News Forum - 4th vaccine for 25,000 Suvarnabhumi staffers by end of February

Thaiger

The director of Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport said in a press release today that all 25,000 people working at the main hub of Thailand will receive their fourth vaccination by the end of February. The announcement comes as airports and staff around the country gear up for the reopening of the Test & Go programme in just 2 days. The second booster shot for the airport staff will aid in the safety and health security of the busy travel complex, where employees are randomly tested for Covid-19 every week as well. The initiatives are hoped to boost confidence in the international […]

The story 4th vaccine for 25,000 Suvarnabhumi staffers by end of February as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

25,000 people working at the main hub of Thailand will receive their fourth vaccination by the end of February.

Sometimes you get what is called "the law of unintended consequences"  Perhaps this is wise but for years the medical community has warned of overdosing medicines particularly antibiotics because it builds up resistance in the disease and leads to mutations. 

I have already seen some virologists warning that all the vaccine dosage might encourage such mutation and that it could cause the bodies own immune system to not fight the coronavirus as well if the person was vaccinated so often as to not fight the disease given that its immune system was so inundated with vaccines that it becomes normalized. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This idea of a fourth dose (in a 12 month span) of existing vaccine formulations is pure madness. There is little proof this will help, and even less data on the potential long term affects. #moreisnotalwaysbetter

• Like 6

Are they really 4th doses? I have witnessed 5% Dextrose with a higher efficacy level than Sinovac therefore the individuals who had 2 doses of Sinovac are effectively starting from scratch. Thank you CCP!

• Like 2

Immunology is already showing that a 4th dose has an efficacy that is barely 5 weeks in duration as well as weakening natural immunity. They may as well inject Gatorade energy drink. Very foolish decision.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Immunology is already showing that a 4th dose has an efficacy that is barely 5 weeks in duration as well as weakening natural immunity. They may as well inject Gatorade energy drink. Very foolish decision.  

Any link for that for any vaccines, let alone 2 x Sinovac followed by 2 x Pfizer which is what the vast majority will have?

On 1/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, longwood50 said:

Sometimes you get what is called "the law of unintended consequences"  Perhaps this is wise but for years the medical community has warned of overdosing medicines particularly antibiotics because it builds up resistance in the disease and leads to mutations. 

I have already seen some virologists warning that all the vaccine dosage might encourage such mutation and that it could cause the bodies own immune system to not fight the coronavirus as well if the person was vaccinated so often as to not fight the disease given that its immune system was so inundated with vaccines that it becomes normalized. 

I don't recall the  "medical community" warning anyone about not having so many Tetanus jabs, and the billions who've had them had five jabs as the 'initial' dose.

That doesn't seem to have done them much harm.

23 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Any link for that for any vaccines, let alone 2 x Sinovac followed by 2 x Pfizer which is what the vast majority will have?

Quoting Immunologist Professor Robert Clancy. It's more educational rather than political but link attached.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, Cabra said:

This idea of a fourth dose (in a 12 month span) of existing vaccine formulations is pure madness. There is little proof this will help, and even less data on the potential long term affects. #moreisnotalwaysbetter

I think you'll find there's quite a lot of data on the long term effects of multiple initial Tetanus jabs and the like - rather more difficult for there to be much data on the long term effects of vaccines that have only been around for a year.

I'm not sure that  waiting ten or twenty years for that data to be available would be such a good idea ...

On 1/30/2022 at 6:34 PM, Guevara said:

Are they really 4th doses? I have witnessed 5% Dextrose with a higher efficacy level than Sinovac therefore the individuals who had 2 doses of Sinovac are effectively starting from scratch. Thank you CCP!

Exactly.

Along with medical workers these were amongst the first to be vaccinated here and the vast majority had 2 x Sinovac.

It would be unforgivable to deny them the same protection that many others have.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

I don't recall the  "medical community" warning anyone about not having so many Tetanus jabs, and the billions who've had them had five jabs as the 'initial' dose.

That doesn't seem to have done the. much harm.

No real need for extra/additional Tetanus jabs as these vaccines work. The Inoculation's efficacy lasts 10 years.

To me, it seems numerous reports from Israel and the US are showing substantial reduction and hence why I and possibly others feel the vaccines are ineffective and boosters are needed to increase the efficacy and maintain pharmaceutical profits.

Edited by Smithydog
Removed possible unsupported text and rephrased as an opinion
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stonker said:

That doesn't seem to have done them much harm.

I think you will find that it is Rabies that has an initial series of five shots. I believe Tetanus is only three.

Tetanus boosters are then given a further 10 years later.  That would be 4 shots in 10 years unlike the Covid vaccine.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

No real need for extra/additional Tetanus jabs as these vaccines work.

Well, yes ... but only after you've had three jabs, four weeks apart, then another three years later!

32 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Numerous reports from Israel and the US are showing substantial reduction and hence why folk like Dr. Fauci have admitted the vaccines are ineffective and boosters are needed to increase the efficacy and maintain pharmaceutical profits

That's simply untrue - Dr fauci didn't 'admit the vaccines are ineffective' - that remark was taken out of context, and nobody knew how may doses would be required.

Your suggestion that vaccines are being kept deliberately ineffective in order to "maintain pharmaceutival profits" is simply not worth wasting time responding to given the competition to develop effective vaccines worldwide.

18 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I think you will find that it is Rabies that has an initial series of five shots. I believe Tetanus is only three.

Tetanus boosters are then given a further 10 years later.  That would be 4 shots in 10 years unlike the Covid vaccine.

That was why I put 'initial' in commas - Tetanus is a course of five injections, with the first three at 8, 12 and 16 weeks, then another at around 3 years and 4 months and the fifth at age 14.

Rabies is three doses spread over 28 days (14 day intervals).

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Your suggestion that vaccines are being kept deliberately ineffective in order to "maintain pharmaceutival profits" is simply not worth wasting time responding to

And yet you’ve just spent time responding to it. Or rather disparaging it. Why even bother then?

42 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Numerous reports from Israel and the US are showing substantial reduction and hence why folk like Dr. Fauci have admitted the vaccines are ineffective and boosters are needed to increase the efficacy and maintain pharmaceutical profits.

Pharmaceutical companies the world over are rubbing their hands together at the bonanza that awaits for years to come. I wonder what the high level discussions at boardroom level entail. How to end the pandemic? Or how to maximize revenue from it? 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

Quoting Immunologist Professor Robert Clancy. It's more educational rather than political but link attached.

I think you may mean more political than educational!

Professor Clancy is rather "controversial", if that's the right word, as an ardent supporter of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

Newcastle University, where he had previously worked, put out rather a strong statement not just distancing themselves but pretty effectively trashing his reputation:

"While the University always respects freedom of speech, Robert Clancy is not speaking on behalf of the University of Newcastle when offering his opinion on this issue," Professor Zelinski said.

"The University has not funded his research since 2009 and he retired in 2013.

"The University does not consider Robert Clancy a subject matter expert on COVID-19."

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7111340/newcastle-uni-says-professor-backing-kelly-virus-claims-not-an-expert/

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Your suggestion that vaccines are being kept deliberately ineffective in order to "maintain pharmaceutival profits" is simply not worth wasting time responding to given the competition to develop effective vaccines worldwide

I would be fairly sure that they, like most other companies decide on the best time for them to release a product, to maximize profit. 

Are some of the vaccines not full strength..?

Well, that's in CCC territory.....

Pfizer have already achieved $50 billion in Covid vaccine sales.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

And yet you’ve just spent time responding to it. Or rather disparaging it. Why even bother then?

Sorry, but I'm really not interested in yet another childish p1ssing up the wall competition.

16 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Pharmaceutical companies the world over are rubbing their hands together at the bonanza that awaits for years to come. I wonder what the high level discussions at boardroom level entail. How to end the pandemic? Or how to maximize revenue from it?

Thank you for making your position and your objectivity about this clear.

4 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Well, that's in CCC territory.....

That, unfortunately, now appears to be the entire board.

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I would be fairly sure that they, like most other companies decide on the best time for them to release a product, to maximize profit. 

Exactly. None have a monopoly, and all are out to make the maximum profit they can as they're not charities. If any one has a fully effective, long term vaccine and they delay until a competitor releases theirs on the market they will have lost an enormous amount - financially it would simply make no sense at all.

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think you may mean more political than educational!

Professor Clancy is rather "controversial", if that's the right word, as an ardent supporter of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

Newcastle University, where he had previously worked, put out rather a strong statement not just distancing themselves but pretty effectively trashing his reputation:

"While the University always respects freedom of speech, Robert Clancy is not speaking on behalf of the University of Newcastle when offering his opinion on this issue," Professor Zelinski said.

"The University has not funded his research since 2009 and he retired in 2013.

"The University does not consider Robert Clancy a subject matter expert on COVID-19."

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7111340/newcastle-uni-says-professor-backing-kelly-virus-claims-not-an-expert/

Strip that professorship now. 

• Haha 2

Just now, oldschooler said:

Strip that professorship now. 

Most just talk about freedom of speech and not representing their views ... Newcastle went out of their way to go a lot further than that.

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

The vaccines have lessened hospitalization but numerous grey areas exist that cannot be denied.

... and that's all they've done?  Not saved anyone's lives and allowed billions of people to return to a more normal existence?  Seriously?

I think we're drifting off topic, but the CCC appears to be all encompassing now.

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I have often asked why Governments and NGO supported Institutions are so keen to exploit profits and influence people to get additional shots of a short lasting partial aid rather then promoting the health of the citizens.

And what answer did you come up with about how they could go about "promoting the health of the citizens" without input from pharmaceutical companies and, at the moment, Covid vaccines and treatment as they develop them?

Maybe encouraging them to follow a healthier diet? I doubt that would have much effect in the time it's taken for Covid to spread.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

I think you'll find there's quite a lot of data on the long term effects of multiple initial Tetanus jabs and the like - rather more difficult for there to be much data on the long term effects of vaccines that have only been around for a year.

I'm not sure that  waiting ten or twenty years for that data to be available would be such a good idea ...

It's still too much too fast -- in my opinion (and I'm fully juiced and boosted).  Particularly since we know with certainty that the current formulations are not sufficient against the latest variants, and all the vax makers are working on new formulations due out in the spring. Look, I'm ok with annual flu shots (have been for years), and Covid is shaping up to no different in that regard. But 4 eff'ing doses in a 12 month period. MADNESS!

• Like 2