News Forum - Thailand wins “most popular destination” and other awards from Chinese travel magazines

Thaiger

22 minutes ago, ctxa said:

You can!

Not to take sites here, but both of your examples had reason, for travelling! Death of father and studying in Europe.

Both is not "usual" tourism.

But you may be right: if people would accept the quarantine, they would have to go through, coming back to china, they may would be able to travel.

Haven't checked for some time, if I could go now (Winter, cold, Olympia, don't want anyway), but last year it did not look good. I thought about going to Beijing, great wall visiting, flying to Europe and coming back Sandboxed. There I got a "no" in the consulate.

49 minutes ago, ctxa said:

You can!

No you cant. Thats pure fiction.

Mass tourism out of China was stopped. Its due to the policies held in China. You and I can agree or disagree about them being the right thing but it is what it is.

China stopped its citizens traveling for the sole purpose of tourism. Its to prevent infection after the mass and strictly enforced lockdowns occurred in China.

If it didn't how do you explain the low numbers of covid infections in China? Why are winter Olympic athletes held inside a bubble to prevent the spread of covid?

Now I can post links to Chinese tourist numbers if you want but we both know thats not needed.

China closed its borders and has not opened them yet.

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No you cant. Thats pure fiction.

Mass tourism out of China was stopped. Its due to the policies held in China. You and I can agree or disagree about them being the right thing but it is what it is.

China stopped its citizens traveling for the sole purpose of tourism. Its to prevent infection after the mass and strictly enforced lockdowns occurred in China.

If it didn't how do you explain the low numbers of covid infections in China? Why are winter Olympic athletes held inside a bubble to prevent the spread of covid?

Now I can post links to Chinese tourist numbers if you want but we both know thats not needed.

China closed its borders and has not opened them yet.

Because once you leave China it’s virtually impossible to go back even for their own citizens. Crazy ticket prices, ridiculous quarantines, millions of medical tests. Who in his right mind will suffer that for the sake of tourism? 

That though, doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to leave the country.

Edited by ctxa

Like most countries, up to date clarity on rules can be challenging to find! It can easily cause confusion and differences in opinion as people discover things from different sites.

Came across the following web page which may help as a starting point for those interested in the subject for China. Only updated last month so it may help. Just understand I have no way to confirm any of what it contains and travel restrictions can change quickly for any country and its citizens.

https://dragontrail.com/resources/blog/chinese-outbound-and-inbound-travel-rules-roundup