News Forum - Philippines reopens Feb 10 for the vaccinated from most countries

Thaiger

After nearly 2 years of closed borders due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Philippines plans on reopening to some fully vaccinated tourists on February 10.  Officials made the announcement today that travellers from most countries will finally be allowed to enter, after plans to reopen on December 1 were scrapped due to the spread of the Omicron variant. The announcement to reopen will allow fully vaccinated travellers from 157 countries who were previously permitted to enter the country without a visa before the pandemic to resume travel to the Philippines from February 10. Unlike Thailand’s complex relaunch of the Test […]

The story Philippines reopens Feb 10 for the vaccinated from most countries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Robosibbo said:

Hopefully Thailand will take note and relax all these testing restrictions

I agree 100%, take note or potentially lose a lot of tourists.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The country recognised that its domestic transmission rate was higher than many other countries, so it made no sense to restrict travellers from those safer countries

Something the average Joes have been telling for ages world wide. These nutheads are starting to figure it out now, after 2 years

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Burapha said:

I agree 100%, take note or potentially lose a lot of tourists.

What "lot of tourists"?

The numbers even to countries that have no restrictions are minimal, as most people are either unable to travel or have more sense at the moment.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Come on Thailand, open up or else you will lose a lot of tourists since everybody I've known already started booking in the Philippines.

and much cheaper in Phils. .   and they are not so rude agaisnt foreigners but love white.  - not many place they do that in these days, ,    

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, totes said:

This is great news!   Canceling my trip to Thailand this week and booking a Philippine holiday!   🇵🇭  😅 🏝 

Good call, Efffing Thailand

• Like 3

Agree with Totes, I was seriously thinking of going to Thailand next month even with the horrendous and complicated entry requirements. On hearing this news, I’ve now arranged to meet up with Australian friends in Philippines for a month, we’ve done 3 Thai trips a year for the last 20 years,there are 4 of us so Thailand will lose up to B600,000.

• Like 6

At  least they  have some brains there  unlike  Thailand  

The country recognised that its domestic transmission rate was higher than many other countries, so it made no sense to restrict travellers from those safer countries from entering the Philippines.

• Like 1

The problem is flights.  What is available right now is expensive for me.  It's going to take awhile for that to get going again.   I also want to see more details on what happens if I test positive.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

At  least they  have some brains there  unlike  Thailand  

The country recognised that its domestic transmission rate was higher than many other countries, so it made no sense to restrict travellers from those safer countries from entering the Philippines.

THis is the best quote I have seen. Common sense has prevailed in the Philippines!

• Like 3

A legitimate option for a vacation. The problem with Thailand is all the testing. For someone only visiting for 2-4 weeks it's a huge risk. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CharlesW said:

Agree with Totes, I was seriously thinking of going to Thailand next month even with the horrendous and complicated entry requirements. On hearing this news, I’ve now arranged to meet up with Australian friends in Philippines for a month, we’ve done 3 Thai trips a year for the last 20 years,there are 4 of us so Thailand will lose up to B600,000.

Tough luck for efffingg Thailand, they will lose a lot of tourists, none of our concern.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

What "lot of tourists"?

The poster referred to “potentially” a lot of tourists and I agree. What “lot of tourists”? What we see as potential numbers. 

The numbers even to countries that have no restrictions are minimal,

Please provide a link to demonstrate this assertion. And how do you define ‘minimal’? What criteria do you consider to arrive at the adjective ‘minimal’?

most people are either unable to travel

Again, by “most people”, are you referring to 51% of human beings on the planet, in which case you would be correct and disingenuous OR are you referring to those interested in international travel, in which case you’d just be plain wrong. Which is it?

or have more sense at the moment.

So are you saying that travelers as a rule have less sense than people who do not travel? How do you arrive at this opinion? 

• Like 2

The procedure to get a visa to visit Thailand for more than 30 days is way too complicated. After visiting Thailand 40-50 times in the last 40 years I will try the Philippines for the first time. It is much easier to get a long stay visa there.

• Like 3

And now the Philippines opens to most countries of the world on February 10th. Should have seen this coming Thailand….. how many times have the comments on hear pointed this out. 

No sandbox and no test and go, in fact nothing, zilch, nada, noooo hoops, but a pre departure test. Best re-think pretty quick Thailand, or a major percentage of your tourist market, just went out the window for 2022. 

Oh forgot to mention there is one snag for the unvaccinated. Not vaccinated, can’t go.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Graham said:

I have a question for the idiots in charge, if I come to Thailand fully vaxed 3 doses, I have my prescription flight PCR test (negative result), get my day 1 PCR test in an overpriced room (negative result again) then I go to my home and just enjoy life until the day 5 test, I again go to the overpriced hotel which has already been paid for, get my 3rd PCR test, now the fun starts, test comes back positive, does this mean I can sue the Thai government because I go Covid in Thailand due to their stupid rules and regulations  ?

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

After nearly 2 years of closed borders due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Philippines plans on reopening to some fully vaccinated tourists on February 10.  Officials made the announcement today that travellers from most countries will finally be allowed to enter, after plans to reopen on December 1 were scrapped due to the spread of the Omicron variant. The announcement to reopen will allow fully vaccinated travellers from 157 countries who were previously permitted to enter the country without a visa before the pandemic to resume travel to the Philippines from February 10. Unlike Thailand’s complex relaunch of the Test […]

The story Philippines reopens Feb 10 for the vaccinated from most countries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Finally someone has understood. So eventually the Philippines will take away tourism business from Thailand. Let's see how long Thailand will upkeep its current entry regime, given that there undoubtly be a lot of pressure from the Thai tourism industry.

• Like 3

Phillipines probably was studying what Thailand was doing with their entry program and realized that it was not going to work. Also, Phillipines does not have the infrastructure to handle such an organized entry program. A test before departure and vacinnation card should be for all countries and just open up!

• Like 3