He Wuz Dead Already...

Faraday

"Two men in Ireland have tried to claim a dead man’s pension by taking his corpse into a post office, it has been reported."

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/22/ireland-two-men-took-corpse-into-post-office-to-try-and-claim-pension-15965239/

Sounds like The Wilt Inheritance by Tom Sharpe ..🤣

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/sep/25/wilt-inheritance-tom-sharpe-review

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

"Two men in Ireland have tried to claim a dead man’s pension by taking his corpse into a post office, it has been reported."

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/22/ireland-two-men-took-corpse-into-post-office-to-try-and-claim-pension-15965239/

Sounds like The Wilt Inheritance by Tom Sharpe ..🤣

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/sep/25/wilt-inheritance-tom-sharpe-review

They obviously trying to drag out the payments.

• Haha 2

Sounds like a Month Python sketch with the Post Office clerk saying,

But he's dead.

No he isn't, he's resting,

He's dead and if it wasn't for the fact you are holding him up he'd be 6 foot under and pushing up the daisies.

Only in Ireland, or is that racist now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Roight, our kid...

I'm not being racist, although 'wokeners' 😁 might interpret my joke as being such.

"How do you confuse an Irishman?"

"Put two spades against the wall, & ask him to take his pick"

Please don't take any offence, John. None is meant & if you can think of any Engrish jokes, post 'em.👍

Enjoy your last day in Phuket.

@JohninDublin

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Roight, our kid...

I'm not being racist, although 'wokeners' 😁 might interpret my joke as being such.

"How do you confuse an Irishman?"

"Put two spades against the wall, & ask him to take his pick"

Please don't take any offence, John. None is meant & if you can think of any Engrish jokes, post 'em.👍

Enjoy your last day in Phuket.

@JohninDublin

Why would I be offended. I told that joke 40 years ago when Irish jokes were the vogue.

Try this one:

Paddy gets a job working for Dublin City Council, and his supervisor decides to pay him a visit. Just as he arrives on scene, he sees Paddy angrily jumping up and down. As the supervisor gets closer, he sees that Paddy has flattened a snail. The super asks him why he did that, and Paddy replied, "I warned him but he just wouldn't listen. The bloody thing has been following me around all day"!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JohninDublin said:

Why would I be offended. I told that joke 40 years ago when Irish jokes were the vogue.

I didn't really think you would be, John. We're of a similar age & don't take offence as many do now.

I was just being careful that I don't get called a racist, by some on here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I didn't really think you would be, John. We're of a similar age & don't take offence as many do now.

I was just being careful that I don't get called a racist, by some on here.

You've just reminded me of an Irish Film, starring Ian Bannen: Waking Ned.

Ned wins the Irish Lotto, but dies watching the results on TV. He has no known relatives so the whole village conspire to collect his winnings for themselves. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

You've just reminded me of an Irish Film, starring Ian Bannen: Waking Ned.

Ned wins the Irish Lotto, but dies watching the results on TV. He has no known relatives so the whole village conspire to collect his winnings for themselves. 

Thanks for posting that. I see it was a 1998 film, also stars James Nesbitt.
I'm downloading it right now. I'll post a review when I've watched it (but not before).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks for posting that. I see it was a 1998 film, also stars James Nesbitt.
I'm downloading it right now. I'll post a review when I've watched it (but not before).

That's what we need: An informed critic.

• Haha 2