Jump to content

News Forum - NeoCoV could be ‘3 times more lethal’ than Covid-19, if it gains key mutation for human infection


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chinese researchers in Wuhan have sounded the alarm on a species of known bat coronavirus that could potentially be 3 times more fatal than Covid-19, the Public Health Commission stated on Monday. If the virus were to mutate and make its way to human populations, it could turn into “Covid-22” and eventually be crowned “MERS-CoV-2,” PHC Vice Chairman Chalermchai Boonyaleephan said. He also stated that there is a possibility that the symptoms are 3 times as severe as Covid-19, with a death rate potentially 30% higher. Researchers at Wuhan University published their paper last week on the preprint site bioRxiv, […]

The story NeoCoV could be ‘3 times more lethal’ than Covid-19, if it gains key mutation for human infection as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the TV series Station 11 and get prepared.  They call it a fictional post-apocalyptic distopian future. 

Only fiction until it isn't.

We have found the enemy and it is - bats in China again?  WTF

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

sounded the alarm on a species of known bat coronavirus

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaaaaaannnnnddddd he we are again with even more fear mongering propaganda. 

 

Ask yourself why there is a never ending stream of fear being pushed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Watch the TV series Station 11 and get prepared.  They call it a fictional post-apocalyptic distopian future. 

Only fiction until it isn't.

We have found the enemy and it is - bats in China again?  WTF

I believe the article stated that the bats have a South African passport - not Chinese. South African bats currently are barred from entering China.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still believe I'm far more likely to expire like that 71 year old British chap in a a Soi Kao Talo massage Shop than I am from Covid.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Watch the TV series Station 11 and get prepared.  They call it a fictional post-apocalyptic distopian future. 

Only fiction until it isn't.

We have found the enemy and it is - bats in China again?  WTF

Best ask 'Batwoman' of Wuhan for an honest answer. Bit of an oxymoron  honest and Chinese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just remember to wear your mask and be sure to be jabbed up, so you don't end up in a box like the anti-lot.....😛..........🤭

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I believe the article stated that the bats have a South African passport - not Chinese. South African bats currently are barred from entering China.

Has anyone told the South African bats they are not allowed 555

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Has anyone told the South African bats they are not allowed 555

I bet they'll fly in under the radar.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about the CCP just stops messing with these things and everyone's lives in the world whether it secret labs or debt traps or trying to take over a sea that is not theirs to just leaving the country of Taiwan alone. Free Tibet!

Boy it would be nice if China was put back into place before they modernised. Nothing good will ever come from the CCP and would be nice if their people took control of their lives.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

How about the CCP just stops messing with these things and everyone's lives in the world whether it secret labs or debt traps or trying to take over a sea that is not theirs to just leaving the country of Taiwan alone. Free Tibet!

Boy it would be nice if China was put back into place before they modernised. Nothing good will ever come from the CCP and would be nice if their people took control of their lives.

While I agree with what what you're saying, China isn't the first country to be meddling with things outside of their domain.
The UK was just as guilty as many other European countries over the centuries, as well as the US.

'Free Tibet!' with every purchase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Free Tibet!

Haven’t heard that one for a while. I wonder if we’ll even kick up a fuss next time around with “Free Taiwan”? Probably not if we’re still dying from the Wuhan virus, coming soon in new, improved form with even more anti vaxxer cleaning power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I still believe I'm far more likely to expire like that 71 year old British chap in a a Soi Kao Talo massage Shop than I am from Covid.

Careful. @Loong Fred will have you labelled a 'sex pest.'

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing, the CCP pointing fingers at South African bats - much as Omicron was blamed on SA. Shocking that anyone even reports the nonsense that comes out of here now!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RetroGatsby said:

Amazing, the CCP pointing fingers at South African bats - much as Omicron was blamed on SA. Shocking that anyone even reports the nonsense that comes out of here now!

I think this was reported because the Thai government said something about it. Also, you can read the original study for yourself. Obviously, the Chinese have the virus in one of their labs in Wuhan, among their many hundreds or thousands of other terrible viruses we don't know about and can't imagine. The part about this one being from South Africa is a bit of a red herring. Surely China has plenty of deadly homegrown viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2. They just probably want to highlight this one from another country to remind people that deadly viruses don't just come from China. And MERS didn't come from China, either. What we do know is that the Chinese have the ability to perform gain of function techniques on all kinds of viruses, and this one is already in their hands. So if any mutations do happen, we'll know where to point. It won't be at South Africa.

Edited by TravellingThaiGerrr
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use