News Forum - Thailand’s mask mandate still in place, violators face fines up to 20,000 baht – CCSA

Thaiger

Authorities are warning the public that Thailand’s face mask mandate is still in effect with a maximum fine of 20,000 baht for not wearing an appropriate mask in a public place to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration made a post on Facebook, reminding the public of the range of fines for those who do not wear a cloth or medical face mask. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht. A second offence carries a fine between 1,000 baht and 10,000 baht. The third carries a fine between 10,000 baht and 20,000 […]

The story Thailand’s mask mandate still in place, violators face fines up to 20,000 baht – CCSA as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Can a citizen collect from those not wearing a mask?  

I see people every day on Beach road, somehow the police cannot see them even when they walk past thier station on Soi 9 in Pattaya.  Seems again there is an enforcement problem LOL 

TiT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Authorities are warning the public that Thailand’s face mask mandate is still in effect with a maximum fine of 20,000 baht for not wearing an appropriate mask in a public place to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

An no one is bothering the Phuket police on the west coast with this information? They could make a fortune in fines!

• Haha 1

Masking must be stopped immediately. 

The ridiculous assertions that it is effective against a micron sized aerosol virus is sheer stupidity. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

Unfortunately, probably just more bluster from authorities, and a missed revenue opportunity 😉 Needless to say, the anti-mask argument is uninformed. Add to that foreigners who enter the kingdom knowing the rules, then flaunt and complain about the rules... They should be fined double on principal.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

From the looks of some of these mugs on here it actually is a blessing for them to cover up.

Edited by Smithydog
Original quote removed as misinformation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not moral correctness. You should stop throwing around terms your don't understand, or start using them correctly. Otherwise, you will never have credibility. Moreover, masking is the law of the Kingdom (I don't make the rules). That's about as sincere as it gets. Get use to it, or get out of you can't handle it (or pay up if this report is to be believed). Show me just one reputable healthcare system that opposes mask as a key to any strategy to reduce occurances of respiratory infections. You can't. Your argument is in your own mind, and not based on science.

Edited by Smithydog
Original quote removed as misinformation
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cabra said:

It's not moral correctness. You should stop throwing around terms your don't understand, or start using them correctly. Otherwise, you will never have credibility. Moreover, masking is the law of the Kingdom (I don't make the rules). That's about as sincere as it gets. Get use to it, or get out of you can't handle it (or pay up if this report is to be believed). Show me just one reputable healthcare system that opposes mask as a key to any strategy to reduce occurances of respiratory infections. You can't. Your argument is in your own mind, and not based on science.

Sorry, but you are not qualified to determine who is credible. You have your opinion. 

It really does end there. 

But you have a good day and keep up the virtue signaling lectures. 

Just now, Poolie said:

Twitter? Dear God. I've no beef with your assertions but using Twitter for anything other than pictures of your meals lacks credibility. 😃

Well Poolie old bean, it seems a little more honest than main stream media these days. Where do you get your truth from these days, I would struggle to find anywhere that didn't have some sort of an agenda. Sometimes you just have to question 'facts' and not leave yourself open for being lied to ad infinitum.

But back to the mask, does it look a secure way to harness the the vapour we all breathe out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

Your argument is in your own mind, and not based on science.

Some people base their arguments on common sense, look at this and tell me that masks stop respiratory infections.

Another YouTube expert 🤣 Every surgical operating theaters in every country the world over disagrees. I do see vapor escaping a poorly fitted non N95 mask, and someone billowing to push it out unnaturally. Btw, Masking is a competent of a comprehensive strategy that includes distancing. Of course you will never be convinced. But you still have to wear a mask 🤷 don't get fined!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Another YouTube expert 🤣 Every surgical operating theaters in every country the world over disagrees. I do see vapor escaping a poorly fitted non N95 mask, and someone billowing to push it out unnaturally. Btw, Masking is a competent of a comprehensive strategy that includes distancing. Of course you will never be convinced. But you still have to wear a mask 🤷 don't get fined!

We all know the law, that still does not take away the futility of wearing something over the mouth and nose that is as much use as my old underpants trying to contain unwanted gasses escaping.

Some of us don't have to look on the internet to see if it's raining, we just look out of the window. 

• Like 5

Just now, Marble-eye said:

We all know the law, that still does not take away the futility of wearing something over the mouth and nose that is as much use as my old underpants trying to contain unwanted gasses escaping.

Some of us don't have to look on the internet to see if it's raining, we just look out of the window. 

Spot on the money assessment right there. 

Amazing how many people have convinced themselves that a mask could have any real effect on the spread of the micron sized aerosol virus particles. 

Especially given the wide variety of masks and materials that are nothing more than a symbol of the irrational fear that they have been in since the beginning. 

Just now, Transam said:

Please stop crying, and hope that one day you don't have to wear false teeth...😂

But, if you already do, do you every day complain to all and sundry about it...? 🤭

This one is for all the one line Lennie's on here, It must be so difficult to see logic when confronted by it, must refer to my overlords as I am not permitted to think for myself.

20220129_185557.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Some of us don't have to look on the internet to see if it's raining, we just look out of the window

Wise. Because most people who rely on YouTube to make medical arguments are just promoting self-filling proficiencies anyway. Just remember, you can look out the window wearing rose color glasses and everything looks rosie, but what you don't see is what will kill you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Wise. Because most people who rely on YouTube to make medical arguments are just promoting self-filling proficiencies anyway. Just remember, you can look out the window wearing rose color glasses and everything looks rosie, but what you don't see is what will kill you.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the useless bit of paper/cloth some people chose to wear as a badge of superiority.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Spot on the money assessment right there. 

Amazing how many people have convinced themselves that a mask could have any real effect on the spread of the micron sized aerosol virus particles. 

Especially given the wide variety of masks and materials that are nothing more than a symbol of the irrational fear that they have been in since the beginning. 

Another medical expert speaks... the world medical community will be relieved to know you are on the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

There is no legitimate evidence that masks prevent the virus from being transmitted in any truly measurable way

Well guaranteed you will want them wearing masks if you end up in hospital on the operating table, though there being no legitimate evidence for them to do so.

But on another note, with all those complaining and in Thailand, guarantee they will toe the line and wear a mask when getting their VISA Extension.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Authorities are warning the public that Thailand’s face mask mandate is still in effect with a maximum fine of 20,000 baht for not wearing an appropriate mask in a public place to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration made a post on Facebook, reminding the public of the range of fines for those who do not wear a cloth or medical face mask. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht. A second offence carries a fine between 1,000 baht and 10,000 baht. The third carries a fine between 10,000 baht and 20,000 […]

The story Thailand’s mask mandate still in place, violators face fines up to 20,000 baht – CCSA as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think the acceptance of the mask mandate would improve if one would see that there is an added benefit coming out of it. Those cheap mouth covers which according to my observation the vast majority is wearing is not preventing anything - neither not getting infected nor preventing the spreading of the virus in case the bearer is infected. What would be needed to be effective are so-called FFP2 or KN94 masks, but these are not cheap. Also, most masks are single use, but many (I admit: me too) use them more than just once which compromises their effectiveness.

And wearing a mask only makes sense inside and in outside places only if people cannot maintain social distancing. So this mandate is - in my eyes - to a large extent useless.

Ok, I understand, a mask mandate is a mask mandate and everyone needs to abide. However, isn't it a little bit like standing in front of a pedestrian crossing at midnight, the light showing red, and no traffic around whatsoever. Who would wait for the light turn to green before crossing the road?

Same with those masks. I am happy to wear them when it makes sense. But otherwise?

• Like 3

I just spent 3 nights in Bangkok and it wasn't difficult to find Thais not wearing facemasks. I did see one foreigner not wearing a mask and he didn't even have one under his chin. 

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

There is no legitimate evidence that masks prevent the virus from being transmitted in any truly measurable way

There's plenty, all scientific from a number of separate large studies, all quantifiable and from "legitimate" sources such as the BMJ:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/17/wearing-masks-single-most-effective-way-to-tackle-covid-study-finds

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210907/masks-limit-covid-spread-study

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068302

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the useless bit of paper/cloth some people chose to wear as a badge of superiority.

That's rich AF 🤣 Rest assured people are not wearing mask as a badge of  superiority.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well guaranteed you will want them wearing masks if you end up in hospital on the operating table, though there being no legitimate evidence for them to do so.

But on another note, with all those complaining and in Thailand, guarantee they will toe the line and wear a mask when getting their VISA Extension.

Not remotely the same thing. 

But you keep trying 

44 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Partly true, as not everything that people use to cover their nose and mouth with is a FFP2 or FFP3 mask. Those thin-layered do not provide for an appropriate protection. In addition, masks need to be worn properly, and I have witnessed a number of persons just covering their mouth which makes to protection void. So in theory, if everyone would wear their (single use) FF2-mask as prescribed, I agree with you. In practice, only a small minority is complying.

The other question one must ask: seeing that Omikron is distinctively lee lethal than Delta - why not just let it go and let everyone infect themselves? More and more countries are now taking this approach (UK, Spain, Netherlands to name a few) which will provide large portions of the population with an immunisation. Those who have been vaccinated run an overseeable risk to end up in an ICU, and those notoriously refusing to get vaccinated may as well bear the consequences of their decision.

This virus is here to stay, like the influenza virus. We need to learn how to live with it and get our live and personal freedom back.

• Like 2

Masking must be stopped immediately. 

The ridiculous assertions that it is effective against a micron sized aerosol virus is sheer stupidity. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

I agree. I'd like to add to that:  Masks are only for if you happen to cough or sneeze and you want to block the droplets. You can't seriously think that nothing else will get in or out. The hot air I'm breathing out, constantly makes my glasses foggy, air gets out on top and on the side. 

What also can work is coughing or sneezing in your elbow. How we used to do it for the previous few hundred years. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

distancing has never worked either since earliest studies prove the stuff travels eight meters in confined spaces….

• Like 3