News Forum - 4 Thai tourists hospitalised after wooden pier breaks in Koh Larn off Pattaya coast

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Now no more Stonker. I’m not playing your silly games anymore. I was trying to have an proper informed and sensible  debate. Not turning this in to a silly slanging game.  Now please, go pester someone else. I really don’t have time to spoon feed you

1DC65315-8FF2-49BE-864D-F00FA0CF6CE6.jpeg

No "slanging" or "silly games". I just had some doubts about your claim "that many countries have guidelines or laws which prevent issues such as nationality being reported in such a way, especially in criminal cases", so it didn't seem unreasonable to ask you what some of those "many" countries were with such "guidelines or laws" as I couldn't find any.

Evidently Germany isn't one of them according to your DW article ("But more and more nationality is playing a bigger role in reporting about crime") so it seems there probably aren't any after all.

It could be seen as "misinformation" by some, but it's not a big deal.

On “Likes” (Off Topic): “Likes” have been discussed on this Topic. The number of Likes has no bearing on the quality of posts attracting those Likes.

I have seen the most simplistic “populist” one-liner posts, typically speaking against govt. measures on Covid or tourism, each sometimes (but not often) attracting 50 (Fifty) + Likes. I have also seen many excellent balanced deserving posts getting One or No Likes. 

I never “like” one-liner posts, even if I may agree in principle, unless exceptionally witty.There are also several members specializing in snide one liners.

Personally, if I see a post with over six likes I will not add mine as it has no added value at that point. 

• Like 2

There were 4 people leaning on the rail that was probably built to add protection for one person. The railing might have been defective or maybe inadequate for the load. 

I have a wooden railing on my balcony but don't know if 4 men could hang on it. It's well made of solid teakwood.

4 hours ago, Transam said:

By the look of the pier, one must have been pretty brave to even walk on it. Should have been roped off.

Even the restraint rail looks like it's on the wrong side of the uprights to do anything...🤔

Thought the pier itself HAD collapsed from reading the ludicrous inflated article headline which was trying to squeeze in the whole story ! 🤣