Getting a booster in Bangkok

Stevejm

I thought I would share my experience in booking a booster jab in Bangkok. I first tried booking through the Que Que app which was inconvenient because it only accepts thai id numbers. I used the temporary id assigned to me when I got my initial jabs which seemed to work okay but I couldn’t get an appointment until early March . I then tried booking through the DTAC booking service and that was much more convenient. I could use my passport number. Initial registration went through straight away then I tried to book an appointment on 3 February. I got an sms back saying that I should get a confirmation back within 2 hours if a search of the government vaccination database matched my data input. 10 minutes later I got an sms confirming my appointment date and time with a link to a QR code that I need to show on the appointment date. I also made a booking for my girlfriend on the same date by inputting her id card and mobile number. I recommend using the dtac service over quque app. I think ais have a similar service. Note you don’t need to be a customer to use the service.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, Stevejm said:

Que Que

I see that it is possible to enter passport number in this app and it is accepted. However, I can't find available options for Phuket there.

58 minutes ago, Zmicier said:

I see that it is possible to enter passport number in this app and it is accepted. However, I can't find available options for Phuket there.

Try going through DTAC at the following link. Bear in mind that in order to be able to register for a booster you would have to have been vaccinated in Thailand and your information be registered in the government vaccination database.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

1 hour ago, Zmicier said:

Do you mean this app? I see many apps related to dtac. As far as I understand, I need a local phone number to use it.

No the app that I tried unsuccessfully was QueQ. It seemed to work but I couldn’t get an appointment until March. To use the DTAC service use the following link.
https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

If you haven’t got a Thailand mobile number then I would assume that you are not resident here and you probably can’t use the service. Hope this helps.

Edited by Stevejm