News Forum - Thailand News Today | Tourism sector calls for full reopening in March

Thaiger

Tourism operators have written an open letter to PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and other government officials, calling for the country to be fully re-opened to foreign visitors from March. In the letter, the groups say they want all entry restrictions ditched, including the Thailand Pass and PCR testing on arrival, and want Covid declared endemic. They point to several other countries, including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and the UK, where nearly all Covid restrictions have been cancelled and the virus declared endemic. It says Thailand needs to further relax Covid-19 restrictions for tourists now, or else it may lose the ability to […]

The story Thailand News Today | Tourism sector calls for full reopening in March as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hope Thailand has a poor result! Do away with the covid revenue schemes and I will become a cheerleader for the cabal here. Until then som nam na!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

If they are ever serious about opening up in April then they must act now with their intentions. People won't wait until the last minute, as they will need to book holidays for April now.

• Like 7

There's a game called 'twister' Google it. Getting into Thailand as a tourist is as complicated and frustrating as the game!

Consider the Philippines/Vietnam/Bali as your alternate travel destinations. No one wants to waste thier time and efforts on Thailand's complicated entry requirements. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burapha said:

If they are ever serious about opening up in April then they must act now with their intentions. People won't wait until the last minute, as they will need to book holidays for April now.

Agreed. I would love to come to Thailand in April, but not under the test and go (to the hospital) plan. Right now I'm looking at Europe. I'm holding off booking in hopes of Thailand changing, but can't continue to wait for more than another 2-3 weeks max. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Tourism operators have written an open letter to PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and other government officials, calling for the country to be fully re-opened to foreign visitors from March. In the letter, the groups say they want all entry restrictions ditched, including the Thailand Pass and PCR testing on arrival, and want Covid declared endemic. They point to several other countries, including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and the UK, where nearly all Covid restrictions have been cancelled and the virus declared endemic. It says Thailand needs to further relax Covid-19 restrictions for tourists now, or else it may lose the ability to […]

The story Thailand News Today | Tourism sector calls for full reopening in March as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The government has now no more excuses for not knowing what the situation is and how to remedy it.

The million dollar question is: are they willing to listen and to act accordingly?

To get a bit of the Easter business there is not much time to lose as hardly anyone is booking such a trip on a last minute basis. Or they decide to sit on their hands and focus on the next winter season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fundok said:

The government has now no more excuses for not knowing what the situation is and how to remedy it.

The million dollar question is: are they willing to listen and to act accordingly?

To get a bit of the Easter business there is not much time to lose as hardly anyone is booking such a trip on a last minute basis. Or they decide to sit on their hands and focus on the next winter season.

As soon as they give the go ahead I will book, but I need to give work four weeks notice and i cant book holidays until im sure of the situation, and that's cutting it fine for me, if they wanted to open for Songkran for instance. Leave it any longer I will miss out, then it's the rainy season, I'm unsure I would go at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sandbar said:

There's a game called 'twister' Google it. Getting into Thailand as a tourist is as complicated and frustrating as the game!

Consider the Philippines/Vietnam/Bali as your alternate travel destinations. No one wants to waste thier time and efforts on Thailand's complicated entry requirements. 

Canceled my tickets for Bangkok yesterday and rebooked for Philippines in April

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, totes said:

same here - See you in the Philippines! 

I love the Philippines, I love Thailand also I’ll be back but not until they square all this bullshit away

Edited by Ksmui
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Burapha said:

As soon as they give the go ahead I will book, but I need to give work four weeks notice and i cant book holidays until im sure of the situation, and that's cutting it fine for me, if they wanted to open for Songkran for instance. Leave it any longer I will miss out, then it's the rainy season, I'm unsure I would go at that time.

Same for me. Plan to go end April.  But I did a "full flex" fare and in my company we are pretty flexible with holidays. So if Thailand hasn't come to grips I'll postpone. But not everyone has the privilege of this sort of flexibility.

• Like 1

and i love the b/s statement about  16,000  tourtist have dropped 32 million baht just to get easy pass and work permit to thailand. who falls for this b/s besides chanachot??? do you know thats  one million usd?$1,000,000. thats enough to live  the rest of your life in usa with no work!!! and they think some guy with a million  bucks is just chomping at the bit to  put it in a thai bank and come and get a job in thailand!!!!thats about as out of touch  with the real sane world as you can get!!!wake up to the b/s scams!!stay away until insurance grab and test are dropped!!