News Forum - If pigs could fly: Authorities tackle pork price crisis following swine fever outbreak

Thaiger

In the midst of already surging meat prices, there has been a recent outbreak of African Swine Fever reported at several Thai pig farms, exacerbating the problem even further. Farms that have detected the virus have to slaughter and bury pigs to prevent the disease from spreading, decreasing the number of pigs in the country. In Prachuap Khiri Khan in Southern Thailand, 117 pigs on three farms had to be slaughtered and buried. Authorities say that farms having less than enough breeding pairs (of pigs) will cause more pork shortage problems. In an interview with The Bangkok Post, the director-general […]

The story If pigs could fly: Authorities tackle pork price crisis following swine fever outbreak as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“It’s the hoarding! Those price gouging swine selling hoarders!!” wasn’t that last week’s excuse? Now the government has had to admit that this problem has been over 8 months in the making, the number of breeding pigs has almost halved and available supplies & pricing won’t get back to normal for at least another 6 months, if ever. This pork scandal is much like the true state of the Thai economy. Far worse than the government will admit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

...This pork scandal is much like the true state of the Thai economy. Far worse than the government will admit. 

No doubt you are correct. I am curious where I can find accurate information on the Thai economy? Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Vince said:

I am curious where I can find accurate information on the Thai economy? Thanks! 

The Thais are looking for it too.

If you find it let Pnut know will you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2