News Forum - Putin sends ‘peacekeeping’ troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions

Thaiger

11 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

I'd say invading your neighbors, poisoning political opponents or jailing them, having journalists assassinated and manipulating you own nations constitution to stay in power for 20+ years is a smidge worse that mask mandates and restrictions on business to address a public health concern.

Your ignorance is dizzying. Do you really believe that other countries do not/have not engaged in this same behavior? Do you honestly believe those organizations like Mi5, Mi6, CIA etc. do not engage in this activity? You, like many others on this platform really have no idea what is actually going on with this ongoing conflict. Attempting to character assassinate Putin is an amateurish attempt to engage in this topic. Seriously dude... you, and those that have liked your comment, need to go do some serious research into the history of this conflict. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, vlad said:

The APU'S and other vehicles that rolled into Ukraine had their insignia blanked out why?. Is it the Russian infantry attempting to blame separatists to provoke Ukraine into action thus enabling Russia to move in to say we will protect our Nationals in Donetsk?

Same reason UN tanks do when moving into other countries as peacekeepers me thinks.

8 hours ago, KT50 said:

The USA is void of leadership.  Russia and China know this.  Russia knows no one is going to stop it.  China might give a bit more pause before invading Taiwan, due to the amount of money made from the USA, via manufacturing, agriculture, finance, etc.  However, as an American, I have zero faith in the idiots in charge at this point.  China could take over Taiwan and Biden would be left to wonder if he remembered to put on his underwear this morning. 

I do not think that China will take the opportunity.  Unlike those States in Ukraine that have been 'occupied', Taiwan is not full of people who hate the Taiwanese Govt - quite the opposite. The people of Taiwan by and large hate China - Chine occupying Taiwan would be like Russia invading all of Ukraine - not just a couple of States that have been at war with the Ukraine central Govt  since 2014. The war started after 'their' President was ousted in a violent coup - which also directly lead to the Crimean State leaving Ukraine, also with the help of Russia. 

But China and Taiwan is definitely related to this matter - The following 15 nations recognize Taiwan as a sovereign country: Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Eswatini, Tuvalu, Nauru, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Marshall Isalnds, Palau, and the Vatican City (U.N. non-member). The United States maintained Taiwan's recognition for 30 years after the Chinese civil war but switched in 1979. Despite this, the U.S. has maintained a positive relationship with Taiwan, including offering the island military assistance, a move that has caused tension between the U.S. and China. In 2019, Kiribati and the Solomon Islands both switched their recognition from Taiwan to China within a week. Only 14 of the 193 UN countries recognize Taiwan now, plus The Holy See (Vatican).

Russia will be seeking over time that like Taiwan, the occupied States should be recognised as part of Russia - I think they will also succeed like China did. But unlike Taiwan, none of those States will be seeking an agreement with USA to support them militarily. 

• Like 1

well at the end of the day the human history is repeating itself, always a small group of individuals who want more power and are ready to send thousand of dudes to kill each other to accomplish their agenda. this planet is at war since the man landed on it , the goal is always  more power , the battle field change from time to time , but men remain the same only the weapons evolve. geezzzzzz we are struggling with a pandemy world wilde and some are ready to spend billions to kill each other ........... there is a paradox on this planet. 

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Your ignorance is dizzying. Do you really believe that other countries do not/have not engaged in this same behavior? Do you honestly believe those organizations like Mi5, Mi6, CIA etc. do not engage in this activity? You, like many others on this platform really have no idea what is actually going on with this ongoing conflict. Attempting to character assassinate Putin is an amateurish attempt to engage in this topic. Seriously dude... you, and those that have liked your comment, need to go do some serious research into the history of this conflict. 

And what "research" have you come up with? Tell me when the UK, US, Canada have invaded countries with democratically elected leaders? Tell me when the UK, US and Canada have assassinated political opponents...I'll wait. Tell me a time when the UK, US or Canada used a radioactive agent to murder the domestic foes in other countries.

The typical way Putin's supporters and trolls try to throw people off is the ridiculous moral equivalency arguments that try to get people to defend democratic governments, that are not perfect, and ignore the far more anti-freedom, murderous actions of the Russian or Chinese government. 

"Sure, we invaded our demecratic neighbor for the same reasons Hitler invaded Czeckoslovakia, but you invaded Afghanistan after terrorist attacks on your country were launched from there....same!"

"Sure, we put an entire ethnic group into concentration camps and sterilize their women, but you have many prisons with people who, for the most part, had due process and were convicted of crimes....same!"

The lace panty wearing Putin is a murderous dictator. Fact! Ask Dawn Sturgess. Oh, you can't, she is the British citizen that was killed in Putin's attempted murder of the Skripals in the UK.

Putin is directly responsible for scores of death over the past few days in his latest invasion. These are facts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Same reason UN tanks do when moving into other countries as peacekeepers me thinks.

When the UN sends in peace keepers, the insignia are changed to UN insignia and are clearly marked as UN peace keepers. The troops involved also have significant uniform changes adding UN insignia so that they are clearly identifiable as UN troops. They don't cover up insignia in an attempt to hide their identity! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

When the UN sends in peace keepers, the insignia are changed to UN insignia and are clearly marked as UN peace keepers. The troops involved also have significant uniform changes adding UN insignia so that they are clearly identifiable as UN troops. They don't cover up insignia in an attempt to hide their identity! 

Are suggesting Russia was trying to hide that it was using its own tanks to occupy Donetsk.  Pray tell - why? 

To help you and others learn a lot more about what has been happening in Ukraine - particularly since the coup overthrow of the President in 2014. The picture below is a tank with a flag of Novorossia - the attempted Union of the self-declared Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republic - driving in central Donetsk in August 2014

Tank.jpg.50b46895f344751d5d63014c62f6228f.jpg

https://www.kyivpost.com/article/content/war-against-ukraine/usa-today-russian-tanks-cross-border-open-new-war-front-in-ukraine-361973.html

That Union has since separated, but the self-declared independent States are still there and they have been in a civil war with the Ukraine Govt ever since 2014.  The UN estimates about 15,000 have died - countless more injured and displaced.

Donetsk People's Republic - Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk_People's_Republic

Luhansk People's Republic - Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhansk_People's_Republic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Are suggesting Russia was trying to hide that it was using its own tanks to occupy Donetsk.  Pray tell - why? 

Are you suggesting that the pictured tank may be a Russian tank with its insignia removed flying a false flag? 😂🤣😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Are you suggesting that the pictured tank may be a Russian tank with its insignia removed flying a false flag? 😂🤣😂

You did not answer the question of course - because you have no answer. 

That picture was an attempt to inform you that there has been a war going on since 2014, and that in order to understand what is going on and why NATO is mainly at fault, that you need to learn history - not just spout forth PR rubbish from the western media outlets. 

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

That picture was an attempt to inform you that there has been a war going on since 2014, and that in order to understand what is going on and why NATO is mainly at fault, that you need to learn history - not just spout forth PR rubbish from the western media outlets. 

Wtf are you talking about? At what point have I suggested that the Russians did not begin their invasion of the the Ukraine in 2014? You need to get a grip mate. I am just commenting on the stupidity of people suggesting that UN peace keepers bare any resemblance to Russian forces removing their insignia and behaving like pirates and spies. 

Edited by Tim_Melb
Removed a reference to another member, I don't have the right to speak on his behalf.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Wtf are you talking about? At what point have I suggested that the Russians did not begin their invasion of the the Ukraine in 2014? You need to get a grip mate. I am just commenting on the stupidity of people suggesting that UN peace keepers bare any resemblance to Russian forces removing their insignia and behaving like pirates and spies. 

Perhaps you need to learn to stay out of other people's discussion's. Vlad made a statement, and I responded to him - not to you.  But you jumped in and have made a goose of yourself calling other people stupid, when it is very clear who is what. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Perhaps you need to learn to stay out of other people's discussion's. Vlad made a statement, and I responded to him - not to you.  But you jumped in and have made a goose of yourself calling other people stupid, when it is very clear who is what. 

You are the one that made stupid statements about UN troops having no insignia and then went off the deep end about being criticised. This is a public forum that means it's open to all people who are members to comment on it. If you want to have private conversations I suggest you use a chat app. It's plain for all to see who is being precious and stupid. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

You are the one that made stupid statements about UN troops having no insignia and then went off the deep end about being criticised. This is a public forum that means it's open to all people who are members to comment on it. If you want to have private conversations I suggest you use a chat app. It's plain for all to see who is being precious and stupid. 

Yep - plain as day. 

5 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Litvinenko was poisoned in London by kgb agents with a uranium-based poison, the Salsbury poisoning was caused again by soviet secret agents on foreign soil Feedthedumb. Alexi Navalny an opposition leader against Putin was poisoned by Novichok in Berlin by agents acting on behalf of the Russian government another Ukrainian Vikctor Yushchenco was poisoned in 2004 there are many more always outside Russia so how many US or UK  agents run around poisoning their opposition members. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, vlad said:

Litvinenko was poisoned in London by kgb agents with a uranium-based poison, the Salsbury poisoning was caused again by soviet secret agents on foreign soil Feedthedumb. Alexi Navalny an opposition leader against Putin was poisoned by Novichok in Berlin by agents acting on behalf of the Russian government another Ukrainian Vikctor Yushchenco was poisoned in 2004 there are many more always outside Russia so how many US or UK  agents run around poisoning their opposition members. 

Especially in the case of the Salisbury poisoning the Jury is still out the guy was a known Wino who used to drink in the same spot by the Canal most day's I'm quite sure the FSB with their highly skilled Operatives could  have knocked this disident of without arousing suspicion at anytime making it look like an accident.

Looked like at the time and still does a false flag OP (not that I know that) however everything including the media reports afterwards suggested it.

Novichok would have been a weapon of last resort .

But it's one of those mysteries we'll never find the answers too .

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Attempting to character assassinate Putin is an amateurish attempt to engage in this topic. Seriously dude... you, and those that have liked your comment, need to go do some serious research into the history of this conflict. 

I think there is a wealth of evidence to suggest that assassinating Putin's character is extremely justified, unless you are thinking of another Putin?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

To help you and others learn a lot more about what has been happening in Ukraine - particularly since the coup overthrow of the President in 2014. The picture below is a tank with a flag of Novorossia - the attempted Union of the self-declared Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republic - driving in central Donetsk in August 2014

Tank.jpg.50b46895f344751d5d63014c62f6228f.jpg

https://www.kyivpost.com/article/content/war-against-ukraine/usa-today-russian-tanks-cross-border-open-new-war-front-in-ukraine-361973.html

That Union has since separated, but the self-declared independent States are still there and they have been in a civil war with the Ukraine Govt ever since 2014.  The UN estimates about 15,000 have died - countless more injured and displaced.

Donetsk People's Republic - Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk_People's_Republic

Luhansk People's Republic - Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhansk_People's_Republic

I think if you got a chance to inspect that tank, you would undoubtedly find "

Сделано в России" inscribed on it. 
BTW, there are plenty of pics showing 
missiles including the one that likely
 brought down MH 17, without the 
Russian Insignia being moved backwards
 and forwards across the border.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Especially in the case of the Salisbury poisoning the Jury is still out the guy was a known Wino who used to drink in the same spot by the Canal most day's I'm quite sure the FSB with their highly skilled Operatives could  have knocked this disident of without arousing suspicion at anytime making it look like an accident.

Looked like at the time and still does a false flag OP (not that I know that) however everything including the media reports afterwards suggested it.

Novichok would have been a weapon of last resort .

But it's one of those mysteries we'll never find the answers too .

it was spread on his Door handle proved and others were infected with it they named them in the media and showed there mugshots but we will never have them back facing British justice.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

In 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland it was done under the guise of an alleged attack by Poland on Germany. The Germans filmed the corpses of the attackers, who were not Poles, but Germans dressed in Polish uniforms, who were considered enemies of the Nazis. False flag ops are nothing new.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EdwardV said:

. However even Russia employing them wouldn't be in an effort to win, but to not loose

I think you are completely on point. However I fail to see the difference in outcomes if Russia was to employ a first strike to "win" or a last resort "not to lose"  A nuclear weapon going off and everyone loses. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Putin & Xi are ONLY about Power

And if you gave Hitler the  Sudetenland it would mean "peace in our time"  

You have people with grand ambitions.  Sometimes those ambitions cloud common sense.  It certainly did with Hitler as he chose to violate his own non-aggression pact with Stalin which substantially led to the defeat of Germany. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vlad said:

it was spread on his Door handle proved and others were infected with it they named them in the media and showed there mugshots but we will never have them back facing British justice.

Of course the poster you are responding to misses the obvious. If Skirpel had died in an accident, how does that send the message from Putin, "I can get you wherever you are"?

That's the point of these assassinations. By the time the victim is dying, the killers are already on a plane back to Russia, and it is only when they are beyond the reach of Justice, that the evidence as to what happened becomes obvious. If you arrange an accident, without any evidence that it was not an accident, it remains an accident. But if you arrange a blatant murder, where the weapon can only be sourced through the military, Polonium and Novichok being two examples, than that sends out a clear message, "This was state sponsored".

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, vlad said:

It was also in the news that 2 x FSB Operatives had a drug and drink fueled orgy in an East London Hotel prior to the said assassination.

Not exactly the behaviour of professionals from The FSB.

Also if my memory serves me correctly there was a lot of issues with the evidence at the time especially the mugshots.

Now I'm not saying it didn't happen but the evidence is sketchy at best and bears strong clues to being fabricated.