News Forum - Beijing sees an increase in Covid-19 cases as Winter Olympics approaches

Thaiger

Just days before the Winter Olympics in Beijing, the Chinese capital reported a spike in Covid-19 cases with Sunday reaching 20 new infections, the highest daily count in the past 18 months. While the number is low in comparison to other cities around the world, neighbours are being sealed off and residents are being screened for Covid-19. A total of 34 cases were reported within the event’s “close loop” bubble including 13 competitors or officials arriving at the airport, according to the organisers of the Olympics. Athletes who tested positive will be able to compete after spending a period in […]

The story Beijing sees an increase in Covid-19 cases as Winter Olympics approaches as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I feel for the poor souls in China who will remain after the Olympics and have to deal with the inevitable lock downs that will come to maintain China's zero covid policy. I'm still thinking China knows something the rest of us don't. And the Wuhan virus lab (these people never stop) just discovered another covid virus in S.Africa named NeoCoV that can only exist in bats (hope they don't engineer that one to escape)... While unable to transmit to humans they say it would kill 1 in every 3 humans infected. Won't see many anti-vaxers if that's ever the case. And while I hate these media headlines, and I'm not a conspiracy guy, it seems something is a foot as if they want us to live in fear or expect Armageddon (probably good for ratings). Problem is, Governments (who are just people), read these same stories, then make decisions that make life unpleasant unnecessarily.

And the real truth is no one knows and will never know if the CCP has their silencing way. I hope this olympics flops hard on them as a complete failure and then the rest of world shuns them and the Russia 
Gov bullies entirely.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2022 at 3:35 PM, HolyCowCm said:

And the real truth is no one knows and will never know if the CCP has their silencing way. I hope this olympics flops hard on them as a complete failure and then the rest of world shuns them and the Russia 
Gov bullies entirely.

Your sure to ruffle some feathers with that one. I entirely agree with you though.

4 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Your sure to ruffle some feathers with that one. I entirely agree with you though.

Probably, as usually does when I say something like that. But no one can make me love the CCP as is quite deep. So I really hope those olympics fail. I will more or less not watch any of them if on TV. But I do like ski jumping I have to say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Probably, as usually does when I say something like that. But no one can make me love the CCP as is quite deep. So I really hope those olympics fail. I will more or less not watch any of them if on TV. But I do like ski jumping I have to say.

Maybe they'll have a test x2 and go? 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:27 PM, Thaiger said:

Just days before the Winter Olympics in Beijing, the Chinese capital reported a spike in Covid-19 cases

So how were the athletes tested …..

Factbox: China's anal tests for coronavirus upset visitors.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-anal-factbox-idUSKBN2AV0Y4

On 1/31/2022 at 2:03 PM, Cabra said:

And while I hate these media headlines, and I'm not a conspiracy guy, it seems something is a foot

Yerrss..right, obviously. 😃

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

China is nuts......period

I’m the most affected by their zero COVID policy as I’ve been trying to go back for quite a long time and it’s just impossible. 

But, in the end, their country their rules.