News Forum - Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know!

Thaiger

15 hours ago, Gavinski said:

what happens on day 5 if you self test positive?

You look around to see if anybody noticed, then you discard the test. Then repeat process until you test negative. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ROD1 said:

I thought that if you had recovered and travel within 90 days of infection you do not need to be vaccinated. My Pass was denied. Where is it possible to verify the 6 month requirement or the 90 day without vaccine? Any ideas?

Yep - I got an idea.  Get vaccinated. 

• Like 4

Just be patient and wait.

As the rest of Asia opens up, It will change yet again and IMO, I think quite soon. Let’s face It. It will have to change if Thailand want’s any significant improvement for the tourist industry and the country’s GDP. They will need to start attracting and not dissuading tourists with hoops and threats of expensive quarantine.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BBY said:

As the rest of Asia opens up, It will change yet again and IMO, I think quite soon. Let’s face It. It will have to change if Thailand want’s any significant improvement for the tourist industry and the country’s GDP. They will need to start attracting and not dissuading tourists with hoops and threats of expensive quarantine.

Hooping cough?

On 2/23/2022 at 8:27 AM, gazmo16 said:

Hopefully  that's at least 3000 baht back in the tourists pocket for them to spend enjoying their holiday 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:04 AM, Thaiger said:

There’s good news on the horizon for those looking to travel to Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has just announced updated requirements, making it easier than ever to enter the Land of Smiles — with a big smile of your own. Beginning March 1, travellers  by air, land and water will be able to register to enter Thailand under the revised “Test and Go” scheme, with a reduced minimum coverage for medical insurance and just 1 PCR test on arrival. Approved travellers under the new requirements will be able to enter Thailand beginning March 7. Here are […]

The story Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I already get my Thailand pass. i have booked and paid for day 1 and 5 SHA+, 2 covid tests. i message Thai Consular  through line app asking if i still need to do day 5. They say this " if you applied before 1st March you have to book RT-PCR test for day 1 and day 5" can anyone tell me if this is true?  

7 hours ago, ROD1 said:

Why would a person want to get vaccinated with a vaccine that is unproven if they have acquired natural immunity. SMH

Exactly, the science doesn't back getting vaccinated if you have already been infected by Covid.  Amazing that a recent Covid infection doesn't count towards entry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How about doing away with all except for:

No single white males over the age of 55 coming in on a tourist visa.

After being in Bangkok last week it was pretty evident that social distancing is impossible and that the only ones not wearing a mask that covered both nose and mouth belonged to those mentioned above.

Anyone with half a brain knows masks do work to inhibit airborne pathogens when expelled from the nose and mouth. So those naysayers from previous posts who are obviously a bit dense, stay home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was pretty clear to me when I read the rules. If you had covid then you had to have one vaccination afterwards. My pass application was accepted in 3 days, maybe because I followed all the rules , not that the rules make any sense

• Like 1

The Test & Go plan should be called the Test To Get Going, Test Again, Test To Keep Going & Test To Be Gone. The first PCR test is required within 72 hours before boarding our flight to Bangkok (a $250 USD cost in the USA), the second PCR test as soon as we arrive costs $150 USD more, then there's the antigen test on day five, and finally a fourth test that the USA requires on the day before we fly home. Then add in the medical insurance. It was going to cost an extra $1,200 USD for my wife and I to travel to Bangkok during covid, which is why we canceled our flight and hotel reservations. It's very frustrating for us as both my wife and I are fully vaccinated and recently boosted, and are happy to wear a mask while in public. It's nice that Thailand is trying to deal with the covid situation seriously and carefully, but the excessive testing and associated cost discouraged us, and I'm sure many other American tourists, from coming until things return to normal. I suppose I should be happy because when we recently traveled to Singapore and then Croatia, my wife spent thousands on clothes and jewelry shopping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ROD1 said:

Why would a person want to get vaccinated with a vaccine that is unproven if they have acquired natural immunity. SMH

What do you mean with "unproven vaccine"? There is no such thing, all vaccines need to be approved before being administered to the public. "Natural immunity" - I assume you mean immunity because of having had an infection? Well, fades away with time and does not work with all (new) virus strains.

By the way: given the choice between "natural immunity" and vaccination this is a no brainer for me: I'd always opt for the latter (who would want to get an infection in the first place?).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dmorey1630 said:

The Test & Go plan should be called the Test To Get Going, Test Again, Test To Keep Going & Test To Be Gone. The first PCR test is required within 72 hours before boarding our flight to Bangkok (a $250 USD cost in the USA), the second PCR test as soon as we arrive costs $150 USD more, then there's the antigen test on day five, and finally a fourth test that the USA requires on the day before we fly home. Then add in the medical insurance. It was going to cost an extra $1,200 USD for my wife and I to travel to Bangkok during covid, which is why we canceled our flight and hotel reservations. It's very frustrating for us as both my wife and I are fully vaccinated and recently boosted, and are happy to wear a mask while in public. It's nice that Thailand is trying to deal with the covid situation seriously and carefully, but the excessive testing and associated cost discouraged us, and I'm sure many other American tourists, from coming until things return to normal. I suppose I should be happy because when we recently traveled to Singapore and then Croatia, my wife spent thousands on clothes and jewelry shopping. 

I agree, the current entry scheme 3.0 is still very costly and - and this is what am unhappy about - makes little to no sense at all. Omikron is making its way in Thailand as it did in other countries. Not nice, but not that much to worry either as the symptoms are mild compared with Delta. Germany (population 82m vs Thailand 70m) reports 170K new daily infections today whereas TH has something around 24K, so what's the trouble? No testing required, and no exhaustive paperwork either if you wish to visit Germany (or any other Western European country). Foreign tourists aren't the infection drivers in Thailand, so why are they treated as if they were?

Now we are at T&G 3.0 and I don't expose myself to much risk of being proven wrong that 4.0 is not far. Not that I have much confidence that the responsible persons in TH are slowly understanding how futile the current rules are, but they will inevitably come to realize that tourists decide to go elsewhere to avoid all that hassle. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BBY said:

I agree - but until now there has been little evidence that common sense has kissed those who make the entry rules in Thailand. So for now, tourists are simply "voting" by their feet by just choosing other tourist destinations with less cumbersome entry procedures.

But hope dies last, so they say, so I hope that T&G 4.0 (5.0?) will change things to the better.

1 hour ago, dmorey1630 said:

Yes quite understand, both my wife andI caught Covid after we arrived in January and were tested but only my wife who had a scheduled foot op was tested again at week two at a pre-op in hospital and was immediately hospitalised there for 6 days then as asymptomatic she was released to 5 days home isolation. We have just cancelled and lost the air fare on a 14 day side trip to visit our daughter in Australia as we realised that to get back into Thailand we would need the full test and go pass, pcr and pre-paid hotel but if we tested positive then we could be forced to hospitalise and lose our business class London return tickets, just too risky, next year we will go to Oz breaking our journey in Singapore, such a pity we have come to Thailand for padt 5 years we've had all four eyes cateracted in the first class hospitals, my wife had a foot op and all new lower jaw teeth implants. Each time we must have spent £25-30k in all guess we will miss each other.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 8:52 AM, AussieBob said:

Yep - I got an idea.  Get vaccinated. 

Yes you could get a fit to fly certificate from a clinic after an antibody test supported by a supervised negative Antigen test. I got this for £40 in Bangkok (look at internet) but then we have cancelled our Sydney trip as re-entry to Thailand for return London flight a few days later is just too risky.

• Thanks 1

I have an approved Thai pass and a test and go hotel and transfer and day 1 pcr set up before 22 dec 2021 ( travel to Thailand in April ) , I obviously still need the day 5 antigen test , how do I obtain this and also I have the morchana app and accepts my  Thai pass but not my details .. does this only work when I get to Thailand ??? 

I applied and received my Thailand pass under the old 2 PCR  test protocol. I had booked the hotel “Blackwoods” in Pattaya on Agoda so I had to pay a extra ฿9500 for 4 tests and a taxi from airport to hotel for my wife.

With the announcement of only 1 test needed I quickly reached out to to the hotel for a refund of the 2 extra tests; the are not paying the hospital therefore I should get some type of refund … no? I was informed that there is a no refund policy and they get to keep the extra ฿4,000? ( Just guessing that each test is ฿2,000 ea)

This would never happen in Europe / America however it seems in Thailand if they can find a way to take advantage of you they will.

Bruce 

• Like 1

Thai government makes rules to pay for test and go
but no rules for hotels to give refund

when you look at aq.in.th you will see
that most hotels has no or bad refund policies

• Thanks 1

If you test positive on day 5, just ask a friend to test on your behalf.... all these pathetic regulations and rules are a complete waste of time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlesW said:

If you test positive on day 5, just ask a friend to test on your behalf.... all these pathetic regulations and rules are a complete waste of time. 

Or just dip the swab in some saline instead of your nose.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:10 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Going by my kids' school experience, a lot of the children upload the same negative one each week because they don't want to buy a new one. 

I'd take one of my kids negative ones and upload that if I tested positive. 

I would advise anyone visiting under TnG to buy an ATK as soon as they walk out from the hotel when they know they're negative. Take the test and keep the negative result. 

Really bad advice. All of our people talking about not reporting a positive test are asking for trouble. Let me paint you a picture. You test positive and do what you say. A few days later you're really sick and struggling to breathe. Eventually you get so sick you call for help. They rush you to hospital and ask for your insurance details. The insurance won't pay shit because you didn't report your test results as required. Do you see where this is heading. A few days later we read in the Thaiger about a foreigner that died of Covid because he couldn't afford the intensive care treatment he needed to survive. Or that he died leaving huge medical bills for his family. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Really bad advice. All of our people talking about not reporting a positive test are asking for trouble. Let me paint you a picture. You test positive and do what you say. A few days later you're really sick and struggling to breathe. Eventually you get so sick you call for help. They rush you to hospital and ask for your insurance details. The insurance won't pay shit because you didn't report your test results as required. Do you see where this is heading. A few days later we read in the Thaiger about a foreigner that died of Covid because he couldn't afford the intensive care treatment he needed to survive. Or that he died leaving huge medical bills for his family. 

A very unlikely scenario though isn't it. 

More likely I have the sniffles for a few days. 

Why don't they update the application process to stop requiring 5th day test or 50k insurance? My gf is coming this weekend and we still cannot apply... They must have updated their site at least a week before so people would apply a week before their arrival in March with the new rules...

• Like 2