News Forum - German man’s body found hanging, his Kanchanaburi house on fire

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

she's now got no German pension to look forward to, to go with no house.

good points - and if there was an insurance policy on the house (probably not) and contents (no way) they will not cover being deliberately burned down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

good points - and if there was an insurance policy on the house (probably not) and contents (no way) they will not cover being deliberately burned down. 

Im sure it will not cover Arson 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I new a Thai woman years ago who's husband died I swear thats what she was doing carried on drawing his pension, Thai's cant keep their mouths shut always have to show off 

• Like 2

Sad and a cautionary tale... When marrying someone 20 years younger than yourself, and for all the wrong reasons, this is what could happen - broke, broken and lonely. His last FU was burning down her house. RIP 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Sad and a cautionary tale... When marrying someone 20 years younger than yourself, and for all the wrong reasons, this is what could happen - broke, broken and lonely. His last FU was burning down her house. RIP 

Kamolwan Albrecht, 60, is not 20 years younger than her sadly deceased husband, Uwe. A mere 3 years separates them. Neither is there a scrap of evidence that she ever worked in a bar. I bet in previous times you lot sat knitting round the scaffold. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You must never say to yourself that "Thailand is my home forever from now on". Your country must always remain a place where you can always come back. Your house / apartment (and some of your money) in your country must always be waiting for you. No matter how good your relationship is with your current wife / girlfriend. People get divorced both after 2 years and after 40 years together. And having children together are not a guarantee of anything. Your wife / girlfriend can cheat on you both at the age of 30 and at the age of 60.

Many people don't want to remember these obvious things

Edited by stapoz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

She wasn't 20 years younger but get your point

My wife's aunt married her 50yr old husband when she was 25yrs old

He didn't have her go live with him full time

He built a massive house in the village and bought a condo in Hua Hin

He would visit frequently 

Come retirement 

She told him to beat it and divorced hmm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Transam said:

Many of us do, including me, and are very happy....😘

PS. I have lived here for many years, during that time I have met many Thai/farang couples, and do you know what, not one of those farangs married a lady less than 20 year age gap, not one.... 🤗

I think the age of the people matter

A 20yr gap isn't all that bad once the lady is in her mid 30's

But I think it is significant if she us younger than 30

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, stapoz said:

You must never say to yourself that "Thailand is my home forever from now on". Your country must always remain a place where you can always come back. Your house / apartment (and some of your money) in your country must always be waiting for you. No matter how good your relationship is with your current wife / girlfriend. People get divorced both after 2 years and after 40 years together. And having children together are not a guarantee of anything. Your wife / girlfriend can cheat on you both at the age of 30 and at the age of 60.

Many people don't want to remember these obvious things

So true.  Many Expats in Thailand have burnt their bridges and they cannot go back.  Not a wise strategy at all - Expats must always have a plan B - even if that means moving across the border.  It is not just issues with Partners that can bring the Thailand life crashing down - many have come unstuck due to business problems and some for other issues too.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Transam said:

PS. I have lived here for many years, during that time I have met many Thai/farang couples, and do you know what, not one of those farangs married a lady less than 20 year age gap, not one.... 🤗

You did 👍... and you are certainly not the only one. I'm not opposed to it, per se. Just cautionary. Frankly, I'm even more sorry this old Germany chap killed himself over a 60 year old, to be honest

Edited by Cabra

Selfish and inconsiderate of that guy if it was a suicide. Could have burned someone else’s house down. Would he want his little grandkids to see some guy hanging on a fence? Mental sickness is just as real as physical sickness. Policy makers need to take that into consideration when making policies, emergency or not. 

27 minutes ago, Transam said:

Did they all meet their wives in bars and did they pay full price for the first night ?

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I bet in previous times you lot sat knitting round the scaffold

An even quickly route to expedite the contemplation of suicide. 

• Like 1

RIP good sir.  Speaking of  Neil Young Vs Joe Rogan;  as Young, Cobain, and others have said  maybe "It's better to burn out than to fade away" No disrespect intended.

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

she's now got no German pension to look forward to, to go with no house.

If the marriage was legit, by german law, she could be entitled for getting up to 50 or 60% of his pension. A german friend of mine told me once, this was the reason to marry his Thai girlfriend for about 10  years, in the end. Because they need to be married at least 5 years or such, so that she gets the widow pension for as long she not gets married again. 

But thinking that the guy just reached the usual pensioners age, but seems to be here for quiet some time, there might be other income?

Aside, in case the marriage was legit, she still will get he(i)r share. Or could get it, if using the right channels.

So not certain that this supposed suicide is having any other result, as the death of one person.

1 hour ago, Transam said:

I have no idea, not my business, but I do know my own wife's background, which is all that matters to me....😊 

I hope that they have all made provision for their Wifes future for when they are no longer here , its quite sad to see 40 something year old  Thai ladies trying to earn a few Baht after their older husband died 

18 hours ago, AussieBob said:

He set up the fire using gas cylinders, and probably petrol too - then he lit from outside

Leave it to a German gentleman to set up some elaborate and technical exit stage left.

Very thoughtful alternative from Pattaya Flying Club reports.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Transam said:

I have no idea, not my business, but I do know my own wife's background, which is all that matters to me....😊 

LOL doesn't matter what their background is, it matters what connivances they are or are not planning to get up to....😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Transam said:

Naaaah, you worry too much, they just move on to the next bloke, same as in the west.

Get off that thinking/worry bench....🤭

Yes, I have had quite a few offers as to whether I want to be that next bloke .

House, car , kids provided and I just need to provide a monthly cash income .

I went to one ladies house and her deceased husbands electric wheelchair was still there and she told me that I could use it, if I ever needed to .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Transam said:

Naaaah, you worry too much, they just move on to the next bloke, same as in the west.

Get off that thinking/worry bench....🤭

When one account closes open another simple.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Transam said:

Brill, she probably looked at you and thought of it...........😂

Or hoping that I would still be there in 30 years time, when I may need it 

• Like 1