News Forum - UK pedicab driver adopts tuk tuk tactics, forced to return money to cheated passengers

Thaiger

A pedicab driver in London who swindled two female passengers out of 180 pounds has been forced to return the money, after the Westminster City Council requested a crackdown on the city’s bicycle rickshaw “nuisance.” The driver originally charged 18 pounds for a 3 minutes trip, but then increased the price by a factor of 10 at the last minute, adding a zero at the end, the women reported. For expats in Thailand, it sounds like a page cut from the Thailand tuk tuk playbook. Fortunately, local police tracked down the driver and made him return the ill-gotten cash during […]

The story UK pedicab driver adopts tuk tuk tactics, forced to return money to cheated passengers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

.” The driver originally charged 18 pounds for a 3 minutes trip, but then increased the price by a factor of 10 at the last minute, adding a zero at the end

Amateur .. Thai tuk tuk's can skank you for more than that .. he needs a mth in Thailand to learn the trade proper .. 

• Haha 2

I was quite surprised on my recent trip to Phuket, how little gouging I experienced by cabs. The golden rule of course, is to ask the fare first.

Most days, I was taking 2 cabs a day, usually Bangla Rd to Otop, or vice versa. As best as I could work out, the minimum fare was 200THB and most of my trips were minimum fare.

On one occasion, someone tried to charge 300. I walked away, as is my practice whenever I think I am being cheated. I have also done this frequently in Pattaya, and also Soi Cowboy. What never fails to amaze is the number of times I've walked away, and the driver has shouted to me or followed me a few yards calling out to me, "How much you want to pay"? as if I should ignore his attempt to cheat me.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A pedicab driver in London who swindled two female passengers out of 180 pounds has been forced to return the money, after the Westminster City Council requested a crackdown on the city’s bicycle rickshaw “nuisance.” The driver originally charged 18 pounds for a 3 minutes trip, but then increased the price by a factor of 10 at the last minute, adding a zero at the end, the women reported. For expats in Thailand, it sounds like a page cut from the Thailand tuk tuk playbook. Fortunately, local police tracked down the driver and made him return the ill-gotten cash during […]

The story UK pedicab driver adopts tuk tuk tactics, forced to return money to cheated passengers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Should round them all up and crush their rickshaws, unfortunately London looks like a Third World country, they call it Cultural enrichment! ☹

16 hours ago, steve860 said:

Should round them all up and crush their rickshaws, unfortunately London looks like a Third World country, they call it Cultural enrichment! ☹

Shame to a first world country

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Shame to a first world country

Shame to the scammer, nothing to do with the country........quite possibly east European.

Don't confuse the endemic corruption of a country like Thailand with a country in the Western world.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

He certainly looks like he was born in the UK and has a long family ancestry history there.

So you think that's the guy in the picture rolling a fag is the scammer?