WR Health Insurance

WilliamG

Has anyone had experience with this company please eg ease of application, customer service, which plan (74 year old), and most importantly, made a successful claim paid directly to the hospital? Thanks.

• Like 1

williamg,i looked at the info and didnt see on any page anything about covid coverage??i also talked to a few friends who are in thai now,and they say the insurance they bought from thai company dont pay any thing and if they are in a hospital they have to pay the bill upfront then deal with the insurance to get any cash back.also these policies ive looked at and most ive researched says will only cover you for 30 days if over age 74. and most of those insurance policies are a total rip off as if you test  you have covid and youre sent to the hotel you are staying ats other site so called''hosptil'' like hostel,which is now a real hospital the policy pays nothing!and it cost you 10,000 bhat per day for 10 days! as it stands now with all these restrictions and money grabs you should not go to thailand.if you do,most are getting ripped off .this is info from ones who  have been caught up in the  scam.until insurance and hotel stays are dropped im not even thinking of coming.open up as it was in 2019 and drop all this b/s.no more pass, or sending in 20 jpeg doc, and dealing with  the embassy who never returns calls or e mails.just go else where until the thai people demand  their country be open.only requirement that acceptable is covid test done before your flight and you have had your shots.thats all!!

William, the proof to me will be found in the Terms and Conditions of the policy...I cannot find them on the website so I have emailed for a copy....I will let you know what I find.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, farang said:

williamg,i looked at the info and didnt see on any page anything about covid coverage??i also talked to a few friends who are in thai now,and they say the insurance they bought from thai company dont pay any thing and if they are in a hospital they have to pay the bill upfront then deal with the insurance to get any cash back.also these policies ive looked at and most ive researched says will only cover you for 30 days if over age 74. and most of those insurance policies are a total rip off as if you test  you have covid and youre sent to the hotel you are staying ats other site so called''hosptil'' like hostel,which is now a real hospital the policy pays nothing!and it cost you 10,000 bhat per day for 10 days! as it stands now with all these restrictions and money grabs you should not go to thailand.if you do,most are getting ripped off .this is info from ones who  have been caught up in the  scam.until insurance and hotel stays are dropped im not even thinking of coming.open up as it was in 2019 and drop all this b/s.no more pass, or sending in 20 jpeg doc, and dealing with  the embassy who never returns calls or e mails.just go else where until the thai people demand  their country be open.only requirement that acceptable is covid test done before your flight and you have had your shots.thats all!!

Thanks, but I am already living here for 10 years, just need health insurance for stroke, coronary, accident etc. Covid is the least of my worries!

Edited by WilliamG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, farang said:

If it does not say it does not cover covid-19 then it then it should do as for any other sudden illness.

People already staying in Thailand (expats) I think are no longer compelled to stay in a designated place but can isolate at usual place of residence if test positive. A lot of your comments relate to people newly arriving or contemplating coming to Thailand.

• Like 1

Here we go, William...

Pages 1-6 contain definitions and general conditions for all of their policies...life, travel, personal injury,and medical...pages 7-9 cover specifics Medical Coverage for expats in area 3 which includes Thailand.

WRLIFE POLICY ENGLISH.pdf

• 6 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 3:07 PM, GMoney2312 said:

I signed up with them for me and my wife almost two months ago. Nothing really to report.

Were you expecting to make a claim in the first two months?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Were you expecting to make a claim in the first two months?

Well, my wife has slowed down her slapping me around behavior, so no.🤣

• Cool 1

• 3 months later...

The report claims that Assist International Services are also associated with Pacific Prime and Aviva among other insurance companies so I am hoping my policies with WrLife are genuine