News Forum - COVID-19 SUNDAY: 12 deaths, over 2.4 million total infections

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 8,444 new Covid-19 infections, down 174 since yesterday, and 12 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 7 from yesterday. Since April 1, 2021, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, today the country surpassed 2.4 million infections with a total of 2,403,661 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. 22,157 total deaths have been recorded from the pandemic. Over the course of January, daily Covid-19 infections have taken a sharp rise as the Omicron variant hit Thailand and began to spread rapidly. Now at the end of the first month of 2022, daily infection rates rise and fall […]

The story COVID-19 SUNDAY: 12 deaths, over 2.4 million total infections as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

I wonder how long the overblown fear mongering will continue? 

How long have you got? 😄

It's almost every bloody thread.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Quoting a list of figures, which you have a choice not to read, is hardly 'fear mongering'.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TimothyN said:

Quoting a list of figures, which you have a choice not to read, is hardly 'fear mongering'.

Yes, it clearly is just that. 

It has been since the beginning. 

Especially given the fact that they refuse to report dying of covid versus dying due to underlying issues that already weakened their immune systems 

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I suspect at least until these numbers reach the endemic thresholds laid out by the government last week... Until then get used to it, or stop clicking and reading. 

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

I suspect at least until these numbers reach the endemic thresholds laid out by the government last week... Until then get used to it, or stop clicking and reading. 

So arbitrarily made up figures are what you think should be used to continue to destroy people's lives, businesses and finances. 

That just isn't justified in any way. 

If they don’t report the numbers then they have no reason to continue rules providing little benefit and can’t control the population. Oh yeah and go get your 3rd and 4th shot that stops covid without preventing disease. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

So arbitrarily made up figures are what you think should be used to continue to destroy people's lives, businesses and finances. 

It's not up to me. THA authorities decides these things. Not much anyone can do about that. Continue your hand wringing if it pleases you. I'm living my life regardless.

• Like 2

Just now, Cabra said:

It's not up to me. THA authorities decides these things. Not much anyone can do about that. Continue your hand wringing if it pleases you. I'm living my life regardless.

I am not hand wringing. 

I know a completely unnecessary arbitrarily made up set of rules thing when I see it. 

5 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Especially given the fact that they refuse to report dying of covid versus dying due to underlying issues that already weakened their immune systems 

That's exactly what they're reporting here - those who die with Covid as a contributory factor on the death certificate.  In simple terms, those who wouldn't have died when they did had it not been for Covid.

That's how Covid deaths are reported in every country.

That doesn't include those who died where Covid was simply mentioned in the death certificate but it wasn't a contributory factor, for example if they died in a traffic accident.

While some countries keep count of deaths where Covid was the only factor on the death certificate, it's not published with Covid figures as it would obviously be badly deceptive as it would exclude all those who had any underlying illnesses, from diabetes to hypertension.

In my experience, so only anecdotal but it's supported elsewhere and you check your own relatives' death certificates to get an idea, you only get a 'single' factor on a death certificate, whether it's Covid or a gunshot, in around ten percent of cases.

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

They're not "arbitrarily made up".

I'm not pretending they're strictly accurate, but they're the best available and supported by other 'knowns' such as excess deaths and tests of hospital admissions.

More testing wouldn't get you a more accurate number of cases unless you tested everyone in the country every week, as you'd inevitably test those who wanted to be tested who are probably the least likely to need testing, but currently everyone admitted to hospital is tested on admission and again on discharge which at least tests a cross section and gives a direct comparison with numbers a month ago and in a months time to see if the trend's up or down.

It's not perfect, but it's as good as it can realistically get and is an accurate indicator.

Similarly deaths - it's possible there's some over reporting if someone was dying of stage 4 cancer and it's arguable if Covid made much difference, but at the same time not everyone dies in a hospital and most dying at home don't have an autopsy or get tested for Covid, so a lot of Covid deaths could go unreported.

It's a balance, and it works both ways.

Again, as with case numbers, it's not perfect but it's an accurate indicator.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

If they don’t report the numbers then they have no reason to continue rules providing little benefit and can’t control the population. Oh yeah and go get your 3rd and 4th shot that stops covid without preventing disease. 

I know from your previous posts that you won't accept the evidence, but all the evidence is that restrictions such as mask wearing, which very few object to here, do "provide a benefit".

... and why would anyone want to "control the population" by, for example, closing bars and restaurants and limiting concerts?

How can making people angrier and more frustrated possibly make them more easy to "control"?

Think it through and it just makes no sense at all.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

From two years on, one needs to question the numbers worldwide. 

48 minutes ago, Rain said:

From two years on, one needs to question the numbers worldwide. 

Except in China where it seems entirely reasonable that 4,650.57 people died from Covid🥸😆 or India where they stopped counting after 342.😂😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Except in China where it seems entirely reasonable that 4,650.57 people died from Covid🥸😆 or India where they stopped counting after 342.😂😎

The 0.57 of a person shows a simple jealousy. Let me guess. You don't believe it?

Ask the newly arriving Olympians.

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

8 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Yes, it clearly is just that. 

It has been since the beginning. 

Why is there a difference? You either die of Covid, or you die because Covid exploited or exasperated a persons underlying health problems. Had they not caught Covid they would have lived perhaps for many many more years. An example would be dying when you catch Covid and have Diabetes. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

The 0.57 of a person shows a simple jealousy. Let me guess. You don't believe it?

Ask the newly arriving Olympians.

unlike the various CCP apologists here, I have never been inclined to believe propaganda ( I.e. anything) from murdering tyrants.  If CCP or Russia or Iran said water is wet I would want independent corroboration…..absurd CCP Covid Deaths a perfect case in point.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Today, the CCSA reported 8,444 new Covid-19 infections, down 174 since yesterday, and 12 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 7 from yesterday. Since April 1, 2021, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, today the country surpassed 2.4 million infections with a total of 2,403,661 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. 22,157 total deaths have been recorded from the pandemic. Over the course of January, daily Covid-19 infections have taken a sharp rise as the Omicron variant hit Thailand and began to spread rapidly. Now at the end of the first month of 2022, daily infection rates rise and fall […]

The story COVID-19 SUNDAY: 12 deaths, over 2.4 million total infections as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wonder how many daily tests are administered in Thailand as this figure would allow to put the number of detected infections in perspective. 

Second thought: isn't it time to get a bit more relaxed about the Omikron infection numbers given the fact that that it is less deadly than Delta albeit being more contagious?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I reckon they are grossly understating the real situation. Especially considereding Thailand very low double-vaxxed rates. Not "FEAR MONGERING", just an opinion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

Why is there a difference? You either die of Covid, or you die because Covid exploited or exasperated a persons underlying health problems. Had they not caught Covid they would have lived perhaps for many many more years. An example would be dying when you catch Covid and have Diabetes. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? 

It makes a difference because many people passed away from their underlying conditions, and a flu would have been just as bad as a covid virus. Add to that the cases counted as a covid hospitalization when they were in the hospital for another reason, then caught it. 

If you can't fathom the difference between dying of covid than dying with covid, then there is no way to further the discussion. 

75% of all counted deaths are over 65. We have vaccines to reduce their chances of losing their lives. 

Get over it, open up everything everywhere and let people live. 

Screenshot_20220131_051416.jpg

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

How can making people angrier and more frustrated possibly make them more easy to "control"?

Because someone or something will come along to ease their fears & it will be immediately welcomed.

A saviour in some ways.

When's the universal Covid jab coming?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

It makes a difference because many people passed away from their underlying conditions, and a flu would have been just as bad as a covid virus. Add to that the cases counted as a covid hospitalization when they were in the hospital for another reason, then caught it. 

If you can't fathom the difference between dying of covid than dying with covid, then there is no way to further the discussion. 

75% of all counted deaths are over 65. We have vaccines to reduce their chances of losing their lives. 

Get over it, open up everything everywhere and let people live. 

Screenshot_20220131_051416.jpg

I have to wear a mask at the gym and would have to take a PCR test to enter the United States. All so I protect my 80 year old neighbor who smoked a pack of cigarettes everyday for 60 years and gets admitted to the hospital every three months with COPD. 

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

No need for the attitude mate. I simply asked a question. 

Now you have explained that you believe flu would have impacted people with underlying health conditions just the same as Covid then I can understand your point. I may not agree with it, but I see where you are coming from. 

The fact remains however, that until the recent outbreak of Omicron, covid remained a far more dangerous virus to contract than influenza. The numbers are there for all to see. Now we have a dominant strain like Omicron which appears less lethal and high levels of vaccination/previous infections in the community, then I agree. Now is the time to ease restrictions and open up just as many countries already have. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Soidog said:

No need for the attitude mate. I simply asked a question. 

Now you have explained that you believe flu would have impacted people with underlying health conditions just the same as Covid then I can understand your point. I may not agree with it, but I see where you are coming from. 

The fact remains however, that until the recent outbreak of Omicron, covid remained a far more dangerous virus to contract than influenza. The numbers are there for all to see. Now we have a dominant strain like Omicron which appears less lethal and high levels of vaccination/previous infections in the community, then I agree. Now is the time to ease restrictions and open up just as many countries already have. 

Thailand has done a pretty good job of balancing priorities. Restrictions on places that have high potential to spread the virus, like places where people congregate closely, bars and entertainment places are critical. Whereas open air places where people are spread out are less so. Immigration restrictions are also critical and not essential for most Thais. Loosening restrictions need to be done ĺogically in the best way to benefit the Thai people. Benefitting visitors is pretty low down on the priority, I would assume.

• Like 1