How many Dogs allowed?

Train

How many dogs are allowed per Household?

We have bigger problem's with our neighbor dogs.

Can someone tell me for Pattaya, Nong Prue and Banglamung.

Thanks for help.

Sister in law lives on a nice Sansiri estate, some idiot moved in nearby with over 30 dogs, not even any gardens to speak of. He claimed it was his right to have as many as he wants! The racket was terrible and even though Sansiri have rules about what you can and cannot do the number of dogs did not seem to be among them. Good luck you will need it.

12 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Sister in law lives on a nice Sansiri estate, some idiot moved in nearby with over 30 dogs, not even any gardens to speak of. He claimed it was his right to have as many as he wants! The racket was terrible and even though Sansiri have rules about what you can and cannot do the number of dogs did not seem to be among them. Good luck you will need it.

Yeah, as far as I know there are no rules or limit to dogs or even having chickens in nice home areas anywhere. Maybe gated communities are more regualted as are sort of under home owner rules of can do or can't do.

Anyway, one has to personally fight it as I have with chasing peoples dogs away and/or confronting them directly face to face to even printing my CCTV photos and showing them their dog crapping in front of my house so it is not hearsay. I also have taken on a 2 chicken Rooster Thai guys for these creatures making noise starting at 4am going all the way to after dark. One Thai guy had no problem and after a bit the other Thai backed off and now both do not bring or have chikens in this pretty new housing area and so life is soooo much better without ongoing noise pollution from that. But I was very persisitant. CCTV also gives one a constant view to monitor the outside to thwart dogs on the loose coming near you home. I have even chased these dogs up the street on my motorocyle with broom in hand to give the dog to rmemebr that time of being chased away by an angry person. Some are soi loose dogs and some are let loose to roam people's dogs. Dogs do remember instances and that is the point to that.

With 30 dogs I would gather that the smell and flies alone from that is enough.

There was supposed to be a law approved that animals like dogs need to be registered but not sure what happened to it. Maybe it lost its teeth.

I think one of the only things one can do officialy is approach the situation that the living conditions for the animal(s) in question is below acceptable health levels and a danger to the animal itself. But then again one needs to go head on to tackle it.

The rules are under: This Act is called the “Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act, B.E. 2557 (2014)”. This deals with sanitation issues and probably squalor as well. One might also be able to push the point that the animals welfare is not properly taken care of because the animal(s) in question are also not vaccinated as should be for proper health to prevent sickness and disease, or may be there is a female that is not fixed and getting pregant too much not good for its health, or maybe just an in heat female creates fighting bewtween the males, or if not fighting a state for the males that are not able to impregnate the female which then leads to the dogs depression. I know, it is reaching far out there, but hey, try any angle you can to get the end result you need. Even so, ofr me here there is one dog that cries when no one is home, and if you ask me the tiny little yard and the tiny little house is not healthy for it, or for that matter being always alone with no other doggie friend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, as far as I know there are no rules or limit to dogs or even having chickens in nice home areas anywhere. Maybe gated communities are more regualted as are sort of under home owner rules of can do or can't do.

Anyway, one has to personally fight it as I have with chasing peoples dogs away and/or confronting them directly face to face to even printing my CCTV photos and showing them their dog crapping in front of my house so it is not hearsay. I also have taken on a 2 chicken Rooster Thai guys for these creatures making noise starting at 4am going all the way to after dark. One Thai guy had no problem and after a bit the other Thai backed off and now both do not bring or have chikens in this pretty new housing area and so life is soooo much better without ongoing noise pollution from that. But I was very persisitant. CCTV also gives one a constant view to monitor the outside to thwart dogs on the loose coming near you home. I have even chased these dogs up the street on my motorocyle with broom in hand to give the dog to rmemebr that time of being chased away by an angry person. Some are soi loose dogs and some are let loose to roam people's dogs. Dogs do remember instances and that is the point to that.

With 30 dogs I would gather that the smell and flies alone from that is enough.

There was supposed to be a law approved that animals like dogs need to be registered but not sure what happened to it. Maybe it lost its teeth.

I think one of the only things one can do officialy is approach the situation that the living conditions for the animal(s) in question is below acceptable health levels and a danger to the animal itself. But then again one needs to go head on to tackle it.

The rules are under: This Act is called the “Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act, B.E. 2557 (2014)”. This deals with sanitation issues and probably squalor as well. One might also be able to push the point that the animals welfare is not properly taken care of because the animal(s) in question are also not vaccinated as should be for proper health to prevent sickness and disease, or may be there is a female that is not fixed and getting pregant too much not good for its health, or maybe just an in heat female creates fighting bewtween the males, or if not fighting a state for the males that are not able to impregnate the female which then leads to the dogs depression. I know, it is reaching far out there, but hey, try any angle you can to get the end result you need. Even so, ofr me here there is one dog that cries when no one is home, and if you ask me the tiny little yard and the tiny little house is not healthy for it, or for that matter being always alone with no other doggie friend.

If dogs are defecating outside your house they will continue to do so. Other dogs will also defecate there as a way of "communicating" with each other. I had the same problem as well.

I solved it by getting a large bag of ground white pepper from Macro I think but other shops will have them. If memory serves it was around 250 baht so not expensive. First you need to go around the area and sweep up all the dog dirt. Then cut off the corner of the bag and scatter it around on the road outside your house. Do it now before the monsoon starts.

Dogs, before they perform their ablutions will sniff the area looking for traces of other dogs.

A good snout full of pepper is not what they prefer. 

They will move on to performing their bowel movements elsewhere. Once they are established somewhere else they probably wont come back to your soi.  

I understand that this simply moves the problem onto someone else but they probably own dogs.

21 hours ago, Sarisin said:

One of the reasons that I am only renting houses, again! Every now and then there is this one change in the neighborhood, that would need drastic solutions. Or a simple moving to somewhere else. 

Or to say it with Mark Twain:

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

• Like 2

The house next to me has 7 small yappers! Sadly there is no limit to the amount of dogs one can have!

There are more dogs then people living in the confines of the residence that I reside in .

I just recently started sleeping in another bedroom on the opposite side of our house!

I f i keep a fan running while I sleep it significantly cuts down on the noise ! 

Go to the Amphur and complain !

Tell them you can’t sleep , your suffering from depression and anxiety ! They will send some staff members to inspect the situation!

• Like 2

I think no rules no limits.

If the animals make proplem it is possible to complain. But for Farang it don't work. Farang can not fight Thai.

You have to find Thais have same problems and let them do it.

We did it and it looks now much better.

18 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

If dogs are defecating outside your house they will continue to do so. Other dogs will also defecate there as a way of "communicating" with each other. I had the same problem as well.

I solved it by getting a large bag of ground white pepper from Macro I think but other shops will have them. If memory serves it was around 250 baht so not expensive. First you need to go around the area and sweep up all the dog dirt. Then cut off the corner of the bag and scatter it around on the road outside your house. Do it now before the monsoon starts.

Dogs, before they perform their ablutions will sniff the area looking for traces of other dogs.

A good snout full of pepper is not what they prefer. 

They will move on to performing their bowel movements elsewhere. Once they are established somewhere else they probably wont come back to your soi.  

I understand that this simply moves the problem onto someone else but they probably own dogs.

Thanks and that is a good idea, but currently not a problem. There is the occasional one that does slip by late night or early morning but not much maybe every few months now. One dog owner me and the wife confronted many times as he let his little dog run as he watched his dog pee and poo where it liked. Anyway he was asked and then sternly told by my wife to control his dog and keep his dog away from our home. Thai people have even put up pictures and signs on his/their street of no dogs defacating.  Anyway, now is ok as the roamers seem to go poo in front of other people's houses now and avoid mine as have been chased away. They definetely do remember. The pepper sounds like a good idea, but I would hold on it as last resort as don't want it blowing back into my yard and disturubing my dogs. But thanks again as I will for sure concider it if things happen again. Now for the OP, this person has a difficult task and finding the solution is going to be hard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Train said:

I think no rules no limits.

If the animals make proplem it is possible to complain. But for Farang it don't work. Farang can not fight Thai.

You have to find Thais have same problems and let them do it.

We did it and it looks now much better.

Maybe you don't speak Thai. I talk to my puiyai ban frequently and he'll take care of issues like these. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Maybe you don't speak Thai. I talk to my puiyai ban frequently and he'll take care of issues like these. 

Yes you are right. Thats why I go with my wife.

19 hours ago, riclag said:

The house next to me has 7 small yappers! Sadly there is no limit to the amount of dogs one can have!

There are more dogs then people living in the confines of the residence that I reside in .

I just recently started sleeping in another bedroom on the opposite side of our house!

I f i keep a fan running while I sleep it significantly cuts down on the noise ! 

Go to the Amphur and complain !

Tell them you can’t sleep , your suffering from depression and anxiety ! They will send some staff members to inspect the situation!

Yappers is the perfect description and name for some of them. But none the less annoying to the T.