I’m in Ubon

Philly

I’m in Ubon and it’s hot omg. When you have thai people coming to borrow a fan of you, you know it’s roasting. I bought 2 air coolers because the room we’re staying in just has a fan and no air con. Just wondering is anybody else experiencing the hottest weather I’ve ever experienced 

Obviously I'm not there this year,the four years up to 2020 when I visited at this time of the year were noticeable hotter and drier than the 20 years before.Make of it what you will but it was harder to deal with, especially as I like to walk a lot.I am in the Netherlands and I hardly need to use the central heating.Just as well now my energy costs have gone up 50% in less than a year,and probably going up.

43 minutes ago, Philly said:

I’m in Ubon and it’s hot omg. When you have thai people coming to borrow a fan of you, you know it’s roasting. I bought 2 air coolers because the room we’re staying in just has a fan and no air con. Just wondering is anybody else experiencing the hottest weather I’ve ever experienced 

You think this is hot?

Wait till April.

• Like 1

Still continues to be cold here in the mornings & evenings up here in Isaan.

Sitting outside at the moment, got a sweatshirt & socks on.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Wait till April.

Yup, when the gates of hell open...🔥

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, Philly said:

I’m in Ubon and it’s hot omg

I just looked at the weather for Ubon, it's saying mid-thirties C.
I'm in Udon Thani and the weather is the same. Here's me thinking thank goodness it's getting warmer at last!
I see 20 C or below as freezing, I love the heat.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 7:32 PM, Faraday said:

Still continues to be cold here in the mornings & evenings up here in Isaan.

Sitting outside at the moment, got a sweatshirt & socks on.

Yup, when the gates of hell open...🔥

Where I am I wouldn’t say it’s cold in the mornings but definitely cooler daytimes it’s up there. I’m saving money no socks or sweatshirts needed. The air coolers I bought are a big help. When I came here 7 years ago I took a seizure, heat exhaustion was the doctors report. I’m finding myself with less energy and no one to talk English ffs 😂🙏

52 minutes ago, Philly said:

Where I am I wouldn’t say it’s cold in the mornings but definitely cooler daytimes it’s up there. I’m saving money no socks or sweatshirts needed. The air coolers I bought are a big help. When I came here 7 years ago I took a seizure, heat exhaustion was the doctors report. I’m finding myself with less energy and no one to talk English ffs 😂🙏

18°C at the moment & in addition, I have a scarf on!

As for having less energy, well we're not getting any younger, are we. I definitely feel the cold a lot more. The temperature in London is 10°C, which I would have found very tolerable. Same with my father. He always said his "blood's thin"😂

You'll have to learn Thai, although I've found me brain's a bit potato (slower) these days. I guess we can't all be like our "belle of the ball" @Bluesofa & sapeak Thai...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

As for having less energy, well we're not getting any younger, are we. I definitely feel the cold a lot more. The temperature in London is 10°C, which I would have found very tolerable. Same with my father. He always said his "blood's thin"😂

You'll have to learn Thai, although I've found me brain's a bit potato (slower) these days. I guess we can't all be like our "belle of the ball" @Bluesofa & sapeak Thai...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It's 19°C right now in Udon, I'm here in the bedroom on the laptop with no fan (or AC), but at least with a shirt on I've resisted the temptation to put a jacket on too.

Whadja mean "belle of the ball" - you incinerating I'm batting for the other side?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

It's 19°C right now in Udon, I'm here in the bedroom on the laptop with no fan (or AC), but at least with a shirt on I've resisted the temptation to put a jacket on too.

Whadja mean "belle of the ball" - you incinerating I'm batting for the other side?

I hope you're wearing a tie or a cravat. Got to keep up standards, y'know.

Quite overcast here with a few dark clouds.

My 'umble apologies, I should have written 'beau'.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I hope you're wearing a tie or a cravat. Got to keep up standards, y'know.

Quite overcast here with a few dark clouds.

My 'umble apologies, I should have written 'beau'.

😁

Now Beau Brummell was a dandy.
A hit with the women. The closest I'd ever get is a 'hit' preceded by an 's'.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Faraday said:

I can speak a little bit of thai, google translate is a great help. But to have a conversation it takes ages. When I eventually can speak thai fluently they’ll start speaking Isaan 😂 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Philly said:

I can speak a little bit of thai, google translate is a great help. But to have a conversation it takes ages. When I eventually can speak thai fluently they’ll start speaking Isaan 😂 

You could perhaps have a look here, there's some general info as well a some volcabulary:

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4428-thai-language-thread/

• Thanks 1