News Forum - Gunmen shoot and kill Canadian at Phuket resort

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Oh come on!

Nineteen rounds from a pistol or two, even to the untrained ear, doesn't sound anything like 'fire crackers'.

>Waaaay too many movies!

Fire crackers sound exactly like low energy small calibre rounds to most.

Silencers/suppressors work very well Indeed on 9mm's especially at short range.

take a trip to the range and test it for your self.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve860 said:

He was a gangster, deported from Canada, seems like poetic justice.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/former-b-c-gangster-shot-to-death-in-thailand

Seems he was correct about one thing:-   ... at his immigration hearing, Sandhu acknowledged the risk of gang life: “I know that path is either go to jail or you die,” he said. 

• Like 1

Check the airports. These cowards will try and leave the country because they're scared of getting caught. Won't be hard to find them but good riddance. Indian gang member who probably stole something from another gang member or gang.

30 minutes ago, Cathat said:

a shooting at night could easily go unnoticed.

1/It's chinese new time and strings of fire crackers going off at all hours of the day and night is not uncommon.

2/if a pro hit the weapons were probably silenced.

If it was a pro hit they wouldn't be firing 19 rounds and only hitting with half of them. So no. There was never any danger of a silencer being used.

The reason it was unreported is that people heard it but didn't report it because they don't want to bring trouble onto themselves. That's human nature.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cathat said:

Fire crackers sound exactly like low energy small calibre rounds to most.

They obviously weren't firing "low energy small calibre rounds", like .22's, so it's a meaningless point. ... and sorry, but I've been on quite a few 'ranges' and fired and been on the receiving end of quite a few rounds and there's simply no similarity between fire crackers and pistol rounds.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If it was a pro hit they wouldn't be firing 19 rounds and only hitting with half of them. So no. There was never any danger of a silencer being used.

The reason it was unreported is that people heard it but didn't report it because they don't want to bring trouble onto themselves. That's human nature.

It all depends on what's meant by a "pro hit".

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

and sorry, but I've been on quite a few 'ranges' and fired and been on the receiving end of quite a few rounds

So what your trying to tell us you've had an ND (Negligent discharge) or more than 1 never had one in my 24 years to be honest but my weapon handling drills were so slick Buddy.

Edited by 23RD
Typo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 23RD said:

So what your trying to tell us you've had an ND (Negligent discharge) or more than 1 never had one in my 24 years to be honest but my weapon handling drills were so slick Buddy.

Were you in Rawai yesterday mate? 😎

6 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Umm ... no.

Let's hope your weapon handling skills were more slick than your comprehension skills.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

Were you in Rawai yesterday mate? 

No chance Rob bud have you seen the price off a shortime down there I'll stick to Pattaya 55555

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

comprehension skills.

I was more into Battle skills and drills Bud but if you've any questions you can't find the answers to in your (Novel's ) being a former skill at arms Instructor and being proficient on most weapon systems I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have nothing like getting the answers from a real expert Bud.

Edited by 23RD
Typo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I was more into Battle skills and drills Bud but if you've any questions you can't find the answers to in your (Novel's ) being a former skill at arms Instructor and being proficient on most weapon systems I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have nothing like getting the answers from a real expert Bud.

29 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Sorry, I've got better things to do, "Bud".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Canada deported him but did not take away his Canadian passport ??? Something does not add up here.

The Canadian passport he was using may not have been his and was in a different name.

Presumably if traveling under an Indian passport would have allowed him to slide under the radar without any of his Canadian offenses ever coming to light.

21 minutes ago, Nathan said:

If this happened in the UK and he was positive for Covid-19 at the time of the shooting it would be recorded as a Covid-19 fatality hahaha.

So badly untrue it's not even funny any more.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/definitionofdeathsinvolvingcovid19

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, I've got better things to do, "Bud".

Me to Bud I'm in Soi 6 about to apply the 4 Marksmanship principles on some Bar girls (range paste everywhere).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

They obviously weren't firing "low energy small calibre rounds", like .22's, so it's a meaningless point. ... and sorry, but I've been on quite a few 'ranges' and fired and been on the receiving end of quite a few rounds and there's simply no similarity between fire crackers and pistol rounds.

To someone who has never fired a gun or heard many of them, the sound is just like that of a firecracker. 

A few months ago we were sleeping, and we suddenly heard three loud bang noises. My wife said, who is so stupid to play firecrackers at maybe 5AM? 

- I said, those were gunshots. (I've been many times to the shooting range). 

Next day, we found out a drunk foreigner had been arrested for firing his 9mm gun from his balcony at a different condo tower. 

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Please define what are "battle skills". And by that I dont mean you coming back with a bland statement saying "skills which make you good in a battle". Actually define which skills you need.