News Forum - Test and Go report card and arrivals – First 10 days of February

Thaiger

The CCSA has had their first report card for Thailand’s Covid situation following the reopening of the Test & Go program on February 1. After a doubling of daily infections over the past 2 weeks, there were fears that the CCSA may tighten restrictions. But, in the end, nothing was changed at the bi-weekly meeting. Even the provincial zonings remain unchanged. 5,435 Covid infections were reported yesterday in the 8 sandbox provinces, accounting for about a third of the total infections in the national report. In Bangkok there were 3,019 new cases, leading the provincial totals. For Saturday the national total […]

The story Test and Go report card and arrivals – First 10 days of February as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Of the 1,832 people that arrived and subsequently testing positive…
Russian 18.7%
Kazakhstani 7%
Swedish 2.5%
German 2.4%
French 1.9%
UK 1.5%
UAE 1.5%
US 1.1%
Australian 1.1%
Singaporean 1%

More wealthy russkies who never bargain - more positive tests. It's not personal, it's business.

Too bad they can't lure chinese group tourists yet for stable cash-flow.

Edited by 1l1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

More wealthy russkies who never bargain - more positive tests. It's not personal, it's business.

They'll be here before too long.

1 hour ago, 1l1 said:

Suggest to me that post departure testing is flawed with some countries. Countries like USA, Australia and Singapore have better testing processes.

Russia looks like testing is absent or very flawed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Suggest to me that post departure testing is flawed with some countries. Countries like USA, Australia and Singapore have better testing processes.

Fake vaccine certificates and fake negative tests are prevalent everywhere Fred - especially in places like Russia and India - where TAT is heavily marketing Thailand holidays.

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o321

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/german-police-investigating-12-000-fake-vaccine-certificates/2480190

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/spain-breaks-up-covid-passport-forgery-ring-2022-01-25/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Rumors says Thai tests are too sensitive so you positive if had omicron month ago. Maybe different rules of interpretation.

8 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Rumors says Thai tests are too sensitive so you positive if had omicron month ago. Maybe different rules of interpretation.

I have heard that myself - never found any 'sources' though, but I would not be surprised. The reason I say that, is because many times when we travelled to Thailand, I would get through the scanners in Australia and other places like Singapore with no problem, but in Thailand I would set off something with exactly the same gear on.  Am I saying that some of the Thailand private hospitals have a vested interest in positive results and therefore are more 'hard' on the test procedures and results? Do bears sh**** in the forest? Is the Pope Catholic?

• Like 2