Jump to content

How do you cook?


GMoney2312
 Share

Recommended Posts

I need to get my In Laws a real BBQ grill! 

Things take forever with such a small work space. And getting down on the ground is not fun for me! Oh well!

IMG_2027.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the moment we - or Mrs F, uses the same. We had a cheapo stand- up BBQ, but it's gone rusty.

This place has a good selection of Smokers as well.

Being from the UK, having a BBQ was always hit & miss, due to the mostly horrible weather. So many times, a BBQ party used to get ruined by a sudden downpour, & eating cold half- cooked chicken, is not nice! 🤣

https://www.bbqgrillsthai.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0p2QBhDvARIsAACSOOONWOHl18XsWkQsnYmVTN24ZKgLh0mONa87s4CCxJmKRfI9xHmv0AwaAgI3EALw_wcB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

I need to get my In Laws a real BBQ grill! 

Things take forever with such a small work space. And getting down on the ground is not fun for me! Oh well!

IMG_2027.jpg

I actually love those BBQ !

I think the taste is amazing from those

 

Although they aren't really using it properly 

The meat goes in between the metal screens so it can flipped and cooked on both sides

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with Faraday I bought a bbq in Scotland many years ago and it didn't come out of the box for 2 years when the first sunny weekend arrived.

I have one here but rarely use it. I cook every day however with a combination of convection oven, slow cooker and the standard gas hob.

The wife has no need for a BBQ now as this place has re-opened across the road. However most of the time it's chicken livers, pigs tongue and pigs intestines.

They even manage to ruin chicken wings by trying to make them taste like fish.

 

273468640_688101575703836_2349805154605485753_n.thumb.jpg.d6be7c55c3ff9167d7e005d97df295b2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Well, our amazing Air Fryer will be here Tuesday, so screw the BBQ!🤣

From the USA, 110 volt?

I love cooking over charcoal on a clay-pot, awesome heat and great flavours.  I have a custom SS gas bbq now which is easier and doubles as an oven.  Made by an American in Udon Thani.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Well, our amazing Air Fryer will be here Tuesday, so screw the BBQ!🤣

We just bought this bad boy

 

I haven't used it yet

 

 

41gExW61BQL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

From the USA, 110 volt?

I love cooking over charcoal on a clay-pot, awesome heat and great flavours.  I have a custom SS gas bbq now which is easier and doubles as an oven.  Made by an American in Udon Thani.

I will have a nice outdoor kitchen in Thailand with a built in BBQ and wok

 

Probably a gas grill

But a big charcoal clay pot built in would be cool

 

 

images3-1024x768.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ours >

image.png.6036a68aa49372afb8c3dc928283d9d2.png

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I will have a nice outdoor kitchen in Thailand with a built in BBQ and wok

Probably a gas grill

But a big charcoal clay pot built in would be cool

Problem is smoke/air flow.  I nearly imported a wood-fired oven until I realised it would require a smoke stack.  We have good pizza restaurants nearby 😛

Any time we want charcoal grilled food I set up the clay pot where the breeze will carry initial (starter) smoke away from the house.  For the cabana bbq (above) I have a wall fan which blows the small amount cooking smoke away.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We use them all. Kettle style like Weber and add wood as a charcoal, Thai style clay receptacle add wood as a charcoal, electric grill and also have the air fryer. Weber kettle style has a lid so you can smoke the meat a bit and can cook a lot of different meats and/or seafood at one time. Jut depends for what we are doing and for how much time we want to put into it and what the end desired taste wanted. For us they are all equally important.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We use them all. Kettle style like Weber and add wood as a charcoal, Thai style clay receptacle add wood as a charcoal, electric grill and also have the air fryer. Weber kettle style has a lid so you can smoke the meat a bit and can cook a lot of different meats and/or seafood at one time. Jut depends for what we are doing and for how much time we want to put into it and what the end desired taste wanted. For us they are all equally important.

I've yet to put charcoal in my gas bbq for added flavour, often remember too late ... 🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I've yet to put charcoal in my gas bbq for added flavour, often remember too late ... 🙄

Hahahahaha- funny KR. Said Weber kettle. Not gas. But now as in here you can finally go to the store and buy Kingsford charcoal briquettes, or use traditional Thai type as we have been for ever. So we use the Thai type. For me not much into gas barbecues but I do love to use my gas oven broiler. But you must be relieved that if you ever did run out of gas then you could easily go out and buy some charred wood to use in it. 😆

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hahahahaha- funny KR. Said Weber kettle. Not gas. But now as in here you can finally go to the store and buy Kingsford charcoal briquettes, or use traditional Thai type as we have been for ever. So we use the Thai type. For me not much into gas barbecues but I do love to use my gas oven broiler. But you must be relieved that if you ever did run out of gas then you could easily go out and buy some charred wood to use in it. 😆

I'm quite serious, a small lump of charcoal can burn atop the grill and create that unique smoky flavour to permeate the meat, lid down of course.

I can do hot smoking the same way using wood shavings in a tray above one burner, fish or meat on the cold side of the grill for slow cooking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I'm quite serious, a small lump of charcoal can burn atop the grill and create that unique smoky flavour to permeate the meat, lid down of course.

I can do hot smoking the same way using wood shavings in a tray above one burner, fish or meat on the cold side of the grill for slow cooking.

Sorry as I read your post the wrong way. I thought you were yanking my chain. The smoking action is what BBQ-ing is all about for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 3:42 AM, GMoney2312 said:

Well, our amazing Air Fryer will be here Tuesday, so screw the BBQ!🤣

yeahhh the air fryer is really great ,we have one here in sweden and it's going hot almost every day ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, KaptainRob said:

From the USA, 110 volt?

120 V.

I was setting my home computer from our cargo shipment- I first plugged in my big power strip from America, just the power strip only, and I shorted out the entire house. So forget that! Used a Thai power strip with the adapter, and all was good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

120 V.

I was setting my home computer from our cargo shipment- I first plugged in my big power strip from America, just the power strip only, and I shorted out the entire house. So forget that! Used a Thai power strip with the adapter, and all was good.

Did you buy a transformer for your US appliances?  They're about 700bt upwards for the higher amperage ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Did you buy a transformer for your US appliances?

All we have is two vacuum cleaners, the Air Fryer and a coffee maker. No large appliances at all. Those will all be purchased here. So I will be good, right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

You did a really great job, and the food looks so delicious. The only thing I would recommend to you is to get a fire pit, which will let you cook easily and have great grilled food. I bought one like that a few years ago and I am really happy with it. I have a solo stove. Things are amazing.  smokeless once it gets heated. I usually just toss a grate over top to cook on it, but you have to be careful because it gets crazy hot. If you want one, tell them to bring you a cover like this, or you'll have to buy it separately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 15

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    2. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    3. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    5. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use