News Forum - First 10 days of February arrival figures for Thailand – Test & Go V2 “sluggish”

Thaiger

So who is travelling to Thailand at the moment, and how many are coming through the turnstiles? For the first 10 days of February, there was a total of 55,823 travellers entering Thailand. 23,036 travellers entered on the Test and Go program, another 27,667 through the Sandbox scheme and 5,120 arrived to do the Alternative Quarantine program at a qualified hotel. 1,832 of those arrivals have tested Covid positive… that’s 3.3% of the total number of arrivals. The Top 10 countries for arrivals are, in order…. Russia, Germany, UK, France, US, Australia, UAE, Singapore, Kazakhstan and Sweden. The Test & […]

The story First 10 days of February arrival figures for Thailand – Test & Go V2 “sluggish” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It will be interesting to see the percentage of tourist who fail to show up on the fifth day for testing.   Of course nothing will be done to those who don’t get tested on day 5.  Why should they bother, as I have seen an influx of tourist not wearing masks in public. I heard one say, he doesn’t care and won’t wear a mask.   Just like driving in Thailand, there are no repercussions for those who fail to follow the rules 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just more BS from a useless government that has no idea about what they are doing.

Am very curious as to which program Uncle Tu returned under after his brown nose visit to ME, or maybe he just omitted any rules because he is Hi-So and rules don't apply to them. I wonder how he got on filling out his required documents for the return flight and entry, or maybe someonedid it for him. 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mandatory Covid ins must be on that list with the others. 
Who wants to travel to a country and be forced to buy insurance especially when some companies are trying to wiggle out of coverage as had been reported in other threads!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

that’s 3.3% of the total number of arrivals

How about this? Someone confirm my logic on this please.

To start with, you can't say that with increasing tests your chances of testing positive goes down because you were negative on the first test to get into Thailand. So to the contrary, your chances would in fact be increasing if your second of four tests comes up positive. With that being said, let us just take a neutral calculus for the sake of ease and general ruminating shall we. Let's use the 3.3% statistic across the board. Let's see... 🤔 That's one test to get in, one on arrival day, one on day 5(7) and one to go home... that's a total of 4 tests for the average tourist.

3.3% X 4 tests = a 13.2% chance of coming up positive on your holiday in Thailand?

• Like 2

Just remind me what the figures that TAT and AOT spokesmen constantly pumped out regarding Estimated figures per Month was it 400,000 or 1.5 Million per month of Tourists.

• Like 5

I had vacation in Thailand at the first Test and Go in december 2021. Intend to come back in late feb but decide not to. First because of the "new" 5 th day test/quarantine which is just a scam. Have friends who entered Thailand and tested positive on their 5 th day. None of them was sick at all, no fever, nothing. The only ones who are sick is the Thai Government.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, keny3309 said:

I had vacation in Thailand at the first Test and Go in december 2021. Intend to come back in late feb but decide not to. First because of the "new" 5 th day test/quarantine which is just a scam. Have friends who entered Thailand and tested positive on their 5 th day. None of them was sick at all, no fever, nothing. The only ones who are sick is the Thai Government.

Ok good decision. See you on the other side. 😀

42 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

3.3% X 4 tests = a 13.2% chance of coming up positive on your holiday in Thailand?

33 minutes ago, vlad said:

Just remind me what the figures that TAT and AOT spokesmen constantly pumped out regarding Estimated figures per Month was it 400,000 or 1.5 Million per month of Tourists.

So let’s use TAT mathematics here on predicting how many will get COVID19 as a tourist per month …..

3.3% of 1.5 million (higher prediction as TAT love the bigger numbers) which is 49500 people to spend more lufferly money in a hospitel  ….. and we then use the 13.2% (as the longer here, the more chance you got of getting it) of 1.5 million which is 198000 people. I know which figure the TAT will be hoping for. 

oh …. Dreaming ….. I can wake up now zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

tourists have no idea what the government are doing,flip flopping everyday,what exactly is going on,even themselves have no idea, and nor has the tourists 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

I don't understand why TAT is not publishing government data, eg the numbers of granted ThaiPass per day. That would be a nice indication how tourism is performing. Of course this number will also include Thais living overseas returning home, as also expats returning to their Thai residence. 

Using the same database it would be interesting to see when these planned arrivals and departures are (eg from airline tickets of tourists). Represent the total planned days of stay in Thailand as a bar diagram per calendar day on the timeline.

3.3% of incoming tourists tested positive for COVID-19 so which means Thailand already recouped the money that they lost by scamming and ripping off tourists so they satisfied by doing that. If it is less than 1% it's not enough, the rest of the tourists are heading to the Philippines or Cambodia.

3 hours ago, Pompies said:

Let's face it, Thailand has totally ruined its chances of attracting more than a handful of visitors by the never ending changes, dithering, draconian measures and the sheer arrogancenof those in power who think this country is peerless. Anyone planning a holiday outside their home country already has decided that there are better places to visit, where they are welcome, not treated as dirty farangs, continually subjected to restrictions nor ripped off. If this country hits 2 million visitors this year it will be a miracle and those will have to endure spending time in a veritable graveyard of bankrupt businesses, and never ending bureaucratic interference. 

Very depressing comment but sums things up quite nicely.  I am enjoying my time here though.  

• Like 1

In a few day's when this news finally hits a minister high up, someone will quickly tell another minister to rearange the figures from sluggish to the prospects of arrivals are higher than first thought, and a TAT spokesman will be wheeled out confirming this. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

To start with, you can't say that with increasing tests your chances of testing positive goes down because you were negative on the first test to get into Thailand. So to the contrary, your chances would in fact be increasing if your second of four tests comes up positive. With that being said, let us just take a neutral calculus for the sake of ease and general ruminating shall we. Let's use the 3.3% statistic across the board. Let's see... 🤔 That's one test to get in, one on arrival day, one on day 5(7) and one to go home... that's a total of 4 tests for the average tourist.

No, that's nonsense.

According to your logic, one would be 99% positiv after taking 30 tests. lol

• Like 3

I bumped into a few guys in Isaan who went through the process of getting here, they both said it was a nightmare. They’re both spending a month here, separately  and from different countries.

1 of them told me he’s not taking a test before he flies home, I was like I’d be careful about that.

My question is would he be allowed to fly home?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

26 minutes ago, astro said:

No, that's nonsense.

According to your logic, one would be 99% positiv after taking 30 tests. lol

I think the formula to use would be as described in the chapter Probability of Mathematics = 3.3% X 3.3% X 3.3% X 3.3% = 0.00011859%

So by taking more tests your chances of testing positive would actually be less as shown above. By the fourth time, the probability of testing positive would be 0.00011859%

• Like 2

The world is opening up. Can someone wake up the leaders and tell them Omicron is less harmful than the annual flu. Herd immunity is well cemented in most countries and Thai ASQ is thus absolete. Open up the county. What tis hesitation? The Delta is gone 12 month ago. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Philly said:

I bumped into a few guys in Isaan who went through the process of getting here, they both said it was a nightmare. They’re both spending a month here, separately  and from different countries.

1 of them told me he’s not taking a test before he flies home, I was like I’d be careful about that.

He will be refused at the airport

• Thanks 1

Test and Go version 2.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Absolute resounding success!

Extremely impressive!

I'm sure that they'll  be able to look at other countries in the region with glee, thinking we've got the tourist with our methods to attract them.

48 minutes ago, Philly said:

I think it depends which airline and which country he’s flying to. If the airline and/or his home country require a PCR test before travel he will be refused. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How stupid does the Thai government have to be to allow you to roam around between day one and day 5. That is just ridiculous I could get covid from the Thai population on day 2 it makes no sense or I could walk around test negative on the first day and then give everybody covid for the next 4 days until I go back to get check wake up people wake up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think it depends which airline and which country he’s flying to. If the airline and/or his home country require a PCR test before travel he will be refused. 

Maybe he can apply for a Covid extension and stay for an extended period of time.  Resourceful people still find ways to travel though.  The hitmen that may have been from Canada seemed to be able travel freely to and from Thailand.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2