News Forum - Putin sends ‘peacekeeping’ troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions

Thaiger

59 minutes ago, 23RD said:

This is nothing new Vladimir Putin takes a chunk of Ukraine everytime a Weak Democrat Administration is in power.

It's even easier this time as Joe, Hunter and Frank are so compromised by the Pro Russian Ukrainians as well as The Russian Government themselves.

The writing has been on the wall for sometime now even Stevie Wonder could see it.

The only unanswered question is how much will Anthony Blinken offer them to  go firm in just the 2 x Pro Russian regions of The Ukraine. 

So you really doesn't know anything about europe, Nato, USA and how this is organized. It seams you think Europe doesn't exist including all nato members, european countries, armies, nuclear weapons etc. If you think this is now on Blinken alone shows you definetly know nothing from europe, never served there or in the Nato, don't anything EU and how it is organized. I guess you even don't know how many countries the EU are or how many members the Nato has. Yes sure even Steven Wonders know it better. May I remind you we are talking about Europe and Nato. I think you have no knowledge about Nato contracts, regulations and how it us regulated. By the way europe/Nato is trained 70 years in Europe for Russian agressions or invasion. In you really think it is all about Blinken now and you think they not go all possible scenarios before in 70 years? Maybe you talk to some in Germany what they trained even in schools when they were young and all who had to serve by mandate. And how it was in the last wars in Europe in the 90s at the Balkan wars. You have a bit a childrens view. This things are a little bit more complex and regulated. It is not lets see what Blinken will say. Blinken is a professional no question and for sure laughing about some adults thinking in such a way things will be decided, managed. For what need all this parlaments, Nato any regulations, meetings, contracts, trainings if we just have to wait what Blinken will decide. Maybe you should first read about it is organized, regulated, agreement, how decions are made etc etc then read the writings on the wall. And I assure you in 70 years they went through all scenarios, trained it, made agreements , regulations etc etc. You really think as there are nuclear weapons in Germany, France etc and they don't know what to do and isn't regulated between all Eu countries, Nato? Or one country (Usa for example) will decide alone for all eu countries and nato members? Really? They are very well organized with each other and if you would watched the security conference in Munich you could understand a little bit better that the world or Europe is a little bit different organized as you it think and Steven Wonder even see that. I always shocked to read from adults a world view like you would expect from children.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

He wants to be the guy who restores the Russian Empire and have another title as Czar. The UN needs to go in now sending their own peace keeper troops and create a stalemate. Otherwise it is a lost cause. Not to go off topic, but next to follow will be the CCP on Taiwan and then the entire South Sea and then as we know it the world has changed forever. So stop Putin now or all else more than likely everything we are curretnly seeing pushed for by Putin and the CCP will spiral negatively worse very fast..

This was a topic in the security conference in Munich and on the radar. But I already know from your other comments in other topics that you are aware about what is going on.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Stardust said:

So you really doesn't know anything about europe, Nato, USA and how this is organized. It seams you think Europe doesn't exist including all nato members, european countries, armies, nuclear weapons etc.

Well Stardust yes I'm quite an expert on NATO,Europe.and Armies within Europe I've had lots of first hand experiance as for nuclear weapons I'm a qualified NBC/CBNR Instructor so yes I do have a good working knowledge of them to.

definetly know nothing from europe, never served there or in the Nato

Yes Stardust I've on serveral NATO Operations (have you?).

And how it was in the last wars in Europe in the 90s at the Balkan wars.

I'm also an expert there Bud UN & NATO Operations (any questions?)

For what need all this parlaments, Nato any regulations, meetings, contracts, trainings if we just have to wait what Blinken will decide

Because they will not act unless the US leads and Joe Biden is far to compromised by Pro Russian Ukrainians and and also The Russian Federation itself to act.

Maybe you should first read about it is organized, regulated, agreement, how decions are made etc etc then read the writings on the wall.

Unlike you Bud I don't need to read about it I can talk from first hand experience.

They are very well organized with each other and if you would watched the security conference in Munich you could understand a little bit better that the world or Europe

Yes I seen some of that Conference and Kamala Harris was shocking.

I always shocked to read from adults a world view like you would expect from children.

I'm more short,sharpe and to the point Stardust Bud but that's the beauty of having first hand experience Bud my knowledge come's from real life experience not from Google (and you do love to cut and paste from Google Bud).

No but on a serious note Stardust Bud If you need to ask any questions from an expert with first hand, real life experiance of the matter I'll endevour to answer any of your questions.

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Oh then I want know the types and which units are there and where the operation center. City and town! Now I got you because I served!

Be careful with that tactic! Everyone can google. Not sure if I'm right since I didn't really read the topic & posts that lead up to this, but I'll  hazard a guess based on a 3-minute search that it's the 1st Battalion 41st Field Artillery Regiment near the main operational base of its head-quarters group, the 56th Field Artillery Brigade, at Schwäbisch Gmünd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

that's exactly what the anti-Putin keep missing, he had no choice but move quickly because western leaders, and the US in particular, have been acting "sly" and deceitful for other nations to joint their little golf club and therefore increase their worldwide influence.

Except for the fact the Ukraine is ineligible to become a NATO member as long as Russia sits in Crimea. Since Russia was never leaving, the Ukraine was never joining. The idea the west forced Russia to attack has always be fanciful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

Excellent observation HCC Bud Vladimir Putin is more aligned to the Imperial Russians than The Former USSR that's why the Communist Left Wing Government's in Western Europe and The EU  dislike him so much.

Just had to put my 2 cents ruble worth in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

The writing has been on the wall for sometime now even Stevie Wonder could see it.

Come on, let's leave Stevie out of this.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Good point - if Putin invades western Ukraine or Poland, then it will be a massive step up and will be more of a Piric victory.  I think Putin is smart enough to know that.

Given that Putin gets away with this - like Crimea - then I reckon his next move will be to enforce control over what was eastern Ukraine, and work behind the scenes to 'invite' other Regions to also rebel against their pro-NATO leaders - on the understanding that Russia will also step in and 'protect' them with 'peacemaker troops'.  

If you have been following the earlier Ukraine thread, you will know that I blame NATO for this happening (the reasons why detailed there).  What I am saying Putin might do, is exactly what NATO has been doing for over 20 years - working behind the scenes to convince Eastern Europe countries to join NATO and the EU (with promises of riches and safety).  If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

NATO next move is known. Crippling Economic Sanctions on Russia.

NATO will never actually admit Ukraine

NATO opened the door to possible Ukraine admission in 2008 after Putin invaded Georgia. Ukraine just will never qualify….. Putin knows this.

NATO has simply admitted qualified Free Nations bordering and formerly occupied by Russia, who naturally want that protection. Nothing Complex.

NATO will obliterate Putins forces if they enter Poland or Estonia….

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

NATO will obliterate Putins forces if they enter Poland or Estonia

That is a dangerous move.  An enemy is the most dangerous when it believes it has nothing further to lose.  That is why the fear of nuclear escalation is always there with a nuclear power.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

That is a dangerous move.  An enemy is the most dangerous when it believes it has nothing further to lose.  That is why the fear of nuclear escalation is always there with a nuclear power.  

Defending your lands from invasion is “a dangerous move” ? No that would be by the invader wouldn’t it ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, butterfly said:
6 hours ago, AussieBob said:

If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

that's exactly what the anti-Putin keep missing, he had no choice but move quickly because western leaders, and the US in particular, have been acting "sly" and deceitful for other nations to joint their little golf club and therefore increase their worldwide influence.

Because why should Ukrainians be able to decide if they want to join NATO when the journalist jailing, opposition leader murdering, Crimea and Georgia invading, polonium poisoning Vladamir Putin can decide for them.

The sheer amount of stupidity and despot excusing on this thread is mind boggling and disheartening.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Reading the comments here feels like an extension/continuation of this topic:

And there are 2 sides of the fence, each side with their so-called experts accusing the other side of not knowing anything/pro-this or pro-that

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Because why should Ukrainians be able to decide if they want to join NATO when the journalist jailing, opposition leader murdering, Crimea and Georgia invading, polonium poisoning Vladamir Putin can decide for them.

Totally agree stevenkongiu but I  think what a lot of OP's are saying is are Western Leaders any better than Putin? Look at The US over the last 12 months and Canada over the last few weeks for a classic example of an authoritarian regime. 

Can we honestly say there any worse that Putin?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I forget if we are allowed to post youtube videos, but here we go. If the moderator takes it down, I understand.

The Kenyan representative summed up the situation very well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Totally agree stevenkongiu but I  think what a lot of OP's are saying is are Western Leaders any better than Putin? Look at The US over the last 12 months and Canada over the last few weeks for a classic example of an authoritarian regime. 

I'd say invading your neighbors, poisoning political opponents or jailing them, having journalists assassinated and manipulating you own nations constitution to stay in power for 20+ years is a smidge worse that mask mandates and restrictions on business to address a public health concern.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 23RD said:

Can we honestly say there any worse that Putin?.

Seriously ? Yes we CAN say that Putin is a full blown major murdering tyrant  with full confidence whereas certain western “ liberal” leaders have only hopefully temporarily lost their way 😞☹️

11 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

The sheer amount of stupidity and despot excusing on this thread is mind boggling and disheartening.

several outed Putin trolls here saying Russia invading Ukraine is “ a good thing” and “ provoked by western aggression”😡

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Seriously ? Yes we CAN say that Putin is a full blown major murdering tyrant  with full confidence whereas certain western “ liberal” leaders have only hopefully temporarily lost their way 😞☹️

several outed Putin trolls here saying Russia invading Ukraine is “ a good thing” and “ provoked by western aggression”😡

Or people with a different opinion than the western media. Otherwise known as 'media whores'

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Except for the fact the Ukraine is ineligible to become a NATO member as long as Russia sits in Crimea. Since Russia was never leaving, the Ukraine was never joining. The idea the west forced Russia to attack has always be fanciful. 

Indeed. NATO not admitting anyone not in full control of its lands & borders. Ukraine & Georgia whilst western- recognized democracies are just incredibly corrupt, not dissimilar to Russia in fact,excluding their free & fair elections that is. Plus both countries would in any case certainly be vetoed by existing members.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Defending your lands from invasion is “a dangerous move” ? No that would be by the invader wouldn’t it ?

The comment was in response to the notion that Nato forces would destroy the Russians.  That is certainly a possibility however as mentioned there is nothing more dangerous than an opponent who believes they have nothing to lose.  If the Russians were losing you always run the risk they would use nuclear weapons in a desparate attempt to win. 

Look at Japan who employed suicide Kamakaze pilots because they were desperate.  Kamakaze are one thing, a nuclear detonation is an entirely different thing. 

There are no good options left when war breaks out.  The side losing will always be pressed to more desparate measures. 

2 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

The comment was in response to the notion that Nato forces would destroy the Russians.  That is certainly a possibility however as mentioned there is nothing more dangerous than an opponent who believes they have nothing to lose.  If the Russians were losing you always run the risk they would use nuclear weapons in a desparate attempt to win. 

Look at Japan who employed suicide Kamakaze pilots because they were desperate.  Kamakaze are one thing, a nuclear detonation is an entirely different thing. 

There are no good options left when war breaks out.  The side losing will always be pressed to more desparate measures. 

Putin & Xi are ONLY about Power.

They use Nationalism or Ideology to Conceal That & Deceive.

So realizing that is all gone, along with their personal stolen fortunes, and their countries future, if they are so idiotic as to nuke NATO, it clearly isn’t going to happen. 

Saying that the directly invading forces only would be obliterated (whether inside NATO lands or not).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Will Putin stop there, or will he also 'support' other parts of the Baltic countries that are also fighting against being 'sucked into' NATO by their leaders;

The Baltic countries were occupied by Russia in 1940. Russia fought also against Finland.
The Balts don't consider themselves Russians, they even speak another language. Just a immigrated minority speaks Russian. They don't want to be occupied by Russia again.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Good point - if Putin invades western Ukraine or Poland, then it will be a massive step up and will be more of a Piric victory.  I think Putin is smart enough to know that.

Given that Putin gets away with this - like Crimea - then I reckon his next move will be to enforce control over what was eastern Ukraine, and work behind the scenes to 'invite' other Regions to also rebel against their pro-NATO leaders - on the understanding that Russia will also step in and 'protect' them with 'peacemaker troops'.  

If you have been following the earlier Ukraine thread, you will know that I blame NATO for this happening (the reasons why detailed there).  What I am saying Putin might do, is exactly what NATO has been doing for over 20 years - working behind the scenes to convince Eastern Europe countries to join NATO and the EU (with promises of riches and safety).  If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

Polish people hate Russians, since long time. And it goes the other way also. They are nationalistic, and certainly not Russian minded.
For a common history, google what happened in Katyn in 1940. In WWII the Polish fought together with the UK, there were Polish infantrists there and even a Polish squadron in the RAF. None with the Russians.
And as Poland is a NATO member, an attack on Poland by Russia would start a war between all NATO members and Russia.

• Like 1