News Forum - British journalist documents beer-fuelled parties with Covid patients at Phuket quarantine hotel

Thaiger

19 hours ago, Rain said:

Journalist? 

Hmmm....

One would think that a real journalist would be pursuing things much more worthy. 

Man farts on the  moon?

22 hours ago, TimAn said:

Seems like you empathy with all those so called "Hospitels" . As you mentioned, they have no clue and qualified to be a quarantine facilities. However they became hospitel by corruption with local authorities. 

Supposed the loss of last two years with lack of tourists plus the big amount of cash to the authorities. All those comes to the expensive bills payed by innocent tourists. Besides  thais releated to tourism consider foreigners are so fxxking rich. Have you ever seen the two version menus in restraunt written in Thai and English which the english menus are double priced? No you won't cuz you can't either speak or read thai.

Qoute from Stanislaw Jerzy Lec "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible"

I'm not sure if you live here, but welcome to the forum. What a nice first posts.

You're quite presumptive about my Thai. Actually, it's conversational but I work to improve it daily. My partners' is very good ;)

The way it works in this decade is that restaurants and businesses will make local discount offers in Thai via FB or Line. You book in advance and enjoy that pricing or deal. The businesses that I support have no problem with us taking up offers, because they know I'll be back time and time again and indeed am. There you learned something new today.

Edited by Artemis080
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, Soidog said:

What would you suggest? If during a pandemic reporting on peoples safety isn’t seen as worthy, then what is? Just asking. 

The dirty foreigners were having fun. You should know that entertainment places spread covid, but if you're already positive your ok. 

Best to stay out of bars/restaurants,  bars with or without music , or entertainment places. These places only spend covid and other diseases.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

The dirty foreigners were having fun. You should know that entertainment places spread covid, but if you're already positive your ok. 

Best to stay out of bars/restaurants,  bars with or without music , or entertainment places. These places only spend covid and other diseases.

I've spent hours in bars over the years and not caught a thing. Is it a new phenomenon built over the last two years? Is it because I'm a clean foreigner?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

I've spent hours in bars over the years and not caught a thing. Is it a new phenomenon built over the last two years? Is it because I'm a clean foreigner?

Guess so.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, CamPat said:

What do you expect from British ? They just follow their PM Boris Johnson. 

They're a sneaky lot. Spilling the beans on others having fun.