Tourist visa application <1 month before arrival

FTF020

Hi,

So i'm planning to make a trip to the kingdom about 3 weeks from now. My intention is to stay around 35 days. Now I know I can extend my Visa-on-arrival (or technically the not-a-visa since i'm 30 days exempt) locally for 1900 baht at an immigration office.

I figured it would be easier an cheaper if I just applied for a 60 day tourist visa. I had already registered an account and just now started a new application. However I just noticed in the FAQ that it says you must apply for a visa at least a month before arrival.

Do people here have experience with this limit? Is it a hard limit?

Also should I wait for this application to get approved before applying for Thailand Pass? Or just start that application as if i were travelling for Visa-on-arrival?

Thanks in advance

p.s. I'm in the netherlands, so it's the The Hague embassy that will get the application.

Mine took a week in November. However it was the Washington DC embassy. 

It seems completely tied to your specific location 

Edited by MikeV

3 week planning to obtain a Tourist Visa and successfully apply and obtain the TP is extremely short notice.
You should be applying for the TP in good time at least 3 weeks before your planned arrival date.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, Faz said:

3 week planning to obtain a Tourist Visa and successfully apply and obtain the TP is extremely short notice.
You should be applying for the TP in good time at least 3 weeks before your planned arrival date.

Thai Pass takes 7 days at the high end. My friend for various reasons regarding rescheduling had  to get 3 in the last month. All were fulfilled in the 7 day window they mention. 

The more time the better for sure but it is not necessary 

Edited by MikeV

3 minutes ago, MikeV said:

Thai Pass takes 7 days at the high end. My friend for various reasons regarding rescheduling had  to get 3 in the last month. All were fulfilled in the 7 day window they mention. 

It can take 7 -30 days to obtain a Visa depending where your applying, then the TP, hence starting 3 weeks before your intended date of departure is cutting it fine IMO.

Thanks for the answers guys

i've got almost everything ready to submit and the hotel im in contact with seems pretty responsive, so that shouldn't delay the TP application much.

As for the visa, I can always get in through the 30 day visa exemption so it's not the end of the world if it doesn't get approved in time. But so you're saying it generally does take quite some time :(

edit: to be clear, i don't need to get the STV before applying for the TP, I can do them at the same time and travel even if the visa doesn't get approved

Edited by FTF020

Sooo, that went stupidly fast as well. Submitted everything at 5am CET. When I woke up there was a 10.30am email about incorrect kind of bank statement. Sent them the correct one and got my visa by 5 pm 😯

At least a month prior to departure will be good enough to apply for a Tourist Visa, in addition to that, you get to apply for Thailand Pass and make booking for T& G for both Day 1 & Day 5. Possibility in the next 3-4 months, both Day 1 & Day 5 PCR test will be scrapped out.