Why Doesn't Thai Immigration Go Online?

Bangkok

If you look at the process in countries like Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, it's much more convenient to apply for visas online but Thailand don't like this. Why?

Also, why doesn't Thailand offer a long term pass for Marriage visas like other countries? Seems they want a annual payment and to check up on foreigners every 3 months because they don't trust us. Countries like Singapore offer 5 year passes for spouses without the need to report every 90 days.

There's just no improvement in the Thai visa system and it treats foreigners more like paying customers.

I also find any online system they develop isn't reliable like the 90 day reporting. Maybe they don't have competent web developers to code the system properly. Using Google forms is amateurish for a government.

4 hours ago, Bangkok said:

If you look at the process in countries like Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, it's much more convenient to apply for visas online but Thailand don't like this. Why?

Also, why doesn't Thailand offer a long term pass for Marriage visas like other countries? Seems they want a annual payment and to check up on foreigners every 3 months because they don't trust us. Countries like Singapore offer 5 year passes for spouses without the need to report every 90 days.

There's just no improvement in the Thai visa system and it treats foreigners more like paying customers.

I also find any online system they develop isn't reliable like the 90 day reporting. Maybe they don't have competent web developers to code the system properly. Using Google forms is amateurish for a government.

Unlike western countries, which effectively have no internal immigration control, such activity here  is a for- profit business.
What other country issues “ visas” internally ? Or has a written rule that all rules may be waived ? nonsensical  Imm “Rules” intended to drive frustrated humiliated foreigners to Visa Agents for increased Profit. a farce. There are no “rules” only money.😂 Clear Now why Imm here doesn’t go fully online ? ! 😎

11 hours ago, Bangkok said:

You answered your own questions.

They have cobbled the rules together for one reason - to make more money out of long term tourists.

The Thai Govt has never developed a decent IT system - just look at Thailand Pass and the on-line 90 Day Reporting 'systems' just to name 2.  

• Like 2

Data security is a big concern with online visa applications and I have almost no confidence in Thai Immigation's ability to keep the data secure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

Data security is a big concern with online visa applications and I have almost no confidence in Thai Immigation's ability to keep the data secure.

I do not trust the Thai IT systems with my personal records - bad enough that they have my name and Passport numbers from previous visits - if/when they ever ask for banking or financial details for a Visa I will never return.  In 2019 a developer working at Alibaba a got the personal and financial records of millions of customers - luckily the info was not sold on the black market - they got 3 years in jail when caught. It is a massive growth industry - are you also getting fake calls from Banks, Amazon, EBay etc etc? The industry is growing big time and more breaches are being used to steal personal and financial information.  Remember in September 2021 when the details of 106 million visitors to Thailand was accessible to anyone on the net?  I will never trust Thai IT systems that are associated with any Government organisation - the banks seem OK - fingers crossed 🤞

Thailand's cybersecurity negligence causes personal data breaches - Nikkei Asia

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Technology/Thailand-s-cybersecurity-negligence-causes-personal-data-breaches

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bangkok said:

It is because Thai immigration has shares in printing A4 Paper, Photocopier toner, and printer ink. Just imagine their losses if the went fully online. 

• Haha 1