Has anyone experienced this?

Lyp14 [ctxa]

2 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Don't they stick thermometers up your arse? They did in those Carry On films, Oh Matron!

I thought you had to pay extra for that?

• Haha 2

I believe rhese sort of anomalies are purely inaccurate devices, in this case, the thermometer.

I take meds for slightly elevated bood pressure. I have professional OMRON machine and every day I come out around the same reading about 120/80.

Every time I have a hospital check up, white coat syndrome can push it up to 170/90 which is just plain wrong. At the vax stations in the past months they made me sit for ages to get a reading they would acccept.

I have diet controlled type 2 diabetes. My monitor shows me every day a fasting glucose level of 100 or less (I dont eat after 4 PM) but at every check up in several labs and hospitals, it can be as high as 140. I just shake my head. I doubt my meter could be constanly low for 2 years but i've tested after many foods to check the effect and it's consitent with expected high sugar, so I reckon the hospitals meter is off. It makes me wonder how useful a raft of blood tests actuallyy is if they have a large margin of error.

In both case my kit is more professional and newer than some of the ones they've use in private hospitals. I'd tell you the brand they used but I don't read Chinese.

And now if I go for a checkup, which I had planned to do soon, I have to take a PCR test?

No way.

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Every time I have a hospital check up, white coat syndrome can push it up to 170/90 which is just plain wrong. At the vax stations in the past months they made me sit for ages to get a reading they would acccept.

Just looking at those Arm machines they have makes my BP go up.

Several times, when I've had a reading above the normal standard, they just say: "It's good"

I have also seen a mercury column used, without a stethoscope...

Note from Moderator

Hi all, Thread was temporarily locked whilst thread was reviewed.

Please take note that discussing medication dosage can present issues because of the potential risks and members should be cautious doing so.

Thanks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Just looking at those Arm machines they have makes my BP go up.

It used to happen to me that every time I went to hospital and they checked, my BP was rather high (150/90 or so). But I knew this was not the case at home, so I never really paid much attention to it.. I just thought it was me getting nervous because of the pressure the machine makes on my arm or something alike... 

That is until one day, a rather old nurse, replaced the machine's cuff with a larger that fitted my arm much better, and that day I got a normal BP reading... and ever since I always ask the nurses to replace the cuff with the larger one for me, never again have I had that issue when checking my BP at the hospital. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

It used to happen to me that every time I went to hospital and they checked, my BP was rather high (150/90 or so). But I knew this was not the case at home, so I never really paid much attention to it.. I just thought it was me getting nervous because of the pressure the machine makes on my arm or something alike... 

That is until one day, a rather old nurse, replaced the machine's cuff with a larger that fitted my arm much better, and that day I got a normal BP reading... and ever since I always ask the nurses to replace the cuff with the larger one for me, never again have I had that issue when checking my BP at the hospital. 

Yes, cuff size & placement is of great importance, & if these aren't correct, the measurements are inaccurate.