News Forum - CNY 2022: Ring in the Year of ‘Thaiger’ with a quiet roar

Thaiger

The Lunar New Year, like its solar counterpart on January 1, is a special time for people to let go of the past and embrace a new and brighter future. The date of Chun Jie (Spring Festival) changes from year to year depending on the Chinese lunar calendar, which determines when the 15-day festival will happen between January 21 and February 20. This year, celebrations begin on February 1, ringing in the Year of the Tiger — or ‘Thaiger’ for all you fans out there — and kicking off 2 weeks of festivities. It ends with the Lantern Festival on […]

The story CNY 2022: Ring in the Year of ‘Thaiger’ with a quiet roar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There I was thinking it was the year of the Wuhan Bat. Thank you Xi and your flunkies for screwing up the planet. China used to be the sick man of Asia, the sooner it returns to that status the better.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Guevara said:

There I was thinking it was the year of the Wuhan Bat. Thank you Xi and your flunkies for screwing up the planet. China used to be the sick man of Asia, the sooner it returns to that status the better.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Then again, you don't have to follow my advice................😃

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Guevara said:

That's rich of you.

It's funny that you criticize China so much, where at least people can make money and live a good life being rich. Even white European foreigners can make a fortune in China, just like I did. 

On the other hand in your beloved Cuba, no matter who you are, unless you belong to the government, you are damned to live in poverty all your life, and that is if you're not gay, which if you were, your idol Che Guevara would come and shoot you for being gay. 😅

Hypocrisy at its best.

Edited by ctxa

3 hours ago, Guevara said:

Still is. The real estate bubble is slowing collapsing with Evergrande and its US $300 billion debt ready to  decimate China's economy.

As battered as Thailand's economy is, it is ready to pounce and to roar back with growth. Covid hasn't damaged Thai infrastructure- the manufacturing plants  are still there. Sure many marginal businesses have suffered, but it is no big loss if the beer bars of Patong and Pattaya have a shakeout. During these tough times, agriculture continued and essential services continued. Yes some people  went hungry and had difficult time, but they were going hungry and having difficult time before Covid.  Yes, some tourism has  declined, but it is also a sector that needed a cull and which has capability of recovering in the shortest time. I predict a big rebound starting 1 month after Songkran. Thailand will be living the year of the Tiger in the last part of the year.

Edited by Vigo

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Then again, you don't have to follow my advice................😃

I'm not holding my breath,i t WILL happen. It will be like Hell Fire Passage only much worse and by stealth. Cha-ochais so far up Xi's arse, he can barely breathe.

6 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I'm not holding my breath,i t WILL happen. It will be like Hell Fire Passage only much worse and by stealth. Cha-ochais so far up Xi's arse, he can barely breathe.

Yes we should all move to Cuba and become the brothers of Che Guevara, cuz he is so kind to everyone specially gays 🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Guevara said:

Dammit. I was literally going to post that it makes a change from Year Of The Plague Bat, and Year Of The Baldface Lying And Scapegoating Rat (Chinese President). I would have thought this year might be Year Of The Swine Flu Pig...