News Forum - Test and Go might extend to land and sea tourists, cruise ships

Thaiger

Thai officials are considering letting tourists use Test & Go to enter Thailand through land and sea, if they follow the same rules as those travelling by air. Last week, the Covid-19 Situation Administration Centre considered a proposal to accept tourists entering Thailand through the Nong Khai border checkpoint in the Northeast, and tourists on sea cruises. The CCSA told its operation centre to discuss the proposal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other agencies. The scheme will start by allowing tour groups travelling from Laos through the First Friendship Bridge. The bridge spans over the Mekong, and connects […]

The story Test and Go might extend to land and sea tourists, cruise ships as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The current situation is too much in flux for those on a cruise ship with their various agendas and mostly short stays. Test and Go is too much work, cost and risk for someone popping off a ship for a few days. I know I wouldn’t risk it for only one of my stops. 

• Like 4

Because they not get the numbers in that TAT promise with the % that will be positive the business plan they make to lock people up for great costs are not meet so they need more source   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

air

land and sea

Sounds like everyone could be in the same boat then as far as hoop jumping goes .. 

• Haha 1

I can't imagine being on a cruise and going through any of the Thai requirements. I've seen plenty of cruise ships anchor in Patong. I just can't imagine anyone taking the time to fill in the Thailand Pass, just to step ashore for a day or two. I've only gone to the trouble of the Thailand Pass for three weeks in Phuket. So if the Thai Government hopes to encourage cruise ship passengers to come ashore and spend money, there needs to be a simple Day Pass system. The passengers are fully vaccinated. They have to be to board the ship. The chances of them starting an outbreak are so small. So keep it simple and they might consider it. Remember that most of what you are offering is onboard the ship already. Offer a tour package with bus and a few highlights and you might just have a money spinner.....

• Like 1

Thai officials are considering letting tourists use Test & Go to enter Thailand through land and sea, if they follow the same rules as those travelling by air. Last week, the Covid-19 Situation Administration Centre considered a proposal to accept tourists entering Thailand through the Nong Khai border checkpoint in the Northeast, and tourists on sea cruises. The CCSA told its operation centre to discuss the proposal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other agencies. The scheme will start by allowing tour groups travelling from Laos through the First Friendship Bridge. The bridge spans over the Mekong, and connects […]

The story Test and Go might extend to land and sea tourists, cruise ships as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ca ching Ca ching  !  covid revenue rape schemes alert ! Imop

Having just gone through the process, in fact sitting in my day 5 (test number three, second test since arrival) hotel right now as I write this, this entire experience getting here has been a nightmare. And so far (still waiting for my results) I haven't even popped positive. If I had popped positive before getting on the plane or on arrival, the entire trip would have been crushed. I only did it because I am going to be here for three months. The average tourist or someone popping over for a few weeks on a tour or a stop over from a cruise ship would be a fool to even attempt it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Read the full story

This sounds like gambling , I guess it is better to stay on the boat instead of seeing the backside of the cruiseship from the hospital window.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Having just gone through the process, in fact sitting in my day 5 (test number three, second test since arrival) hotel right now as I write this, this entire experience getting here has been a nightmare. And so far (still waiting for my results) I haven't even popped positive. If I had popped positive before getting on the plane or on arrival, the entire trip would have been crushed. I only did it because I am going to be here for three months. The average tourist or someone popping over for a few weeks on a tour or a stop over from a cruise ship would be a fool to even attempt it. 

Good luck with the test and the rest of your 3 months!

I totally agree with your last statement!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I guess it is better to stay on the boat instead of seeing the backside of the cruiseship from the hospital window.

If I understand it correctly, you would get tested on the ship, wait in your cabin. If you test positive you're not even allowed to come ashore. I guess you'd be isolated in your cabin and recover on board unless the onboard medical facilities can't handle the situation.

Not sure how they'd arrange for the samples to get to a lab. I guess they'd have dock overnight in Thailand.

As to the Thailand Pass, staff on the ship should have all the information needed to arrange it for their passengers.

Just got a txt from a old mate of mine called 'Jack Sparrow'. He has an old timber ship with a motley crew on board and he applied for the 'test and go' and was denied entry???

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I went through virtually the same process, except I didn’t need to stay in a hotel for my day 5 results. I’m planning on being here until May or June and there is no way I would have gone through it all for a 2 to 3 week holiday. 

None of this is at all necessary now. Omicron is the dominant strain. Covid is across the entire country and foreigners are contributing next to nothing to the problem. Vaccination rates may not be as good as in some countries, but a combination of natural immunity and vaccinations means numbers will stay low. There are almost three times as many people dying in the roads each day compared to Covid. The whole set up here in Thailand is now a major over reaction and yet it’s hard to see them stopping with the nonsense any time soon. I fear Thailand will be pretty much as it is now come August or September. They may drop the 5th day test or modify it somehow, but Thailand will be one of the last places to remove all restrictions. The next high season will also be a washout compared to how it could be. 

• Like 5

What happens if you disembark and then test positive? Can you go back on the ship, or are you charged to be quarantined somewhere? How many cycles will they run for the PCR test? I read an article where a doctor was talking about one of his patients still testing  positive after a bad bout of Covid 130 days later. They have been saying for ages that 9 out of 10 people testing positive haven’t enough virus in them to infect anyone else. I also thought the consensus was now that the PCR test wasn’t very good at testing for the omicron variant

4 hours ago, Jason said:

... just to step ashore for a day or two ...

They'd have to step ashore for at least five or six days.

I don't see how that's possible for a cruise liner.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

I fear Thailand will be pretty much as it is now come August or September

Seeing the steady death tolls and hospital cases in countries that have removed restrictions prematurely, and that the majority of the population still haven't had two effective (mRNA) jabs, let alone three, let's hope so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bart said:

If I understand it correctly, you would get tested on the ship, wait in your cabin. If you test positive you're not even allowed to come ashore. I guess you'd be isolated in your cabin and recover on board unless the onboard medical facilities can't handle the situation.

Not sure how they'd arrange for the samples to get to a lab. I guess they'd have dock overnight in Thailand.

As to the Thailand Pass, staff on the ship should have all the information needed to arrange it for their passengers.

Normaly cruiseships enter a port in the morning, landing their passengers between 0900 and 1030, after breakfast.
Everybody on board around 1700 for departure 1800-1830 and proceed to the next port (the next morning).
If passengers have to wait in their cabin till the result is known, not many will go ashore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

Normaly cruiseships enter a port in the morning, landing their passengers between 0900 and 1030, after breakfast.
Everybody on board around 1700 for departure 1800-1830 and proceed to the next port (the next morning).
If passengers have to wait in their cabin till the result is known, not many will go ashore.

I went on one cruise 

Kind of hated it....

My friend said it best about stopping I'm port's and having set times to go out

He said it felt like he was going to work  😀

11 hours ago, riclag said:

Good luck with the test and the rest of your 3 months!

I totally agree with your last statement!

3rd test negative. I suppose I am free now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Nothing to worry if you have to stay in Thailand for 3 months, the only problem is they'll send you to hospital via ambulance if popped positive & have to pay upfront of at least B100K even for asymptomatic. Did you even try to go out between Day 2-Day 4? Or did you just self quarantine until Day 5? Congrats at least you made it through.

12 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Nothing to worry if you have to stay in Thailand for 3 months, the only problem is they'll send you to hospital via ambulance if popped positive & have to pay upfront of at least B100K even for asymptomatic. Did you even try to go out between Day 2-Day 4? Or did you just self quarantine until Day 5? Congrats at least you made it through.

I went everywhere. My Thai wife met me after day one and I have not restricted my travels for the 5 days here in Bangkok. I prepared for the worst. I have a comprehensive full coverage insurance, and I am a Critical Care Paramedic who has been working the so called "frontlines" of the so called pandemic. In other words, I have no fear about any of this... because I fully and truly understand all of it and I am fully prepared for all contingencies. Insurance policy attached if your next question is about that. 

Trawick Letter Redacted.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen that all your COVID coverages already last week, thanks for the info..I'll get Trawick in the foreseeable future if they don't get rid off that Day 1 and Day 5 PCR test on quarantine. The only concern is if I pop positive for covid while asymptomatic, mild symptoms or not sick at all. Do I have to pay upfront at the hospital? then reimburse you when submit the claim or does trawick takes care of all and pay the hospital? 

Test and Go might extend to land and sea tourists, cruise ships

Good luck with that: Latest cruises still had lots of "positive people" on board. What are they going to do, if some testing positive? Let the others get on land? 

Star Trek What GIF