News Forum - Thailand’s DDC director says Covid may enter post-pandemic phase this year

Thaiger

As Thailand has seen a downswing of daily new Covid-19 infections, which have remained below 10,000 since the beginning of January, the country’s Department of Disease Control director-general Dr Opas Karnkawinpong says the widespread virus may enter the post-pandemic stage this year. The global outbreak has three stages: pre-pandemic, pandemic, and post-pandemic, the director says, adding that the world may soon pass through the middle phase as over 10 billion vaccine doses have been delivered worldwide, with 115 million doses administered in Thailand. Opas says the Omicron variant may be contained and will eventually turn into a localised or seasonal […]

The story Thailand’s DDC director says Covid may enter post-pandemic phase this year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No wonder so many people distrust public health authorities when they make ridiculous claims like this:

the majority of infections were only reported in small groups of people who were participating in group activities such as dining together.”

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

He also stated that it will take several years of watching the spread of the virus before classifying it as a seasonal disease

2022 will be the golden year for Thai tourism🤔.. I somehow doubt THAT. 

• Like 1

Yip,,,,drop the Thailand Pass,pcr tests.

Simply present you passport, vaccination certificate and that's it!Half the rest of the world is already at that stage,,,,,,,about 3mths time,it must happen.Encourage tourists to stay in hotels ,not rip off hotel &hospital quarantine!

• Like 3

i agree that all these needless restrictions need to be gone!! one  big one is the insurance for people over 74.to began with they wont even sell it to you except for one month!!!yet thai immigration requires you buy it to cover your total visa stay!!!see what i mean?so this excludes any 74 or over who stay longer than 30 days.this should be dropped!!thats keeping many people away from their loved ones.and its almost 2 years now.so i hope they will  consider droping this.chock dee to all.