News Forum - China donates US$19.5 million worth military equipment to Philippines

Thaiger

Last week, China allocated the Philippines US$19.5 million in military equipment as part of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s vow to help the Philippines government with not only anti-narcotics and anti-terrorism efforts, but also disaster relief missions. China has helped the Philippines modernise its military in recent years by sending high-capacity weaponry and equipment to support ongoing missions despite tensions in the South China Sea. The first US$11 million shipments of military aid landed in the capital of Manila on January 16, according to the Philippine Department of National Defense, including rescue and relief gear for the country’s military forces. Drone […]

The story China donates US$19.5 million worth military equipment to Philippines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Are the Philippines getting closer to China, in the Spratly Islands dispute? Or is China working them now? 

A little from column A, a little from column B. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

We'll find out soon enough.

Well we know it ain’t a submarine …… 20 million is a pittance when dealing with military arms, just ask the Thai government. The Phillipines defence budget last year was 4.4 billion US dollars, 2.5 billion less than Thailand. Maybe it could flesh out a few brown envelopes within the government.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Nothing donated would be of much value against the country most likely to attack them which is China.

China hasn't attacked anyone in 50 years.  What basis do you have for saying that, if I may be so bold? 😃

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Poolie said:

China hasn't attacked anyone in 50 years.  What basis do you have for saying that, if I may be so bold? 😃

They are attacking democracy in Hong Kong at the moment. And their actions against the Oigoers and Nepal aren't so nice either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hong Kong is their city to do  as they see fit, has been for 20 odd years. They've just had democratic elections and formed the new Government yesterday. In Xinjiang, where the Uighers live, their  Gdp went up 7% last year (2021) so there's no 'genocide' and only the wrong-doers are locked up, Nepal I dont know, do tell. 😃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Hong Kong is their city to do  as they see fit, has been for 20 odd years. They've just had democratic elections and formed the new Government yesterday. In Xinjiang, where the Uighers live, their  Gdp went up 7% last year (2021) so there's no 'genocide' and only the wrong-doers are locked up, Nepal I dont know, do tell. 😃

Wow, GDP is proof of no genocide? Well, color me relieved. 

I can stop believing Amnesty International's reports now. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2021/06/china-draconian-repression-of-muslims-in-xinjiang-amounts-to-crimes-against-humanity/

But then again maybe all that unpaid slave, er I mean, 'volunteer' Uyghur labor helps the GDP? ;-) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

If you believe this post I have a bridge for sale in Sydney.... 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Poolie said:

Sounding like a CCP troll now

I guess you have been to Xinjiang to see for yourself  and also where monituring the "democratic" elections in HK

9 hours ago, Poolie said:

Great post, Poolie, you really know your stuff.

Love the bit about the Uighers - bunch of crinimals they are.

*For the deaf, this sarcastic post is available in Braille*

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Poolie said:

Vietnam? And tension is often very high on the border with India.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Are the Philippines getting closer to China, in the Spratly Islands dispute? Or is China working them now? 

China's obviously trying to buy their way into all that area -the Spratly Islands, Scarborough Shoal, etc., which they don't own, but claim they do.
In the meantime build your own island in that area and put your military on it.

(From the link below:)
[quote]
China has constructed a series of artificial islands throughout the area. These artificial islands are a showcase of Chinese engineering, and this muscle-flexing has provoked strong reactions from China’s neighbors in the region, particularly the Philippines, which brought a suit against China to the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague. On July 12, 2016, the international tribunal ruled against China, however, the superpower refused to acknowledge the decision or even the court’s jurisdiction.
[endquote]

source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/chinas-artificial-islands-news-rumors/  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PI will take your gift China. But I don't see them ever kowtowing to anyone, not PI. Just my opinion. 

"Do not trust enemies who bring you presents — they could very well be playing a trick."

-- Laocoon in the story of the Trojan horse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

however, the superpower refused to acknowledge the decision or even the court’s jurisdiction.

That they have learned, if I am not confusing that, from the USA. Or not?

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Out come all the western propagandists, and they mock China for the same thing! 😁

I’ve never mocked any nation 

I stand up for all , unlike yourself