News Forum - Samsung removes ad in Singapore of drag queen hugging Muslim mother

Thaiger

Following the outcry from socially conservative groups, South Korean electronics giant Samsung has withdrawn its online advertisement in Singapore that portrayed a hijab-wearing Muslim mom hugging her drag queen son. The ad from Samsung’s “Listen to Your Heart” promotion was allegedly accused of violating homosexuality and transgenderism by promoting wearable devices like noise-cancelling headphones and smartwatches that highlighted the mother’s loving bond with her cross-dressing son. One organisation called it “an unfortunate attempt to push the LGBT ideology into a largely conservative Muslim community”. Another criticism pointed out the ad’s message of infinite openness and its potentially harmful impact on […]

The story Samsung removes ad in Singapore of drag queen hugging Muslim mother as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I've pretty much given up on modern media.  Half of the movies seem to be about children's comic book characters and directed at 10 year old boys, so there's no great loss there, and the rest seem to be just heavy-handed leftist propaganda.  Even the commercials, what used to a be a break from the propaganda, now also perpetuate the propaganda.  What is the point of this Samsung ad other than to attempt to normalize bizarre and extremely rare (perhaps nonexistent) behavior?  Or am I undercounting Muslim mothers who embrace their sons who are gay drag queens?  It sounds so far-fetched it's like it's a parody.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JMJM said:

I've pretty much given up on modern media.  Half of the movies seem to be about children's comic book characters and directed at 10 year old boys, so there's no great loss there, and the rest seem to be just heavy-handed leftist propaganda. 

I thought 100% of it was leftist propaganda using comic book material that used to be aimed at 10 year old boys? :-) 

Batman is now a ladyboy superhero with Robin the gender neutral sidekick. 

Even the commercials, what used to a be a break from the propaganda, now also perpetuate the propaganda.  What is the point of this Samsung ad other than to attempt to normalize bizarre and extremely rare (perhaps nonexistent) behavior?  Or am I undercounting Muslim mothers who embrace their sons who are gay drag queens? 

There's at least one - in the ad :-) 

It sounds so far-fetched it's like it's a parody.  

Apparently even parody is not appreciated in these matters. See "Charlie Hebdo" et al. 

• Like 4

this is half hearted attempt at its best.

Brave enough to produce the ad, but not brave enough to continue with it.

Samsung should not back off from the communities comment, cos now it did more harms to the Trans community than helping them, or perhaps the original intention was to make use of the Trans community ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vince said:

I thought 100% of it was leftist propaganda using comic book material that used to be aimed at 10 year old boys? :-) 

Batman is now a ladyboy superhero with Robin the gender neutral sidekick. 

There's at least one - in the ad :-) 

Apparently even parody is not appreciated in these matters. See "Charlie Hebdo" et al. 

Try reading the OP link rather than posting nonsense. Chrstians also objected to the ad. Singapore government also objected to US Embassy hosting an online event for homeosexuals rights; event was cancelled. Calling out the Singapore government as a supporter of leftist propaganda outlet is BS.

1 hour ago, PBS said:

Try reading the OP link rather than posting nonsense. Chrstians also objected to the ad. Singapore government also objected to US Embassy hosting an online event for homeosexuals rights; event was cancelled. Calling out the Singapore government as a supporter of leftist propaganda outlet is BS.

I reread my post and I don't think it says what you seem to think it says. 

Can we agree we both don't like Hollywood movies and call it a day? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

this is half hearted attempt at its best...cos now it did more harms to the Trans community than helping them, or perhaps the original intention was to make use of the Trans community ?

(Italics added) 

Bingo! 

Samsung like many other companies is breaching their fiduciary duty to the shareholders.  A company is not a soap box platform where the management uses it to promote their view of social, religious or political ideologies.  A company should offend no one for they are all customers or potential customers.  A company is there for one reason only and that is to sell its products or services and to maximize the value of the company for the owners.  This practice of the management hijacking the company to push social ideology is just plain wrong.  The stockholders, not the management own the company. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Such delicate flowers aren't they? Get upset at anything and everything, what a way to live your life. 

I'm not sure who that referred to, but it has to apply to those who took offence 😯.

Either way, they've probably got more publicity because some sad cases objected than they'd ever have got from the original. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stonker said:

I'm not sure who that referred to, but it has to apply to those who took offence 😯.

Either way, they've probably got more publicity because some sad cases objected than they'd ever have got from the original. 

Which might have been the intent all along. Good point. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, Thaiger said:

Following the outcry from socially conservative groups, South Korean electronics giant Samsung has withdrawn its online advertisement in Singapore that portrayed a hijab-wearing Muslim mom hugging her drag queen son. The ad from Samsung’s “Listen to Your Heart” promotion was allegedly accused of violating homosexuality and transgenderism by promoting wearable devices like noise-cancelling headphones and smartwatches that highlighted the mother’s loving bond with her cross-dressing son. One organisation called it “an unfortunate attempt to push the LGBT ideology into a largely conservative Muslim community”. Another criticism pointed out the ad’s message of infinite openness and its potentially harmful impact on […]

The story Samsung removes ad in Singapore of drag queen hugging Muslim mother as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

backward ignorant barbaric culture described as “conservative” 😝

more beheadings, amputations or honour killings anyone ? 🥸

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

backward ignorant barbaric culture described as “conservative” 😝

I think that's not a respectful way to describe anyone. 

21 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

more beheadings, amputations or honour killings anyone ? 🥸

You prefer lifelong imprisonment, electrocution, 'humane' lethal injection, and random gun & drug fueled violence which plagues civilized countries? 

There is no third gender.

A man being born a man can never get pregnant or do breastfeeding, no matter how many man-made operations are being done to make him look similar to a woman. Same the other way around.

It is a shame that the public and especially the youth is so brainwashed by these unnatural behaviors being shown by big companies, in Talkshows and nowadays even pushed in kids entertainment.

Even homosexuality is completely unnatural. If humanity would went homosexual, we would be extinct after one generation. If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HighSo said:

A man being born a man can never get pregnant or do breastfeeding, no matter how many man-made operations are being done to make him look similar to a woman. Same the other way around.

With the latest pig implant successes I give it 5-10 years before a reverse hysterectomy impregnates the first man, or woman, or uh volunteer.

And breastfeeding seems like a smaller hurdle to overcome. 

I'd suggest better tests for manhood. Or womanhood. Or something. 

It is a shame that the public and especially the youth is so brainwashed by these unnatural behaviors being shown by big companies, in Talkshows and nowadays even pushed in kids entertainment.

You're not a fan of Transgender Batman and his gender neutral "partner" Robin (pronouns xe, xhey, xhim)? 

Even homosexuality is completely unnatural. If humanity would went homosexual, we would be extinct after one generation. If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this. 

Asexual reproduction is just around the corner, if human cloning hasn't already been perfected ('The Boys from Brazil" style) by Uncle Xi (or Kim Jong Un!) - with a fleet of mini-mes waiting to take over.

But point taken. 

18 hours ago, PBS said:

Chrstians also objected to the ad.

I  object to Christians , deeply  offended  by  all  religions, but I dont ban them, wish I could  though and their disgusting indoctrination of  children with their filthy lies

6 hours ago, HighSo said:

'There is no third gender'  Agreed,
Even though as an aside, Thailand has for years used the phrase ผู้หญิงประเภทที่สอง - woman of the second category.

'a man can never get pregnant or do breastfeeding'   It's not quite true about breastfeeding.
Years ago I was in a GoGo bar in Nana Plaza. The mamasan was a katoey who had obviously been taking some sex hormone drug or other (estrogen?).
He/she/it was only too pleased to show anyone who wanted to watch, 'her' ability to lactate.
I didn't fancy tasting it though.

• Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'There is no third gender'  Agreed,
Even though as an aside, Thailand has for years used the phrase ผู้หญิงประเภทที่สอง - woman of the second category.

'a man can never get pregnant or do breastfeeding'   It's not quite true about breastfeeding.
Years ago I was in a GoGo bar in Nana Plaza. The mamasan was a katoey who had obviously been taking some sex hormone drug or other (estrogen?).
He/she/it was only too pleased to show anyone who wanted to watch, 'her' ability to lactate.
I didn't fancy tasting it though.

Interesting 🤔

I don't think it was estrogen but then who knows (if it was estrogen, why don't all women lactate? Men who take testosterone also boost their estrogen and have to take anti-estrogens to suppress. They don't lactate either). 

There's some hints here but nothing seems overly likely (Domperidone?):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vince said:

Interesting 🤔

I don't think it was estrogen but then who knows (if it was estrogen, why don't all women lactate? Men who take testosterone also boost their estrogen and have to take anti-estrogens to suppress. They don't lactate either). 

There's some hints here but nothing seems overly likely (Domperidone?):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

Thanks for the info.

I wrote estrogen with a question mark, as I'm not very good on biology, but had read that some katoeys take it, and I was therefore guessing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HighSo said:

Not just bigoted nonsense, but remarkably misinformed - or, in hindsight, not remarkable at all.

If the ability to "get pregnant or do breastfeeding" is a requirement to be a "woman" then there are plenty of biological women around who would fail your test.

What does that make them - men, by your logic?

"Unnatural"? Well, it happens in pretty much every other animal species, and I doubt most are influenced too much by talkshows and kids' entertainment.

Humanity going homosexual? I've not come across anyone rational suggesting it's likely.

As for "If one of your parents would’ve been transgender or homosexual, you would not be able to read this", I must pass that gem on to two friends of mine in Pattaya who have children and who only 'came out' when their children were adults - one was an ex-British Army Major, medically discharged after being shot in Belfast, the other a retired British Army Lt Colonel, promoted through the ranks via RSM, so I think they both deserve the right to choose their sexual preference - as does anyone else.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HighSo said:

but there is many genders …. According to the minority with the squeaky wheel.

• Haha 1