400,000 baht for Marriage Visa

Bangkok

17 hours ago, Bangkok said:

Finishes next week. I topped it up last week. I have never had a 60 day extension. Maybe i can get a 60 day extension and then renew or a 30 day extension and convert that to a 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa and then apply for a marriage visa. I have converted a 30 day tourist visa to a 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa before. I forget the number but i think it's a TM86? Anyone know?

Do let us know how you get on at Immigration.

10 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Keeping the 405K in a separate bank account and not using it for daily expenditures is a good strategy - in fact I would use a separate banks. The +5K is for bank charges etc. - I know a bloke whose balance was taken under 400K when his bank issued him a new ATM card and they withdrew 300Baht 'fee' and he was denied extension - he went through the out/in and tourist visa and conversion/extension. What a joke - he has lived in Thailand over 10 years and has kids etc.

Question please - How long after the extension is granted does the 400K have to remain in the bank account. Some say you can use those funds after 2 months and some say it is 3 months and some say immediately. I was previously on O-A Visa for years and decided not to bother to change - but the next long stay will be O Marriage.

The 400,000 needs to be in your account 2 months before application, some offices like it to remain during the 30 day waiting period, others allow the money to be withdrawn after application.

Edited by cockneyboy
  • Like 1

If it's for a 1st time marriage extension, then apart from the 400000 you need about 6 photos of you and your wife in and around the hse with one showing the hse number. The other usual things photocopy of passport, previous visas, yellow book,Id card and an up-to-date doc from the ampour office of you marriage certificate. Immigration will also come and visit the hse and interview your neighbours, they sign an affidavit to say the know you and stuff. After 4 weeks you can go and collect/ stamp or visa at immigration. I' ve just done mine.

• 1 year later...

does anyone know for sure if you can spend some of the 400,000 baht in the bank for marriage visa, as long as it is back in the account 2 months before the next renewal? 

21 hours ago, jimone0 said:

does anyone know for sure if you can spend some of the 400,000 baht in the bank for marriage visa, as long as it is back in the account 2 months before the next renewal? 

Yes that is the deal. I think unofficialy they maybe actually like to see the account active but it definetely needs to be back in before time. I would put it back in 3 months prior the renewal so no worries on it being seasoned. Too easy to get caught up in an oops and then you will have a real headache.

For me I never touch it as is just easiest for peace of mind rather than the worry of scrambling getting it back above the limit.

• Like 1