Jump to content

News Forum - Alcohol until 11 pm at food venues in 8 Blue provinces from tomorrow


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Put on your party boots; tomorrow it’s time to go out late for drinks on a Monday! The easing of the alcohol ban for 8 Blue Zone provinces goes into effect tomorrow with restaurants and similar venues allowed to sell drinks until 11 pm now. Bars, pubs, karaoke, nightclubs, and other nightlife and entertainment venues will not be legally allowed reopened in any part of Thailand for the time being. Bangkok made the announcement yesterday, and now Chon Buri is prepared to follow suit and extend drinking hours in the province. Phuket will also be allowed to legally serve drinks […]

The story Alcohol until 11 pm at food venues in 8 Blue provinces from tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These "restaurants and similar venues" or "food eateries" allowed to sell alcoholoc drinks are literally a joke. The emergency decree law requires and mandates each of these establishments to have a kitchen to prepare food. 

 

However in Pattaya, literally hundreds or thousands of "beer bars" are open, business and usual. Every part of the Emergency Decree is allowed to be violated at these beer bars by the Pattaya Police and the fine Mayor of Pattaya knows all of this going on and continue to say that beer bars are almost non existent because they all completed the Federal required paperwork to reopen as restaurants.

No food at almost all of these beer bars ... Ooooops! I meant restaurants, and also:

No cook

No kitchen

No temperature checks 

No application test kits (ATK)

No social distancing 

And the trusted, honest, caring, law-abiding {sarcasam} Pattaya Police can be seen driving or walking past these beer bars and willingly/ intentionally ignoring these violations.

And at least one third of them, when legally mandated closing time arrives, simply close the doors, while customers are inside and continue to serve alcohol to the customers until zero dark thirty hours. 

Pattaya Police "To Protect And Serve"

Edited by JackMeOff
Typo
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absurd. Because after 11, the virus comes out to play? Open up this country, FULLY (including bars and clubs). The Sino-Thai conglomerates are laughing at the bank, gobbling up all these properties of poor Thais who put everything they had into guest houses, bars, etc and have maxed out their debts. Very sad state of affairs in Thailand. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, resetamy said:

Absurd. Because after 11, the virus comes out to play? Open up this country, FULLY (including bars and clubs). The Sino-Thai conglomerates are laughing at the bank, gobbling up all these properties of poor Thais who put everything they had into guest houses, bars, etc and have maxed out their debts. Very sad state of affairs in Thailand. 

I think you are right about these restrictions hurting the working classes and middle classes. The COVID has hurt a lot of people, and the restrictions more so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JackMeOff said:

These "restaurants and similar venues" or "food eateries" allowed to sell alcoholoc drinks are literally a joke. The emergency decree law requires and mandates each of these establishments to have a kitchen to prepare food. 

However in Pattaya, literally hundreds or thousands of "beer bars" are open, business and usual. Every part of the Emergency Decree is allowed to be violated at these beer bars by the Pattaya Police and the fine Mayor of Pattaya knows all of this going on and continue to say that beer bars are almost non existent because they all completed the Federal required paperwork to reopen as restaurants.

No food at almost all of these beer bars ... Ooooops! I meant restaurants, and also:

No cook

No kitchen

No temperature checks 

No application test kits (ATK)

No social distancing 

And the trusted, honest, caring, law-abiding {sarcasam} Pattaya Police can be seen driving or walking past these beer bars and willingly/ intentionally ignoring these violations.

And at least one third of them, when legally mandated closing time arrives, simply close the doors, while customers are inside and continue to serve alcohol to the customers until zero dark thirty hours. 

Pattaya Police "To Protect And Serve"

A "joke" that sadly isn't funny.

The so-called 'blue zones' of Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket have consistently had the worst figures for Covid, even though the official figures in a lot of the rest of Thailand have been growing at a rate where they're now over five times higher than they were a month ago.

Have those blue zones somehow discovered a magic cure?

That taking off alcohol and masking restrictions in 'restaurants' somehow cuts down Covid-19 transmission?

Is Thailand leading the world?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gundam0315 said:

it will be back to 9pm in a few months after surge in cases when test and go comes back.  You heard it here first

Maybe by that time the schools will have been allowed to open -after all, they do at least give the kids a meal at lunchtime so are more 'restaurants' than the bars.

Thailand - the only country that opens bars before it opens schools.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Phuket will also be allowed to legally serve drinks later for its Sandbox tourists." Why only for Sandbox tourists? I assume this is just sloppy writing.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, beachwalker said:

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

Maybe if you'd checked the regulations properly before coming here you wouldn't have had such a testing time.

(pun intended)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Put on your party boots; tomorrow it’s time to go out late for drinks on a Monday! The easing of the alcohol ban for 8 Blue Zone provinces goes into effect tomorrow with restaurants and similar venues allowed to sell drinks until 11 pm now. Bars, pubs, karaoke, nightclubs, and other nightlife and entertainment venues will not be legally allowed reopened in any part of Thailand for the time being. Bangkok made the announcement yesterday, and now Chon Buri is prepared to follow suit and extend drinking hours in the province. Phuket will also be allowed to legally serve drinks […]

The story Alcohol until 11 pm at food venues in 8 Blue provinces from tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's getting a little old that the barometer of progress in Thailand is the ability to get alcohol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, beachwalker said:

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

Sounds like Thailand is glad you'll be leaving too. Do you typically seek out to create a difficult situation?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beachwalker said:

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

 

 

So you don't think that you were a tad naïve traveling in the first place?

 

If you weren't naïve, please don't whinge about the consequences

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

It's getting a little old that the barometer of progress in Thailand is the ability to get alcohol. 

Get alcohol publicly. To my knowledge alcohol sales have never stopped for drinking at home. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Get alcohol publicly. To my knowledge alcohol sales have never stopped for drinking at home. 

Shop sales were stopped for a short while, I recall searching for a beer to take home....😎

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Transam said:

Shop sales were stopped for a short while, I recall searching for a beer to take home....😎

I stand corrected :-) 

*Mostly* not stopped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, beachwalker said:

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

That is the reason I am staying away, my plan was to go in September last year for six months or a year but I will wait.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, beachwalker said:

After nearly a month in Thailand,we leave to fly back to the UK this evening.To say I am relieved I don't need a PCR to fly back,just my passenger locator form,is an understatement.I had previously commented on this forum about my Test & Go experience.After thinking a neg pre departure test and a NHS Covid recovered cert,for contacting and isolating from Omnicron in the UK,would cancel out a possible positive pcr test(re item 3 on test and go),we were held in our T&Go hotel,for 4 days,after I was inconclusive,then Dept of Public Health said I was positive.A blood test was done on the morning of the 4th day,results at 8pm showing it was the recovered Covid still showing.On our day 7 test my husband was inconclusive,another nervous 24hours,but armed with another blood test as back up,the next one was negative.So nearly 9 days lost to testing stress. I do advise to check that you are taken to a hospital on arrival for your test,I think results come back quicker,rather than a hotel that does the tests on site,which took 24 hours for results to come.We will return to Thailand ,when there is no testing ??What year that will be,who knows.

I can see a testing requirement dropped but you'll have to prove vaxx to get it. 

No vaxx or testing? -> ¡Vamos a Mexico!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 3:45 AM, Stonker said:

Maybe if you'd checked the regulations properly before coming here you wouldn't have had such a testing time.

(pun intended)

I did..section 3 on Test & GO if you have had Covid within 3 months and 2 weeks before arrival bring proof..I brought my NHS Covid recovered c ert showing the date I had covid in the UK.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beachwalker said:

I did..section 3 on Test & GO if you have had Covid within 3 months and 2 weeks before arrival bring proof..I brought my NHS Covid recovered c ert showing the date I had covid in the UK.

Evidently you didn't check hard enough - there's no suggestion there that that would exempt you from being tested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use