News Forum - Thailand wins “most popular destination” and other awards from Chinese travel magazines

Thaiger

Many Chinese travel magazines are calling Thailand a top tourist destination. The Travel Weekly China Award called Thailand “The most anticipated destination- short haul.” WITrip Magazine called it “2021 most popular overseas travel destination.” Online Travel Agent Thong Cheng called it “the most popular destination.” The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has done a lot of work with China’s tourism sector to promote Thailand as a tourist destination. It has made content and written feature articles to promote it. China awarded TAT “best partner” and “excellent partner” honours. This was for its marketing and industry support. In November 2020, Thailand […]

The story Thailand wins “most popular destination” and other awards from Chinese travel magazines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just such a pity for Thailand that the Chinese can't travel.

The Chinese CAN travel. It's returning to China that's painful. Two weeks quarantine and a weeks seclusion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The Chinese CAN travel. It's returning to China that's painful. Two weeks quarantine and a weeks seclusion.

No, the normals can not travel, they will be stopped by immigrarion officers in airport by checking mobile, asking reasons, except you have suffient reason such as employment, family matters, studying, medical. And all those reasons are not 100% guarantee for travelling. The officers can refuse your departure and cut your passport.

Plus, China stopped issue passport for citizens almsot 1 year. BTW, there is 21-day quarantine policy in hotel and 14-day self isolation at home. The cheapest air ticket back to China mainland cost you around 5,000 USD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TimAn said:

No, the normals can not travel, they will be stopped by immigrarion officers in airport by checking mobile, asking reasons, except you have suffient reason such as employment, family matters, studying, medical. And all those reasons are not 100% guarantee for travelling. The officers can refuse your departure and cut your passport.

Plus, China stopped issue passport for citizens almsot 1 year. BTW, there is 21-day quarantine policy in hotel and 14-day self isolation at home. The cheapest air ticket back to China mainland cost you around 5,000 USD.

So, you can and yet you can't all depending on your reasons and whether the IO had his Weetabix this morning?

Last I heard there was north of 200m passport holders in China. This only refers to new travellers.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

So, you can and yet you can't all depending on your reasons and whether the IO had his Weetabix this morning?

Yes, sounds ridiculous but it is the truth. My mom wants her new passport renewed to visit her grandaughter whom she didn't see since she was born, but unfortunately the IO said "don't go to aborad until you have urgent reason". 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Last I heard there was north of 200m passport holders in China. This only refers to new travellers.

Can you travel as a tourist?

Yes or no?

23 minutes ago, TimAn said:

There’s round ticket flights from bangkok to Beijing for around $1000 usd 

Just now, dj230 said:

Try buy it and see what will be happened in next 2 or 3 days. The flight will be cancelled by no means. Don't ask me why I am so sure. Because I tried it on 2020 when I back to CN.  The simplest way to understand, pendemic business. 

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Hong Kong even cheaper, but you've covid to encounter.

2 minutes ago, TimAn said:

Try buy it and see what will be happened in next 2 or 3 days. The flight will be cancelled by no means. Don't ask me why I am so sure. Because I tried it on 2020 when I back to CN.  The simplest way to understand, pendemic business. 

Ah you havent been back since 2020?

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Hong Kong even cheaper, but you've covid to encounter.

You can not take connect flight from HK, if you landed in HK, where you should be quaranteed for 14 days and then you go to Shenzhen for another 21 days quarantee.  Finally you are back to your hometown, where you need 14 days self-isolation and 7 days self-monitoring. All the cost should be covered by yourself. Caculate how many days did we lose for such BS? Forget mention the QR code issued by CN embassy. 2 RT-PCR TESTS at idetified Hospitals by them. 14 days stay in the city you will depart.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Ah you havent been back since 2020?

I am now in bkk since last month. 

33 minutes ago, TimAn said:

2020 was 2 years ago

i know a lot of people from China still travelling I don’t think it’s impossible to travel like you say 

although a lot of the people I know are students from university, I knew a few that were travelling to other countries in asia for vacation over the past 2 years

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dj230 said:

2020 was 2 years ago

Don't I have chinese friends who is in Thailand and wantted go back CN by that time? Or why shall I BS you by all means? There is Circuit Breaker Measures of flight by CAAC. To be guaranteed your flight will not be cancelled, buy a ticket operated by CN Airlines company. 

Don't say you can buy transit flight via third country. You are holding Chinese passport not EU or USA passport. 

Bingo, the best way for you to travel during these days is that you are student. For what you said few, are they business men or riches who has nothing to do but enjoy. Again, here we are talking about normals, most of the chinese ppl earn below 10,000 USD per year. If you have to argue with me by few. Then I have nothing to say but saying you won, congratuations!

Edited by TimAn
supplement

China's zero covid policy makes it more than a pipe dream for most Chinese to travel anywhere. I've no doubt they anticipate traveling to a lot a places 2 years into virtually no travel at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TimAn said:

That's a steaming pile of < nonsense.> Totally untrue. 

Edited by Faz
edited

18 minutes ago, ctxa said:

That's a steaming pile of <nonsense> Totally untrue. 

Then here I am waiting for you cold true <nonsense> come out. I doubt if you understand chinese, I will quote some links prove it.

Edited by Faz
edited quote and reply.

33 minutes ago, TimAn said:

Then here I am waiting for you cold true <nonsense> come out. I doubt if you understand chinese, I will quote some links prove it.

Sure I can speak Chinese, because I lived there for 5 years and I am married to one 😉

A close friend of my wife whose father passed away recently went back to China (doing all the quarantines and paying 30,000 RMB for the flight IIRC), and after 3 weeks in China she returned back to Bangkok, without any questions asked. 

My wife's little cousin recently went to study in my country in Europe, and he applied for the passport in China and had it granted (this was August 2021). 

You're speaking nonsense! 

虽然我是外国人,我当让会讲中文,可能比你还好!= Although I am a foreigner, of course I can speak Chinese, maybe even better than you! 

(I beg the admin not to delete my Chinese text, as I've provided an English translation of it, and I would like this fella to see I can indeed understand Chinese. Hopefully this way I won't be in breach of any rules)

Edited by ctxa

1 minute ago, ctxa said:

Sure I can speak Chinese, because I lived there for 5 years and I am married to one 😉

A close friend of my wife whose father passed away recently went back to China (doing all the quarantines), and after 3 weeks in China she returned back to Bangkok, without any questions asked. 

My wife's little cousin recently went to study in my country in Europe, and he applied for the passport in China and had it granted (this was August 2021). 

虽然我是外国人,我当让会讲中文,可能比你还好!= Although I am a foreigner, of course I can speak Chinese, maybe even better than you!)

Read my posts carefully, words by words next time when you want to argue. We are here talking about travel as tourists. Did any of you mentioned above beyonged what I said? All the reasonable facts that I did miss from my posts? Didn't your wife's friend hold the long-term visa of thailand or TR-Visa. Ask your wife if any chinese now can travel as toursits nowdays

和中国人谈中国政策,你还嫩点,连TM俚语都听不懂还在这装自己中文好呢!==== Talking chinese policy with chinese, you are still naive and you could not even understand slang and pretend you speak better chinese than me!

9 minutes ago, ctxa said:

A close friend of my wife whose father passed away recently went back to China (doing all the quarantines and paying 30,000 RMB for the flight IIRC), and after 3 weeks in China she returned back to Bangkok, without any questions asked. 

虽然我是外国人,我当让会讲中文,可能比你还好!= Although I am a foreigner, of course I can speak Chinese, maybe even better than you! 

(I beg the admin not to delete my Chinese text, as I've provided an English translation of it, and I would like this fella to see I can indeed understand Chinese. Hopefully this way I won't be in breach of any rules)

Can you travel as a tourist? 

Yes or no?

• Haha 1