Covid visa extension declined

Of course leaving the country is an option, but then you would have to jump through the Test and Go hoops to get back in.   Volunteer visa, student visa are options others use as well

<FG's rule 10. Links to other ASEAN forums is not permitted nor discussion of any other forum, its format or staff. An exception may only be allowed for a reference within a new member’s first post in their introduction.>
Moderator.

Edited by Faz
Edited in breach of FG's.

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Of course leaving the country is an option, but then you would have to jump through the Test and Go hoops to get back in.   Volunteer visa, student visa are options others use as well

I am quite sure that some people on this forum will also know.

Edited by Faz
edited
  • Like 1

The latest covid extension is only an option for those who entered on a tourist visa or visa waiver (no visa).

All other visa types (non Imm O etc) are being denied at all immigration offices. Best to leave and try to come back on an appropriate long-term visa.

They will give you a 7 day extension meaning you have 7 days to leave Thailand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

I entered on the special tourist visa.

is their any country where you can make easy visa runs at he moment?

Not by land as yet but I have read reports of flights to Cambodia and back .

Still need Thai Pass to get back in I assume.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I entered on the special tourist visa.

I think you need more info put forth on this one. As in how many times have you extended? Did the PHK IO write anything in your passport? Faz will come along to answer you, but it might be if you don't have anything in your passport then an immigration office somewhere else in another province and city may do the trick for you, or perhaps going via the way of having an agent secure it for you.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I thought they extended it to the 25. march?

Yes but they have since qualified who is eligible. Tourist visa and exempt only it seems.

@Fazshould have the official version

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think you need more info put forth on this one. As in how many times have you extended? Did the PHK IO write anything in your passport? Faz will come along to answer you, but it might be if you don't have anything in your passport then an immigration office somewhere else in another province and city may do the trick for you, or perhaps going via the way of having an agent secure it for you.

I entered Thailand at the 2nd April, 2021. the STV got extended twice until end of December. Then I got one covid visa extension until end of February 2022. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

I entered Thailand at the 2nd April, 2021. the STV got extended twice until end of December. Then I got one covid visa extension until end of February 2022. 

Did the IO write anything in your passport? Or just give it back to you and say No Can? How old you are may be an issue, or maybe that is. Different immigration office and relocate temporily as a toursit traveling, or perhpas find an agent and pay doing it that way. How long of staying here more are you looking to have or get? What country are you from? If from the US then an online visa may be a can as available to get, but then you will have to leave and jump back through the hoops. Anyway, wait until Faz gets back to you as he is the one who is the guy for this on TT.

He didn’t write anything. He just asked another guy and said I will not get it and that I need to leave the country and can come back. I‘m 38, from Germany and want to stay for one more month until end of march. 

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Can you recommend one?

Thai Visa Centre. In Bangkok but they told me they do it via mail or courier from anywhere. I had never used one so was a little timid to mail it. I dropped  off passport and payment off in person and a courier returned it to me in 3 days 

It's not tyhe cheapest for sure but it's the most convenient I'd come across.

Fast communication (via email in my case). They are in a an office with very prominent signage so aren't hiding away. They have a ton of positive reviews. My final date was added to my original last date.

I'd use them again for sure 

The reviews were all so good it concerned me buy my experience was exactly as positive and easy as others stated.  

Oh, they did say it has become a bit more difficult and asked me to show them my initial entry stamp and my first tourist extension to verify.  Something about certain types of entry that were being  excluded from this last extension of the covid situation. Once they saw that they said no problem for my case. So it seems they will let you know if there is a problem in advance.

Edited by MikeV
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben said:

The 60 day Covid extension application period was indeed extended until March 25th, but only for those who are classed as Tourist status (VE, TV, STV), however there was also a caveat that Immigration may request valid evidence of why you are not able to return to your home Country.

If you had proof of a pre booked flight for a later date then that should be considered as a reason to extend your stay at least until such date. Phuket should have explained the requirements.

Key details from Immigrations order (Translated);
"Covid" visa extension: Key details from the latest order from immigration | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Section 3 regarding Visa on Arrival
Foreigners travelling to the Kingdom and having a Visa on Arrival are unable to request to stay in the Kingdom temporarily according to this letter and cannot request to change the type of visa. Asked to follow the immigration letter No. 0029.161/ว 3808 dated December 9, 2021, regarding guidelines for compliance with immigration laws.

Section 4 regarding a Tourist Visa
In the case of foreigners entering the Kingdom by obtaining a Tourist Visa (TR), if wishing to stay in the Kingdom temporarily, they have to submit an application to temporarily stay in the Kingdom according to the necessity reason as stated in item 2.4 first. If still unable to travel back out of the Kingdom, they can apply to stay in the Kingdom temporarily according to this letter.

Section 5 regarding Non-Immigrant Visa
In the case of foreigners entering the Kingdom by receiving a temporary visa (Non-Immigrant Visa), cannot request to stay in the Kingdom temporarily according to this letter. If wishing to temporarily stay in the Kingdom, have to proceed according to Order No. 327/2014 regarding criteria and conditions for considering an alien applying for a temporary stay in the Kingdom, dated June 30, 2014 and amended, and Immigration Order No. 138/ 2014 with subject: List of Documents Supporting Consideration in Case of Aliens Applying to Stay in the Kingdom for a Temporary Stay dated July 7, 2014.

As it appears to be very much to the discretion of different Immigration offices, I think some will extend for 60 days before the March 25th deadline date, whilst others will refuse unless you can provide a valid reason and proof why you cannot return home or leave the Country at the moment.

Thailand has announced it 'plans' to open the Malaysia border at the end of this month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ben said:

He didn’t write anything. He just asked another guy and said I will not get it and that I need to leave the country and can come back. I‘m 38, from Germany and want to stay for one more month until end of march. 

57 minutes ago, Ben said:

I would think that would be able to be arranged. Airplane booking with a set date might also help that.

23 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

<FG's rule 10. Links to other ASEAN forums is not permitted nor discussion of any other forum, its format or staff. An exception may only be allowed for a reference within a new member’s first post in their introduction.>
Moderator.

I believe the thing about STV is that it can't be converted to other Non- visas. Perhaps Faz can comment on this.

• 5 months later...

I would be very careful about using the Thai Visa Centre (TVC) from now on. They have been very efficient about keeping people in the country, but have being pulling "favors" with immigration officials to achieve the visas.

I am now in a horrible situation where I cannot move on to a new visa, as no one will deal with me because the TVC has been blacklisted (reportedly) and certainly Chiang Mai Immigration won't entertain. I had problems in January where I had to lose a ticket from London to Bangkok because I was told I would not be allowed back in. So I took advice and returned via Phuket, but still had a battle to get in as I was grilled for 45 minutes at immigration there. 

This is what happens when Immigration officers change and are not in on the previous deal... I didn't even know that I was being played when I was granted the Volunteer Visa during covid in 2020.