Jump to content

News Forum - Interpol Red Notices issued for 2 Canadians wanted for Phuket hit job


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Interpol has issued Red Notices for both suspects wanted in the targeted killing of an Indian national in Phuket. Alleged gang member Jimi “Slice” Sandhu was gunned down in the car park of his villa near Rawai beach on the evening of February 4. Police are searching for 2 ex-servicemen from Canada in relation to the killing, believed to be a targeted hit in a dispute between criminal gangs. According to a Thai PBS World report, Interpol has issued the Red Notices to all 195 member countries, including Thailand. The notices carry warnings for police in all countries to be […]

The story Interpol Red Notices issued for 2 Canadians wanted for Phuket hit job as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interpol has issued Red Notices for both suspects wanted in the targeted killing of an Indian national in Phuket

So, now we knowing that the Thai police/government is be able, to involve Interpol.  Still, for Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya is no red notice to find!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Interpol has issued Red Notices for both suspects wanted in the targeted killing of an Indian national in Phuket

So, now we knowing that the Thai police/government is be able, to involve Interpol.  Still, for Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya is no red notice to find!

 

INTERPOL cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a Red Notice.

Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests.

And big part of this is the weight given to the red notice by a country ….. the lower down the list on the corruption scale I bet less weight given. 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

INTERPOL cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a Red Notice.

Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests.

And big part of this is the weight given to the red notice by a country ….. the lower down the list on the corruption scale I bet less weight given. 

And all of that starts with the weight in the country, the crime did happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

INTERPOL cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a Red Notice.

Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests.

And big part of this is the weight given to the red notice by a country ….. the lower down the list on the corruption scale I bet less weight given. 

I'll take that bet.  I have no doubt Canada is looking very hard for these guys.  I suspect they will find them fairly soon if they are anywhere in the country.

Edited by samiam123
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

I have no doubt Canada is looking very hard for these guys.  I suspect they will find them fairly soon if they are anywhere in the country.

I’m sure they will to. 

6CC693FA-73BD-43E7-8F66-B395CDE80BFC.webp

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

I stand corrected!

 Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Even more embarrassing, since I remember to have read about it. Interpol, passport taken, they have no clue how to find him now.

Sorry

No apology necessary at all, although it's a very pleasant change from how some respond here.

TBH, their safest course of action may be to get back to Canada as soon as they can.

If found in other countries along the way they could well end up being extradited to Thailand, while in Canada there's little chance of that due to Thailand's death penalty so whatever the evidence or case is against them wouldn't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

The links are all from articles a year or so ago.

The reason I mention it is that I was under the impression later on there was some claim the Red Notice had mysteriously been withdrawn?

It's a straight question, as I'm not a hundred percent certain about it. I'm sure someone will put me right,

The notice was first applied in 2017:

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/2110778/interpol-makes-fugitive-red-bull-heirs-wanted-notice-public

It was then withdrawn in 2018:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/red-bull-scion-notice-disappears-from-interpol-website-66356.php

It was then re-applied, only to be withdrawn again in July 2020:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-redbull-idUSKCN24O2PW

It was then re-issued on 4 October 2020 at 0400 GMT, which is what the links I gave before refer to:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/5/interpol-issues-red-notice-for-thai-red-bull-heir

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/01/05/cops-say-no-country-responds-to-boss-red-bull-extradition-bid/

That red notice was still reported as in force at the end of last year:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/oag-confirms-indictment-of-red-bull-scion-based-on-new-evidence-80836.php

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2222331/cops-quell-latest-speculation-that-boss-is-in-austria

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stonker said:

No apology necessary at all, although it's a very pleasant change from how some respond here.

TBH, their safest course of action may be to get back to Canada as soon as they can.

If found in other countries along the way they could well end up being extradited to Thailand, while in Canada there's little chance of that due to Thailand's death penalty so whatever the evidence or case is against them wouldn't matter.

That didnt stop the extradition of that English guy back to Thailand, some years ago now, I've just realised it was in the same area Rawai, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That didnt stop the extradition of that English guy back to Thailand, some years ago now, I've just realised it was in the same area Rawai, 

If we're talking about the same case, that was the first time in 101 years, and he also pled guilty and the maximum sentence was 25 years (which he got):

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/02/british-man-extradited-thailand-death

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514830/British-kickboxer-jailed-stabbing-US-marine-death-Thailand.html

In Canada it's been set by precedent, not allowing Canadian citizens to be extradited to countries with the death penalty :

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/canada-bars-death-penalty-extradition-to-us-1.374597

https://theconversation.com/is-canada-helping-other-countries-kill-people-142257

https://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1308&context=cilj

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Same case 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

OK, thanks for all the info regarding the timeline.

Being cynical about it, I feel those higher up getting their share would want it to be withdrawn. So it's still in force at the moment, even though I think the statute of limitations is running out to prosecute the guy.

At a guess, I would think it would in reality come down to an individual monitoring him and then calling the police when they have him in their sights.
After all, the press have been able to spot him and take photos of him at F1 events, even knowing where he often lives.
 

  • Cool 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

OK, thanks for all the info regarding the timeline.

Being cynical about it, I feel those higher up getting their share would want it to be withdrawn. So it's still in force at the moment, even though I think the statute of limitations is running out to prosecute the guy.

At a guess, I would think it would in reality come down to an individual monitoring him and then calling the police when they have him in their sights.
After all, the press have been able to spot him and take photos of him at F1 events, even knowing where he often lives.
 

I'm sure they would, and any "share" is likely to be pretty large, but as I've said elsewhere before I think Interpol and the Thai police would have to be openly deliberately stupid to say 'we know where he is, we've got him' before he's actually arrested, just as they would have to be even more stupid to name all the possible charges with their statutes of limitations when there's a possibility that he could return thinking the statutes had run out when there were options still available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    2. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    3. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    5. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use