News Forum - Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know!

Thaiger

There’s good news on the horizon for those looking to travel to Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has just announced updated requirements, making it easier than ever to enter the Land of Smiles — with a big smile of your own. Beginning March 1, travellers  by air, land and water will be able to register to enter Thailand under the revised “Test and Go” scheme, with a reduced minimum coverage for medical insurance and just 1 PCR test on arrival. Approved travellers under the new requirements will be able to enter Thailand beginning March 7. Here are […]

The story Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not coming back until the completely illogical outdoor mask mandate persists.  What a joke.  Wear masks outside, then as soon as you go inside you take them off.  Never mind that masks are almost completely ineffective anyway.  Just pissing in the wind.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

12 minutes ago, WR2 said:

I'm not coming back until the completely illogical outdoor mask mandate persists.  What a joke.  Wear masks outside, then as soon as you go inside you take them off.  Never mind that masks are almost completely ineffective anyway.  Just pissing in the wind.

Thailand will surely miss your $50 dollars a day. And all the urine that you freely distribute.

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, WR2 said:

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

There’s good news on the horizon for those looking to travel to Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has just announced updated requirements, making it easier than ever to enter the Land of Smiles — with a big smile of your own. Beginning March 1, travellers  by air, land and water will be able to register to enter Thailand under the revised “Test and Go” scheme, with a reduced minimum coverage for medical insurance and just 1 PCR test on arrival. Approved travellers under the new requirements will be able to enter Thailand beginning March 7. Here are […]

The story Thailand Pass “Test & Go” 3.0 — All you need to know! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

what happens on day 5 if you self test positive?

• Like 1

reduced requirement from US 50k to 20k (non)-coverage premium price remains same (or more.)  No incentive there. So what if day five hotel & PRC test is gone?  It's the entire ridiculous  'thai pass' scheme that turns the  potential leisure tourists off. Sure, a few expats and others will bite the bullet and stragle in but the former numbers of visitors? With the thai pass and all the other restrictions in place? No way  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thai insurance is a complete scam. I bought AXA Thai cover for 90 days, yet shortly after arriving I had to claim. AXAs response was to cancel cover leaving me without any travel insurance for my remaung 70 days. My advice to any toursist, avoud AXA Thai like the plague!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gavinski said:

Exactly.  The answer is - 10 days quarantine !!   The onyl thing they have changed is that you dont have to book and pay for the day 5 test up front to be able to apply to enter on Thailand Pass.  

How many times does Thailand have to shoot itself in the foot and get caught with yet another scam before they stop doing it.  It is not 'quarantine free' - that is a lie.  They have not removed day 5 tests and quarantine if positive - that is also a lie. Or should I say:  'that is a marketing exaggeration by TAT'?  

• Like 3

I've already got my 5-day Thailand Pass approved, arriving March 11. I have booked 5 days including 2 tests at a hotel. My question is, can I still use the same pass and cancel 4 days of the hotel, or do I have to apply for a new 1-day Test & Go pass? I'd rather not have to go through the application process again but I don't want to end end up being forced to do the 5 days Test & Go because my original pass requires it. Normally I wouldn't need to stay at a hotel in Thailand at all.

18 minutes ago, TSS said:

reduced requirement from US 50k to 20k (non)-coverage premium price remains same (or more.)  No incentive there. So what if day five hotel & PRC test is gone?  It's the entire ridiculous  'thai pass' scheme that turns the  potential leisure tourists off. Sure, a few expats and others will bite the bullet and stragle in but the former numbers of visitors? With the thai pass and all the other restrictions in place? No way  

According to your statement the 20k cost is the same if not more then the original TG  policy of 50k!

If true then this is helping the insurance company ,when it’s time on paying out claims !

Its not helping the travelers!

Insurance is a full on scam. The companies selling the policies know the policies are not fit for purpose, nor are they incented to lower premiums. Why should/would they? They have a captive customer base with little or no other options. All you can do is buy from whom ever offers the cheapest option, and pray you never need to attempt to use it..

Edited by Cabra
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Insurance is a full on scam. The companies selling the policies know the policies are not fit for purpose, nor are they incented to lower premiums. Why should/would they? They have a captive customer base with little or no other options. All you can do is buy from whom ever offers the cheapest option, and pray you never need to attempt to use it..

When wasn't insurance a Government aided scam? Look at motor insurance, Jeez.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Exactly.  The answer is - 10 days quarantine !!   The onyl thing they have changed is that you dont have to book and pay for the day 5 test up front to be able to apply to enter on Thailand Pass.  

Maybe The Thaiger should ask the 500 a day people from Sandbox and Test & Go in Phuket that have been reported daily (but not put on the CCSA list) as that is certainly a concern as it’s reported as now 1100 - 1200 people in Phuket being reported positive COVID19 daily.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2269391/phuket-reporting-1-100-covid-cases-a-day

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gavinski said:

You keep that information to yourself, self isolate, download food panda, and watch Netflix for a week ..AT HOME

• Like 4

3 hours ago, riclag said:

According to your statement the 20k cost is the same if not more then the original TG  policy of 50k!

If true then this is helping the insurance company ,when it’s time on paying out claims !

Its not helping the travelers!

How to register for entry into Thailand?

If you plan to catch a flight, take a bus or drive a car, then you’ll need to register for entry using the Thailand Pass system. Registration 

• Thanks 1

According to your statement the 20k cost is the same if not more then the original TG  policy of 50k!

do your own due diligence, read the fine print, good luck.

• Like 1

"until you receive your negative test result the next day". Sounds like a foregone conclusion! Sign me up, but first please clarify this:

"A medical certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 has not been not detected within 72 hours before travelling".

Thanks.

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You keep that information to yourself, self isolate, download food panda, and watch Netflix for a week ..AT HOME

And get another ATK test done a few days later - and keep going til you get a positive one.  And then when leaving or asked, say that you forgot - the Mor Chana app didnt work - the cat ate it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

And get another ATK test done a few days later - and keep going til you get a positive one.  And then when leaving or asked, say that you forgot - the Mor Chana app didnt work - the cat ate it.  

Going by my kids' school experience, a lot of the children upload the same negative one each week because they don't want to buy a new one. 

I'd take one of my kids negative ones and upload that if I tested positive. 

I would advise anyone visiting under TnG to buy an ATK as soon as they walk out from the hotel when they know they're negative. Take the test and keep the negative result. 

• Like 3

I thought that if you had recovered and travel within 90 days of infection you do not need to be vaccinated. My Pass was denied. Where is it possible to verify the 6 month requirement or the 90 day without vaccine? Any ideas?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gavinski said:

You have to call COVID-19 hotline 1330 and will be send via ambulance to take another PCR test at any hospital, if negative, you are free to go, if positive, you'll be in quarantine in a hospital or hospitel for at least 10 days & be forced to pay at least B100K upfront.

• Like 1