Divine intervention? Miracle as broken Grimsby Minster clock starts ticking by itself again

Bluesofa

When the churchwarden for Grimsby Minster looked up and saw its centuries-old clock tick for the first time in five years, he thought it might be divine intervention.

The “miracle”, it turns out, was not God’s work, but that of a local cheesemaker armed with a can of WD-40, a grease gun and a schoolboy with a knack for engineering.

The clock on the Grimsby landmark had only been correct twice a day for the past few years, having become stuck at the time of 11.55.

https://online-news.co.uk/news/divine-intervention-miracle-as-broken-grimsby-minster-clock-starts-ticking-by-itself-again.html 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

The “miracle”, it turns out, was not God’s work, but that of a local cheesemaker armed with a can of WD-40,

I'd have kept quiet and let people think that it was indeed the Lord not wasting a second in fixing it .. and if they put some God fingerprints on the WD40 can they could charge people to look at it to raise money to fix the roof .. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

46 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'When the churchwarden for Grimsby Minster looked up and saw its centuries-old clock tick for the first time in five years, . . . '

About time 😏!

Great little story, though 🤗!

• Haha 2

Can't see why they put some WD on it, at least, as my learned friend Bluesofa says, it was right twice a day & you could set your watch by it.

One can always tell when a clock is hungry, as it goes back for seconds.😁

The origin of the name Grimsby, comes from Scandinavian.

By means Town 

Grim - ugly

There is also a local legend of it being named after Danish a fisherman.

I lived in Denmark looong ago, where I learnt of the first origin.

https://wikishire.co.uk/wiki/Grimsby

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1