking now Russian gas is still flowing into your home (if you're in Germany now). How to pay for that if the Russian banking system is no longer working.

Gazprom Bank IS NOT sanctioned. YET! Just the Banks, sanctioned already, are out of swift, right now

8 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Gazprom Bank IS NOT sanctioned. YET! Just the Banks, sanctioned already, are out of swift, right now

Really? But according to @Stardust that's not the case... are you reading those Russian RT news 🤣🤪😄? You should only be watching European news:

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

Even the centralbank is sanctioned all is activated since midnight monday. You should read european news not Putin rt news 🤣🤪😄. By the way all reserves of the central bank are frozen. Btw I watched the russians today at the atms and they could not get any money from the atms and seeing them on their phones to get their banks to figure out to get money.

Edited by Noble_Design
  • Like 1

NATO member countries only gave assurances they wouldn't expand NATO Eastwards, although John Major said 'we will never allow Poland, Romania and Hungary to join NATO'. But France and Germany said at the time that every country could choose to apply. In exchange for not actively expanding NATO, Russia promised to become a democratic country. 

8 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Really? But according to @Stardust that's not the case... are you reading those Russian RT news 🤣🤪😄? You should only be watching European news:

Watch the sunday session in the Bundestag from Scholz and you get all the infos ypu need. The part of the second stage of the sanctions on all russian banks. To understand watch it also that it was made in stages! Sure you know it better what they decided as Scholz 🤣😁🤪

12 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

By the way in the moment I watch the dw where exactly talk about and the Scholz anouncements 🤪😁🤣

Yes for sure I not watch rt news 🤣😁🤪

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

By the way in the moment I watch the dw where exactly talk about and the Scholz anouncements 🤪😁🤣

Yes for sure I not watch rt news 🤣😁🤪

🤣😁🤪 Yes for sure I know you don't watch RT news, so do I. I watch only the news in Thaiger Talk 🤪😁🤣

25 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

The central bank is not Gazprom. Yesterday, at least, it was ONLY hitting the banks, which have neen on sanctions for some time already. Gazprom is not one of 'em. In case, they "upgraded" the list not only  by the Central Bank, this would still mean, that Gazprom Bank is still open for business. I think, the US is sanctioning Gazprom Bank for some time (so they may have anyway other channels, to pay for the russian Oil ;-), but the EU? 

25 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The central bank is not Gazprom. Yesterday, at least, it was ONLY hitting the banks, which have neen on sanctions for some time already. Gazprom is not one of 'em. In case, they "upgraded" the list not only  by the Central Bank, this would still mean, that Gazprom Bank is still open for business. I think, the US is sanctioning Gazprom Bank for some time (so they may have anyway other channels, to pay for the russian Oil ;-), but the EU? 

I think the Europeans would walk to the border of Russia and just pay by cash in suitcases (like you see in Hollywood movies) which they would push through the border fence for the Russians to accept

Edited by Faz
frivolous images removed.

42 minutes ago, OOber said:

NATO member countries only gave assurances they wouldn't expand NATO Eastwards, although John Major said 'we will never allow Poland, Romania and Hungary to join NATO'. But France and Germany said at the time that every country could choose to apply. In exchange for not actively expanding NATO, Russia promised to become a democratic country. 

Bush and Kohl told Gorby, what they need to tell him:

They asked "Do you have a Problem with the united Germany being in the Nato?"

For his "No" they told him, that the united Germany would be the most eastern European country.  They just forgot to give the Germans Polonia and Belarus, because then Germany would be the most eastern European country. So Bush and Kohl lied!

But Gorby didn't ask for a bi-/multilateral agreement

2 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Bush and Kohl told Gorby, what they need to tell him:

They asked "Do you have a Problem with the united Germany being in the Nato?"

For his "No" they told him, that the united NATO would be the most eastern European country.  They just forgot to give the Germans Polonia and Belarus, because then Germany would be the most eastern European country. So Bush and Kohl lied!

But Gorby didn't ask for a bi-/multilateral agreement

I think it was Genscher and not Kohl negotiating the deal with USSR about German reunification. Germany also agreed not to station any soldiers or nukes (American) in East Germany afterwards.

Yes, the West didn't exactly waited long to expand NATO, but that was a reaction to the lack of progress with democracy in Russia. But I agree, in principle NATO was opportunistic and it is part of the problem today. However, Russia's wars in the last 14 years (there are 3) prove NATO right. Now even Sweden and Finland want to join NATO since Russia has become a bit like Nazi Germany, taking one country at the time while always having an excuse.

Fun fact: France even said in the 90's we should include Russia in NATO so there wouldn't be a need for NATO in the future. 

15 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Just as I thought the West still haven't had the guts to say no to Russian gas and oil. Blocking SWIFT to show their countrymen that they are "doing something" (so that they have something to cheer for in internet forums) while at the same time pumping in billions of Euro/USD in cash to Russia.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Just as I thought the West still haven't had the guts to say no to Russian gas and oil. Blocking SWIFT to show their countrymen that they are "doing something" (so that they have something to cheer for in internet forums) while at the same time pumping in billions of Euro/USD in cash to Russia.  

The issue is people all over the world are saying they stand with Ukraine 

The minute gas goes up .30 cents they won't give a shit 

Especially Americans

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow things really went sideways for the Russian economy on Monday. The ruble lost about 23% to the dollar (it's now worth less than a penny), and they shut down the stock market to keep it from crashing. The Russian government has decided to restrict the hours and what trades can take place starting tomorrow (maybe). They also instituted four major changes: 

1) They raised interest rates from 9.5% to 20% overnight. This is done to try and get people to not pull their money from the banks and convert rubles to other currencies. Basically it's to head off hyperinflation. 

2) They are requiring all exporters to hand over 80% of their foreign currency holdings (to be converted to rubles). This is done to increase foreign reserves which can later be used to prop up the ruble. Of course you can only do this one time. 

3) They have banned brokers from taking short sale orders. Obviously to the market from crashing, but unless it stabilizes it just postpones the inevitable. 

4) They have banned overseas companies from selling their Russian shares. Clearly this can only be done to those shares traded within Russia. Example, BP just announced they are selling their 25% stake in Rosneft. 

Keeping in mind the sanctions will take a month or so to really start biting. Oh and neutral Switzerland today announce they are going to sanction Russia too.   

20 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

In summary:

1) When the west does it - It's OK we're the good guys, it's all for democracy, some lives lost are expected, either you're with us or you're against us

2) When others do it - Evil bad guys, dictators, terrorists, war mongers

Not taking any sides though, I agree with you that all wars are bad regardless of who started them first

Noble Design !

We have seen too many of your comments!

If you are Russian!

Just admit it !

Why don’t you go and kiss Putin as it seems you love what he is doing?

9 hours ago, OOber said:

I think it was Genscher and not Kohl negotiating the deal with USSR about German reunification.

You can think what you want! ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/russias-belief-in-nato-betrayal-and-why-it-matters-today

"The following day Chancellor Helmut Kohl, ambiguous about Germany remaining in Nato after unification, also told Gorbachev “naturally Nato could not expand its territory to the current territory of the GDR”. The promise was repeated in a speech by the Nato secretary general on 17 May, a promise cited by Putin in his Munich speech. In his memoirs, Gorbachev described these assurances as the moment that cleared the way for compromise on Germany."

But actually, it wasn't Bush, it was Baker, from US side. My bad

Bush blocked it. A fact that Kohl was already knowing, that day he spoke with Gorbatschow!

12 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Watch the german news, then you would know they have enough reserves to do it immediatly. They have also a english version of dw for the people who not understand german and cannot watch tagesschau or zdf heute. If you want to know about it I recommend German news and not any other sources! They speak about this already daily since a week in all their news channels about it!

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Here comes all the banking experts now... 🤣😂🤣

Previously there were Covid experts, and then Ukraine-Russia-NATO-war experts, now banking experts. It seems like this forum is like a university with all the professors and experts around 🤭 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Watch the german news, then you would know they have enough reserves to do it immediatly. They have also a english version of dw for the people who not understand german and cannot watch tagesschau or zdf heute. If you want to know about it I recommend German news and not any other sources! They speak about this already daily since a week in all their news channels about it!

They have enough reserves to do it immediately BUT have they do it? Why don't they do it immediately? 

NATO, as a post WWII anachronism, now only does two things.

To retain relevance, and do the bidding of it's globalist subversive's, it must constantly expand, but then proceed to destroy everything in it's path. In the 21st century it is guilty of some of the worst crimes against humanity. The invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, and the reduction of Libya from the most developed country in Africa to a destroyed and dysfunctional country/now failed state, just to name a few examples. This is what NATO, primarily conducted by the U.S., does and what has been working towards in the instigation of the coup de tat, regime change operation that set this entire conflict into motion in 2014. Consequently, Russia increasingly seeing NATO on its doorstep, and the West failing to implement the Minsk II agreements in the Ukraine conflict, has been pushed to act... act to a now clear and present danger/existential threat. What we are now seeing unfold is Russia dealing with this problem that has arrived on their doorstep. What we are seeing unfold now, in addition to bringing an end to the conflict in the Eastern Donbass, they are now taking the opportunity to deal with the collaborators there in Kiev who brought it to their doorstep. Collaborators who brought to Ukraine, not just the threat of NATO, but the thousands of dead ethnic Russians, from a U.S. backed, NATO backed, regime in Kiev; entirely unnecessary deaths over the last eight years in their war on the Donbass region in Eastern Ukraine. If Russia doesn't react now, then when? We can now know what NATO's goal is... not to encircle and contain Russia, as outlined in its original mandate, but instead to eventually absorb Russia. If you're going to be honest about the situation, and put yourself in Russia's shoes, this is a clear and present danger that could no longer be allowed to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you really want to cripple Russia you do it by shutting off really its only source of funds, oil/gas.  Russia is basically a big gas station that pumps oil and gas to Europe and receives hard currency in return.  If the West can ever coordinate and agree on a combined strategy to break the European dependence on Russian energy, Russia will collapse with no means to support it military and other programs. 

That comes with a risk as well.  There is no more dangerous animal than one who feels cornered and with nothing to lose.  Russia is really a third world country with a nuclear capability.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Russia is really a third world country with a nuclear capability.  

A DRPK with petroleum.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1