Jump to content

News Forum - Putin sends ‘peacekeeping’ troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Russian President Vladimir Putin has sent troops to eastern Ukraine, after recognising two breakaway regions as independent entities on Monday. The move against Ukraine’s sovereignty puts the region one step closer to the brink of war, which the West has urgently tried to avoid in recent weeks through diplomatic talks and sanctions threats with Russia. After Putin ordered the defense ministry to send forces to “keep the peace,” tanks and other military equipment were seen rolling into the city of Donetsk, a separatist stronghold in Ukraine’s Donbass region. Speaking with Reuters, an unnamed senior US official cautioned calling the current […]

The story Putin sends ‘peacekeeping’ troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go.  I figured Putin would step in and annex/support Donbass and Donetsk, who have been in a civil war with the NATYO supported Ukraine Govt in western Ukraine. But the big issues are:

1. Will Putin stop there, or will he also 'support' other parts of the Baltic countries that are also fighting against being 'sucked into' NATO by their leaders;

2. Will NATO use military force to support the Ukrainian Army that has been a civil war in both Donbass and Donetsk since 2014 - which of course has now backed down in the face of obliteration by Russia.

I must say - at least Covid wont be the lead story in the media now. The media loves a war - it gives them the ability to stir up the 'fear factor' like they always do.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. I don’t think Putin stops with the breakaway regions. He needs all of the Ukraine in order to keep it from NATO. The real worry is if he goes further than just the Ukraine. The Ukraine doesn’t solve Russia defensive problem, at best it’s just a buffer. The geographic choke points and barriers are the Baltic coast and the polish gap just west of Warsaw. Of course the problem with those are they belong to NATO counties. 
2. I don’t see NATO using direct military force. However they would love to supply enough weapons for the country to turn into a quagmire for Russia. The Russian can take the Ukraine with 200K in troops, but they need more like 2M to pacify and hold it. 
 

spot on 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cabra said:

He's going to try to reestablish the former USSR to it's original boundaries. That's his endgame.

He's putin' in the former boundaries.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The economic fallout will be very real for us all as the supply chain is hit with higher oil prices. That's already started.

Think inflation is bad now? You ain't see nothing yet.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

1. I don’t think Putin stops with the breakaway regions. He needs all of the Ukraine in order to keep it from NATO. The real worry is if he goes further than just the Ukraine. The Ukraine doesn’t solve Russia defensive problem, at best it’s just a buffer. The geographic choke points and barriers are the Baltic coast and the polish gap just west of Warsaw. Of course the problem with those are they belong to NATO counties. 
2. I don’t see NATO using direct military force. However they would love to supply enough weapons for the country to turn into a quagmire for Russia. The Russian can take the Ukraine with 200K in troops, but they need more like 2M to pacify and hold it. 
 

spot on 

Good point - if Putin invades western Ukraine or Poland, then it will be a massive step up and will be more of a Piric victory.  I think Putin is smart enough to know that.

Given that Putin gets away with this - like Crimea - then I reckon his next move will be to enforce control over what was eastern Ukraine, and work behind the scenes to 'invite' other Regions to also rebel against their pro-NATO leaders - on the understanding that Russia will also step in and 'protect' them with 'peacemaker troops'.  

If you have been following the earlier Ukraine thread, you will know that I blame NATO for this happening (the reasons why detailed there).  What I am saying Putin might do, is exactly what NATO has been doing for over 20 years - working behind the scenes to convince Eastern Europe countries to join NATO and the EU (with promises of riches and safety).  If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has sent troops to eastern Ukraine, after recognising two breakaway regions as independent entities on Monday. The move against Ukraine’s sovereignty puts the region one step closer to the brink of war, which the West has urgently tried to avoid in recent weeks through diplomatic talks and sanctions threats with Russia. After Putin ordered the defense ministry to send forces to “keep the peace,” tanks and other military equipment were seen rolling into the city of Donetsk, a separatist stronghold in Ukraine’s Donbass region. Speaking with Reuters, an unnamed senior US official cautioned calling the current […]

The story Putin sends ‘peacekeeping’ troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Invade countries and call it peace keeping troops. It is the same absurd theories like some posters here with zero knowledge about these countries and their history and zero knowledge about Russia. And how dare it is from countries to decide for themself not want to be invaded from Russia and even claim they understand it better. They not respect the decisions of these countries and to rule themself. But the top of it that empty heads even claim they are more clever. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Good point - if Putin invades western Ukraine or Poland, then it will be a massive step up and will be more of a Piric victory.  I think Putin is smart enough to know that.

Given that Putin gets away with this - like Crimea - then I reckon his next move will be to enforce control over what was eastern Ukraine, and work behind the scenes to 'invite' other Regions to also rebel against their pro-NATO leaders - on the understanding that Russia will also step in and 'protect' them with 'peacemaker troops'.  

If you have been following the earlier Ukraine thread, you will know that I blame NATO for this happening (the reasons why detailed there).  What I am saying Putin might do, is exactly what NATO has been doing for over 20 years - working behind the scenes to convince Eastern Europe countries to join NATO and the EU (with promises of riches and safety).  If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

If he attack he Poland or Estonia  he is in war with whole Europe and Nato. That means world war.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is nothing new Vladimir Putin takes a chunk of Ukraine everytime a Weak Democrat Administration is in power.

It's even easier this time as Joe, Hunter and Frank are so compromised by the Pro Russian Ukrainians as well as The Russian Government themselves.

The writing has been on the wall for sometime now even Stevie Wonder could see it.

The only unanswered question is how much will Anthony Blinken offer them to  go firm in just the 2 x Pro Russian regions of The Ukraine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He wants to be the guy who restores the Russian Empire and have another title as Czar. The UN needs to go in now sending their own peace keeper troops and create a stalemate. Otherwise it is a lost cause. Not to go off topic, but next to follow will be the CCP on Taiwan and then the entire South Sea and then as we know it the world has changed forever. So stop Putin now or all else more than likely everything we are curretnly seeing pushed for by Putin and the CCP will spiral negatively worse very fast..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

The UN needs to go in now sending their own peace keeper troops and create a stalemate.

There's no chance of that happening, if only because it would be vetoed by the Security Council.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stonker said:

There's no chance of that happening, if only because it would be vetoed by the Security Council.

Let's wait and see before making assumptions, but I tend to side on your statement as the UN having a toothless bite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Fester said:

As far as I can see, Russia has recognized both Donetsk and Luhansk as independent but has not yet actually sent in any troops.

Russian artillery and tanks have moved in already. Photos and videos are trending on social media.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

He wants to be the guy who restores the Russian Empire and have another title as Czar.

Excellent observation HCC Bud Vladimir Putin is more aligned to the Imperial Russians than The Former USSR that's why the Communist Left Wing Government's in Western Europe and The EU  dislike him so much.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Russian artillery and tanks have moved in already. Photos and videos are trending on social media.

Social media - right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Let's wait and see before making assumptions, but I tend to side on your statement as the UN having a toothless bite.

I think it's a pretty fair assumption that Russia would veto any such move 😂.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Good point - if Putin invades western Ukraine or Poland, then it will be a massive step up and will be more of a Piric victory.  I think Putin is smart enough to know that.

Given that Putin gets away with this - like Crimea - then I reckon his next move will be to enforce control over what was eastern Ukraine, and work behind the scenes to 'invite' other Regions to also rebel against their pro-NATO leaders - on the understanding that Russia will also step in and 'protect' them with 'peacemaker troops'.  

If you have been following the earlier Ukraine thread, you will know that I blame NATO for this happening (the reasons why detailed there).  What I am saying Putin might do, is exactly what NATO has been doing for over 20 years - working behind the scenes to convince Eastern Europe countries to join NATO and the EU (with promises of riches and safety).  If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

NATO, Europe & USA will probably do what they did back in 2014 when Crimea was annexed:

Watching, watching, watching...

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

  • Like 4
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Fester said:

Social media - right.

It's 2022. That's how fast breaking images appear nowadays on the ground before they get distributed by media outlets, who are slower moving.

But here you go, here's a social media image reposted by a newspaper
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/02/22/russia-invasion-ukraine-war-putin-crisis-latest-news2/

Although feel free to see the same thing in the Times, Sky News, or any number of news outlets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I must say - at least Covid wont be the lead story in the media now. The media loves a war - it gives them the ability to stir up the 'fear factor' like they always do.  

amen to that, "fear" is a good product and always sell 😛

Edited by butterfly
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

It's 2022. That's how fast breaking images appear nowadays on the ground before they get distributed by media outlets, who are slower moving.

But here you go, here's a social media image reposted by a newspaper
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/02/22/russia-invasion-ukraine-war-putin-crisis-latest-news2/

Although feel free to see the same thing in the Times, Sky News, or any number of news outlets.

A blurred image that could be anything...anywhere...thanks.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

If Putin has waited much longer, Ukraine would have signed with NATO, and this action would have compelled NATO to respond with military force. Putin got in before that NATO agreement was put in place.   Your move NATO, Europe and USA.  

that's exactly what the anti-Putin keep missing, he had no choice but move quickly because western leaders, and the US in particular, have been acting "sly" and deceitful for other nations to joint their little golf club and therefore increase their worldwide influence.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Texas couple becomes siblings post-marriage due to parents’ subsequent union

    2. 14

      X users threaten to leave the platform after Elon Musk reinstates Alex Jones

    3. 14

      X users threaten to leave the platform after Elon Musk reinstates Alex Jones

    4. 14

      X users threaten to leave the platform after Elon Musk reinstates Alex Jones

    5. 5

      News Forum - Hot coffee spill burns passenger on Thai Airways flight

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use