News Forum - Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know!

Thaiger

On 2/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, dmorey1630 said:

The Test & Go plan should be called the Test To Get Going, Test Again, Test To Keep Going & Test To Be Gone. The first PCR test is required within 72 hours before boarding our flight to Bangkok (a $250 USD cost in the USA), the second PCR test as soon as we arrive costs $150 USD more, then there's the antigen test on day five, and finally a fourth test that the USA requires on the day before we fly home. Then add in the medical insurance. It was going to cost an extra $1,200 USD for my wife and I to travel to Bangkok during covid, which is why we canceled our flight and hotel reservations. It's very frustrating for us as both my wife and I are fully vaccinated and recently boosted, and are happy to wear a mask while in public. It's nice that Thailand is trying to deal with the covid situation seriously and carefully, but the excessive testing and associated cost discouraged us, and I'm sure many other American tourists, from coming until things return to normal. I suppose I should be happy because when we recently traveled to Singapore and then Croatia, my wife spent thousands on clothes and jewelry shopping. 

Thanks for the sound approach and canceling your trip here!

The more people who complain and criticize this govt covid schemes the better imop

If nobody complained and bumpkins  continued coming here ,the covid scheme insanity would never stop!

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, Thaiger said:

There’s good news on the horizon for those looking to travel to Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has just announced updated requirements, making it easier than ever to enter the Land of Smiles — with a big smile of your own. Beginning March 1, travellers  by air, land and water will be able to register to enter Thailand under the revised “Test and Go” scheme, with a reduced minimum coverage for medical insurance and just 1 PCR test on arrival. Approved travellers under the new requirements will be able to enter Thailand beginning March 7. Here are […]

The story Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

obviously the Thai government wants to stop tourism.  there are better places to go with less hassles.

• Like 1

Serious question...hopefully someone out there can provide a serious answer. It is suggested that we apply for the Thailand Pass at least 7 days prior to our scheduled departure yet the article states that we need a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of departure. The test result requirement seems to restrict us from applying for the TP any earlier than 72 hours prior to departure. I'm sure I'm missing something...can someone please explain? Thank you in advance  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, Gregrocky58 said:

Still to complicated

If you get pcr test before flight,that is enough

Well said.  I think in a few months we'll get there.

• Like 1

Other than the usual negative press about the Thailand Pass system, my application today was as smooth as silk.  

All documents loaded without a hitch, although most documents are still shown as needing to be image files rather than pdf files.

And the smoothest part for me, I got my notification of registration and reference number immediately, and then my QR code was issued within three hours of submitting my application!

Certainly a significant improvement on Test & Go 1.0.  Well done the “TP” Team. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Test & Go 3.0 is way better than version 1.0.  I got my QR code within 3 hours of making my application this morning.  Well done to the TP Team 👍👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daavi01 said:

Other than the usual negative press about the Thailand Pass system, my application today was as smooth as silk.  

All documents loaded without a hitch, although most documents are still shown as needing to be image files rather than pdf files.

And the smoothest part for me, I got my notification of registration and reference number immediately, and then my QR code was issued within three hours of submitting my application!

Certainly a significant improvement on Test & Go 1.0.  Well done the “TP” Team. 👍👍👍

".....Also, your insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Thailand...."

What happens if I initially get a visa for a few months and then decide to apply for a 1 year ("retirement") visa while still in Thailand, does the covid insurance have to be extended as well?

As long as there is a list of steps needed to enter the Kingdom, I will take my 10 thousand USD elsewhere.

Thailand must be flush with funds since they apparently don’t want foreigners money. Maybe the only nation on the globe that does not need the tourism sector to flourish. Their policies tell me they are Ok with crushing the tourism sector for at least another year.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 5:04 AM, Thaiger said:

There’s good news on the horizon for those looking to travel to Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has just announced updated requirements, making it easier than ever to enter the Land of Smiles — with a big smile of your own. Beginning March 1, travellers  by air, land and water will be able to register to enter Thailand under the revised “Test and Go” scheme, with a reduced minimum coverage for medical insurance and just 1 PCR test on arrival. Approved travellers under the new requirements will be able to enter Thailand beginning March 7. Here are […]

The story Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

After changing the entry rules is before changing the entry rules.

I anticipate that there will be no run on the T&G 3.0 Thai Pass. Will take another month or so for the authorities to understand that and come up with 4.0.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 2:13 AM, ExpatB4 said:

I've already got my 5-day Thailand Pass approved, arriving March 11. I have booked 5 days including 2 tests at a hotel. My question is, can I still use the same pass and cancel 4 days of the hotel, or do I have to apply for a new 1-day Test & Go pass? I'd rather not have to go through the application process again but I don't want to end end up being forced to do the 5 days Test & Go because my original pass requires it. Normally I wouldn't need to stay at a hotel in Thailand at all.

I'm in the same position.  The new rules apply to people who get a pass before March 1st.  So you can use your current Day #1 scheduled test and stay at the hotel one night.  Then your off go wherever you want (assuming you test negative).  I'd read something about getting a refund on your Day #5 test but I suspect it's not worth the hassle.

11 hours ago, Tea said:

Serious question...hopefully someone out there can provide a serious answer. It is suggested that we apply for the Thailand Pass at least 7 days prior to our scheduled departure yet the article states that we need a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of departure. The test result requirement seems to restrict us from applying for the TP any earlier than 72 hours prior to departure. I'm sure I'm missing something...can someone please explain? Thank you in advance  

Hi. You don’t need the PCR test result to apply for the Thailand pass. You just need to take a copy of the test result along with you to the airport. I applied for my TP two weeks prior to travel and had my PCR test 48 hours before departing. Hope this helps and good luck with your travel plans. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daavi01 said:

Well done the “TP” Team

Amazing that we have to be amazed by something that works simply cause someone has done his job properly he he he...

• Like 2

I've had my day 1 and day 5 booked for a while. Applied for my Thailand pass today, easy, no hitches yet. The thing is, my day 5 hotel is refusing to refund me after I tried to cancel. So if they now take a booking for someone else on my cancelled room, they've made double money. What a scam, not encouraged to come again when treated like that. I tried to claim for my loss on my officially approved AXA insurance, they say they are medical insurance only. Its all quickly turning into a scam. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 7:40 AM, Gavinski said:

what happens on day 5 if you self test positive?

Buy one or more tests as soon as you get to Thailand and do the test on day 1 or until you get a negative, then send the pic of that negative test on day 5. Or wait until day 5, do the test then and if positive, send the result and off you go to quarantine for 10 days. The choice is yours.

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tea said:

Uploading of the test results to  the TP is not rquirement to apply

14 hours ago, JamesR said:

".....Also, your insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Thailand...."

What happens if I initially get a visa for a few months and then decide to apply for a 1 year ("retirement") visa while still in Thailand, does the covid insurance have to be extended as well?

I believe the answer to that is  no!

You only need the Ins to cover your original stay! Your visa ended.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

A very unlikely scenario though isn't it. 

More likely I have the sniffles for a few days. 

A very possible scenario and especially if you are over 55 and have a chronic condition that makes you susceptible to severe disease being vaccinated may not stop you from becoming very sick. In spite of the rubbish pushed by people about Omicron being nothing, the facts are that it is equally as deadly as the original Wuhan and Alpha strains. Here in Australia where 95% of the East Coast population is double or triple vaccinated you regularly hear about you healthy vaccinated people being very sick and describing it as worse than any flu they ever had and being left with problems with their breathing that lasts for months. If you have a heart condition or something similar that is undiagnosed, which is quite common in westerners, you could get extremely sick very fast. Think about how often over the years that you heard about somebody that seemed perfectly health having a heart attack... Covid will make people in that position very sick or worse. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

A very possible scenario and especially if you are over 55 and have a chronic condition that makes you susceptible to severe disease being vaccinated may not stop you from becoming very sick. In spite of the rubbish pushed by people about Omicron being nothing, the facts are that it is equally as deadly as the original Wuhan and Alpha strains. Here in Australia where 95% of the East Coast population is double or triple vaccinated you regularly hear about you healthy vaccinated people being very sick and describing it as worse than any flu they ever had and being left with problems with their breathing that lasts for months. If you have a heart condition or something similar that is undiagnosed, which is quite common in westerners, you could get extremely sick very fast. Think about how often over the years that you heard about somebody that seemed perfectly health having a heart attack... Covid will make people in that position very sick or worse. 

Possible, but very unlikely. 

And I'm not over 55, nor do I have a chronic condition. 

And you're wrong about it being just as deadly as previous variants, all data suggests otherwise. It is less likely to kill you. That's what deadly means. 

Thanks for your concern. 👍🏼

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

Hi. You don’t need the PCR test result to apply for the Thailand pass. You just need to take a copy of the test result along with you to the airport. I applied for my TP two weeks prior to travel and had my PCR test 48 hours before departing. Hope this helps and good luck with your travel plans. 

It does help, thank you

9 hours ago, riclag said:

I believe the answer to that is  no!

You only need the Ins to cover your original stay! Your visa ended.

Cheers, thanks for the information. 👍