90 MPH Storms To Hit UK...🍃

Faraday

Couldn't they thought of a better name than Storm Dudley, is the epicentre in West Bromwich or Wolverhampton or any where else in the West Midlands.

The Americans have the likes of Katrina, Christobol, Gert and we have Dudley. 😲

• Haha 4

I take everything back what I said about 'Storm Dudley' my daughter has just messaged me saying she is concerned about the caravan on her drive, and she doesn't own a caravan.

• Haha 6

On 2/16/2022 at 4:11 PM, Marble-eye said:

Couldn't they thought of a better name than Storm Dudley, is the epicentre in West Bromwich or Wolverhampton or any where else in the West Midlands.

The Americans have the likes of Katrina, Christobol, Gert and we have Dudley. 😲

Oy, I'll have you know my dad was born and bred in Dudley.
I could never tell a word he said to me.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: 🤣
source:  https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-storm-centre/index 

• Haha 1

Been watching Sky news (UK) and they keep going on about record breaking wind speeds from storm EUnice. (see what I did there Transam 😛).

Apparently its was recorded at 122 mph.

Obviously no-one at Sky has google. The highest recorded wind speed in the UK is 173 mph.

Of course small matters like it happening in Scotland pale in comparison to a tree getting blown over in the southeast. 

A wheelie bin that tried to land at the local waste disposal facility due to Storm Useless had to abort the landing three times and had the same number of turnarounds before successfully landing at the local council yard.

Rats in the bin said later it was a quite frightening experience.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Been watching Sky news (UK) and they keep going on about record breaking wind speeds from storm EUnice. (see what I did there Transam 😛).

Apparently its was recorded at 122 mph.

Obviously no-one at Sky has google. The highest recorded wind speed in the UK is 173 mph.

Of course small matters like it happening in Scotland pale in comparison to a tree getting blown over in the southeast. 

Sky news are reporting "Record breaking winds in England" , Scotland is not part of England 

10 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Sky news are reporting "Record breaking winds in England" , Scotland is not part of England 

Have they changed it?

I suspect someone emailed them and told them to use google.

*Rude word removed*

Edited by Faraday
Used bad language

14 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

A wheelie bin that tried to land at the local waste disposal facility due to Storm Useless had to abort the landing three times and had the same number of turnarounds before successfully landing at the local council yard.

Rats in the bin said later it was a quite frightening experience.

Better than Harry Potter

• Haha 1