News Forum - Thai tourism industry demands Covid restrictions to be lifted, PM urges caution

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I am assuming the number of casesin Thailand are understated.

I do not know of a single Thai who has taken a test at home, I know many here (UK) personally who have taken many tests at home including my sofa. 

I'm not talking about home tests or crap like that I'm talking about people that are known to be infected taking into government operated quarantine because they are known to be infected that are then intentionally not tested so that they can then not report them to keep their numbers low. It's not the same things as somebody using or not using an AK at home. 

• Like 1

Today in the UK, we have been told that a hard working great grandmother of 95 years, has contracted Covid19 (Omicron). We have also been told that the lady displays minor cold like symptoms and will rest up for a few days. It is expected according to impeccable sources, that this 95 year old great grandmother will be undertaking light duties in several days time!I refer to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

Time to drop all the hysteria over this. If a 95 year old is expected to be back at work in a few days to a week, the rest of the world should get a grip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Naanlaew said:

Perhaps when she recovers, she can make a royal proclamation that she is done with covid and let's all get back with the program eh ?

When she returns to work, it will show what many professionals around the world are saying which is, Omicron is the best vaccine we didn't make. If a 95 year old can deal with it and survive, then much younger people can too. The Thai government should take note, and not be so head up arse. No Royal proclamation required, certainly not from a Royal House, of note.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Today in the UK, we have been told that a hard working great grandmother of 95 years, has contracted Covid19 (Omicron). We have also been told that the lady displays minor cold like symptoms and will rest up for a few days. It is expected according to impeccable sources, that this 95 year old great grandmother will be undertaking light duties in several days time!I refer to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

Time to drop all the hysteria over this. If a 95 year old is expected to be back at work in a few days to a week, the rest of the world should get a grip.

tell that to Fauci

9 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Well said, enough with all the BS.

And I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees worrying about something that may not happen and is completely out of our control. Time to move on.

16 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

The numbers in the Philippines are all fake see my previous post 

If you have any other reliable data compared to the official data of the government, you are free to share it, otherwise, you're just talking to your ass.

Here is the cumulative Covid-19 dates per 1million people, considering that the Philippines had a worse healthcare than Malaysia and Thailand, the 501.45 deaths per 1m , thankfully is not worse than other developed country.

image.thumb.png.1303df083cdf0d5d6b9d33db485e3a34.png

Here the total cases per 1m people, compared to others Philippine is not doing bad.

image.thumb.png.e4953d1c2fc5aca91bf64806ec400f14.png

When will the authorities admit that Omicron is already here and its not generally the tourists bringing it with them. They have just tested negative to 2 PCR tests in a few days and then after 5 days bingo, they test positive. Imagine if it was possible to test the entire Thai population in 5 days, the authorities would have heart failure at the percentage of people that test positive!! I believe get the virus, get over it and get on with life!!!

On 2/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, LoongFred said:

With 19k infections in 24 hours there is no way they will lower or stop the restrictions

And that's the truth.

• Thanks 1