News Forum - Thailand Pass hotlines, emails for assistance with registration process

Thaiger

Thailand Pass hotlines were launched to assist travellers with registering for schemes to enter the country. Registration for the Thailand Pass is free, but the government spokespersons have been warning travellers about third party websites asking for a fee for Thailand Pass registration. (Here’s the official website by the Department of Consular Affairs… https://tp.consular.go.th/) For entry in Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga, travellers can email thailandpass.hkt@gmail.com for assistance. Those registering for the Phuket Sandbox can call +66 (0) 7653 220 or email phuket.thailandpass@gmail.com. Travellers are also asked to fill in a Thailand Pass Follow Up Form on Google Docs. For […]

The story Thailand Pass hotlines, emails for assistance with registration process as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Having just gone through it, the key issue is you MUST follow up with the hotel you booked for Day 1 and Day 5 they both, if using two separate hotels, need to confirm they received your documents that you imputed into the Thai Pass System and then they need to confirm with the Disease Control Department before your Thai Pass can then be subsequently approved.

ThaiPassApprovedFreeduhdumb.jpg

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Having just gone through it, the key issue is you MUST follow up with the hotel you booked for Day 1 and Day 5 they both, if using two separate hotels, need to confirm they received your documents that you imputed into the Thai Pass System and then they need to confirm with the Disease Control Department before your Thai Pass can then be subsequently approved.

ThaiPassApprovedFreeduhdumb.jpg

I came in under the certificate of entry in November and it seemed a lot less stressful and cumbersome than the Thailand pass. I have tickets confirmed for April however if the system is not changed by then I’ll definitely cancel my tickets and lose $300. Thailand pass sounds like far too much of a hassle and risk. I’m constantly reading about people on a Facebook user group that do not get their passes until right before they travel, as well as having multiple problems getting the pass approved. Sounds too stressful.  If you’re going there to be go for a long time I understand, but for a short holidays it’s not worth it. 

Edited by Ksmui
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ksmui said:

I came in under the certificate of entry in November and it seemed a lot less stressful and cumbersome than the Thailand pass is I have tickets confirmed for April however if the system was is not changed by then I’ll definitely cancel my tickets and lose $300. Thailand pass sounds like far too much of a hassle and risk. Constantly reading about people on a Facebook user group that do not get their passes until right before they travel, as well as having multiple problems getting the pass approved. Sounds way too stressful.  If you’re going there to be there for a long time I understand but for a short holidays it’s not worth it. 

I entered twice in the first period. November 8th and 23rd. Other than the jpg/pdf issue which should have been fixed but wasn’t I had no issue. 

The new requirement that the hotel confirm the booking seems to be the problem. Mind you that in the past you needed to send the booking confirmation from the hotel already. 

This new process appears to have very little benefit to solve a tiny problem while introducing massive costs. 
And by the way one would question who exactly might try to fake a hotel reservation? A tourist who already needs to stay in a hotel? Of course not. 

If you make it difficult for people to visit, they will respond by not visiting. Simple as that. No one is going around touting how wonderfully the “reopening” is going this time. Open the damn border with one simple test on arrival. 

• Like 2

The Thailand Pass and the COE before it is typical of a system designed by committee. Each member having to show their worth by insisting an element they control is included in the process. Each vested interest seemingly a small step, though when all combined it becomes an administrative pain in the ass. It needs someone with real authority to actually walk end-to-end through the process to fully appreciate how cumbersome it is. I entered Thailand in Mid-January using the Test & Go/Thailand Pass. At that time I needed a    day 5 test but didn’t need to stay overnight in the hotel for the second test result. If I hadn’t  planned on being in Thailand for many months I wouldn’t have subjected myself to it. Since I arrived, I’ve yet to meet any short time (7-15 day) genuine tourist. Most people live here part time or have a business interest or are here for at least a month or more. This isn’t what drives the 39 million mass tourist numbers they so desperately need.  

• Like 5

I traveled last year on the test and go system that was in place then , one PCR test required and one lateral flow test 5 days later . I found under the certificate of entry it was a bit of a hassle but it worked and was pretty straight forward. But this new system is crazy , I will wait until they remove the second quarantine hotel stay it's just far too expensive and such a hassle. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

The Thailand Pass and the COE before it is typical of a system designed by committee. Each member having to show their worth by insisting an element they control is included in the process. Each vested interest seemingly a small step, though when all combined it becomes an administrative pain in the ass. It needs someone with real authority to actually walk end-to-end through the process to fully appreciate how cumbersome it is. I entered Thailand in Mid-January using the Test & Go/Thailand Pass. At that time I needed a    day 5 test but didn’t need to stay overnight in the hotel for the second test result. If I hadn’t  planned on being in Thailand for many months I wouldn’t have subjected myself to it. Since I arrived, I’ve yet to meet any short time (7-15 day) genuine tourist. Most people live here part time or have a business interest or are here for at least a month or more. This isn’t what drives the 39 million mass tourist numbers they so desperately need.  

Thailand has done a better job, IMO,  in keeping infection rates low than UK or eu. We need to cut the health authorities some slack because results are good. That said my suggestion is to back away from you negativity  and  concentrate on finding something positive to say. As I recall you were very anxious to return  to Thailand for something. Returning to complain doesn't make sense.

Thailand Pass is a cumbersome system, no doubt about it. Strangely, the hotel seems to know you've been rejected and why before you do!!! My hotel has been very helpful though I. Communicating this with me. Perhaps one of the most frustrating aspects, is that if you choose to edit you application, you lose all the data you have input. So it's like starting all over again. Or if you choose to go backwards to change something, you lose the input on the previous page. If the Thaiger could pool the experience we've all had, it would definately be their most read work. Time to do a special on the Thailand Pass. Maybe put Tim onto Tim it!!

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Thailand has done a better job, IMO,  in keeping infection rates low than UK or eu. We need to cut the health authorities some slack because results are good. That said my suggestion is to back away from you negativity  and  concentrate on finding something positive to say. As I recall you were very anxious to return  to Thailand for something. Returning to complain doesn't make sense.

It is not about keeping infection rates down, it is the problems which arrise with the hotels, especially that for the 5th day, not confirming to Thai pass. Before it was easier, you had a light blue SHA+ certificate in your name from the hotel that you could pass to the authorities, now you are completely in the dark not knowing if they confirmed. You can do your best to follow all the rules, but you are completely at the mercy of some staffmember (competent or not) of the hotel involved

4 hours ago, Alavan said:

It is not about keeping infection rates down, it is the problems which arrise with the hotels, especially that for the 5th day, not confirming to Thai pass. Before it was easier, you had a light blue SHA+ certificate in your name from the hotel that you could pass to the authorities, now you are completely in the dark not knowing if they confirmed. You can do your best to follow all the rules, but you are completely at the mercy of some staffmember (competent or not) of the hotel involved

This is exactly it. The Thai Pass System has currently boiled it down to that staff member at the hotel. Your entire travel plans hinge on that person getting your hotel booking into the system or not. And there are many stories here on Thai Tiger and elsewhere that they simply do not get it done or when they do it is has been so slow that it impacts on your flight dates. The uncertainty of it all, not to be forgotten all the PCR tests you must pass and software glitches, makes planning travel to Thailand right now nearly unbearable. And I don't say that lightly. To be honest, the COE process I went through in September 2020 was more manageable, because there was only one gatekeeper and that was the Thai Embassy/Consulate that didn't use an online system, just old fashioned email. The current Thai Pass System has shifted some of the logistical responsibilities the Embassy were managing now over to that hotel staffer and that is clearly becoming a problem. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ksmui said:

I came in under the certificate of entry in November and it seemed a lot less stressful and cumbersome than the Thailand pass. I have tickets confirmed for April however if the system is not changed by then I’ll definitely cancel my tickets and lose $300. Thailand pass sounds like far too much of a hassle and risk. I’m constantly reading about people on a Facebook user group that do not get their passes until right before they travel, as well as having multiple problems getting the pass approved. Sounds too stressful.  If you’re going there to be go for a long time I understand, but for a short holidays it’s not worth it. 

You've got it exactly right. For a short holiday it is certainly not worth it at the moment. In the context of let us say a 2 week trip over, there is way too much uncertainty regarding the PCR testing scheme and all the various quarantine possibilities. Then there is the added expense. There are a myriad of issues (really just too many to comment here) and just imagine a family or even a couple, it only takes one in the series of FOUR PCR tests that are required to come up positive. Regarding the Thai Pass, if anyone is going to brave it right now, at the moment it all comes down to your due diligence to book your hotel and follow up with them to confirm all of your information has been accepted and confirm they do their part to clear you through the first phase of the Thai Pass. Otherwise you will get nowhere. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

I no longer can believe that the current leadership in Thailand wants mass tourism to return. If they had, if they were paying attention, and wanted to get back to "normal" they would have seen or realized that many other tourist hot spots on the planet at the beginning of the year relaxed their rules not made them more onerous. To me, there seems to be a pivot away from this (consider all the rhetoric in this regard), an attempt to change the tourist dynamic to more "well heeled" or "Rich" tourists, use whatever metaphor you want. Sadly, those within Thailand that have made their living in the tourist industry have and will continue to be heavily impacted. At least for the moment, I don't see how you can look at it in any other way.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Foxy said:

I traveled last year on the test and go system that was in place then , one PCR test required and one lateral flow test 5 days later . I found under the certificate of entry it was a bit of a hassle but it worked and was pretty straight forward. But this new system is crazy , I will wait until they remove the second quarantine hotel stay it's just far too expensive and such a hassle. 

If they had returned to the original Test and Go program, much of the craziness would be eliminated. That additional test on Day 5 killed it for the average tourist. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

If they had returned to the original Test and Go program, much of the craziness would be eliminated. That additional test on Day 5 killed it for the average tourist. 

I agree...several friends decided that the risks of a positive were too great.... many have gone to Florida instead.

10 hours ago, JJJ said:

I entered twice in the first period. November 8th and 23rd. Other than the jpg/pdf issue which should have been fixed but wasn’t I had no issue. 

The new requirement that the hotel confirm the booking seems to be the problem. Mind you that in the past you needed to send the booking confirmation from the hotel already. 

This new process appears to have very little benefit to solve a tiny problem while introducing massive costs. 
And by the way one would question who exactly might try to fake a hotel reservation? A tourist who already needs to stay in a hotel? Of course not. 

If you make it difficult for people to visit, they will respond by not visiting. Simple as that. No one is going around touting how wonderfully the “reopening” is going this time. Open the damn border with one simple test on arrival. 

The only test should be taken in your own country 72 hours before departure. I agree with everything else you say.

5 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I no longer can believe that the current leadership in Thailand wants mass tourism to return. If they had, if they were paying attention, and wanted to get back to "normal" they would have seen or realized that many other tourist hot spots on the planet at the beginning of the year relaxed their rules not made them more onerous. To me, there seems to be a pivot away from this (consider all the rhetoric in this regard), an attempt to change the tourist dynamic to more "well heeled" or "Rich" tourists, use whatever metaphor you want. Sadly, those within Thailand that have made their living in the tourist industry have and will continue to be heavily impacted. At least for the moment, I don't see how you can look at it in any other way.

''an attempt to change the tourist dynamic to more "well heeled" or "Rich" tourists''  The vacuum left by ordinary tourists wont suck in more 'rich' tourists.  Rich tourists only do 5* hotels and seriously upmarket restaurants etc, private car and driver hire etc.  There are only so many in the world to begin with and they have the entire world to play in.  I have lived in several tourist destinations in Australia and the UK and every one of them had the attitude that if they could get rid of the 'scum' they would be inundated with wealthy, proper tourists. Will rarely ever happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve99 said:

''an attempt to change the tourist dynamic to more "well heeled" or "Rich" tourists''  The vacuum left by ordinary tourists wont suck in more 'rich' tourists.  Rich tourists only do 5* hotels and seriously upmarket restaurants etc, private car and driver hire etc.  There are only so many in the world to begin with and they have the entire world to play in.  

But Thailand offers that and I would say, as well or better than most countries I have been to...........

Steve99 is spot on ... the Thai elite detest “ordinary “ tourists especially those expats with disposable incomes of B500,000 - 1M a year. These people over the years spend far more money and support local small businesses  and poor  Thai family’s than the rich tourists ever would. The trouble is, a section of Thai society actually believes a Thai renaissance is coming when the old values will triumph against those of the filthy farang .... the so called Covid pandemic with the lockdowns and restricted foreign travel has given them hope . The absurd and complicated entry requirements for foreigners ( when othe countries are easing) is proof of this and they will drag it out as long as they can regardless of the harm it’s doing ordinary Thais.

I sent 5 emails over 7 days to phuket.thailandpass@gmail.com when I was trying to move up my Test & Go approval from a Feb arrival date to a Jan arrival date. No auto reply. No response. No help. They also had advertised a Google sheet which I could submit to request a change. Again, no response. One month later there has still be no response to my multiple emails. 

With no response, I contacted an agent and by paying a fee, had my date change and a new QR code in 6 hours. I live in Thailand and am used to Thai inefficiency, but if I was a tourist I would have simply given up. 

• Like 1

Get rid of Thailand Pass. It is nerve wrecking to fullfill all requirements. A lot of people want to travel to Thailand but have trouble due to age to understand the application process. And lot of these people have enough money to support Thai families. So make it happen. Just a negative Covid-19 test before arrival and health declaration form should be fine. And get rid of these ridiculous insurance requirements to pay for hospitalization even when people are not sick of Covid-19. Longstay O visa retirees rent or own condo's. They can quarantine in their own homes instead of expensive hospitalization. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick said:

Mexico again for me this year. I won't even think about Thailand until all testing is scrapped.

Good. Enjoy. Hope everything is fine. 😀

Bear in mind that Thailand wont be thinking about you either.