News Forum - BMA follows CCSA; Bangkok entertainment venues remain closed

Thaiger

It will likely come as no shock to anyone, but the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration declared today that they will follow the rules of the CCSA and extend the closure of entertainment venues indefinitely. The decision was announced today that bars, pubs, karaoke, nightclubs, and other nightlife and entertainment venues will not be reopening in Bangkok as with the rest of Thailand (well, legally anyway). In the announcement, the BMA said that they will keep their rules in line with the CCSA in enforcing the closure of entertainment venues and that there is no set end date for the indefinite closure. […]

The story BMA follows CCSA; Bangkok entertainment venues remain closed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

It will likely come as no shock to anyone, but the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration declared today that they will follow the rules of the CCSA and extend the closure of entertainment venues indefinitely. The decision was announced today that bars, pubs, karaoke, nightclubs, and other nightlife and entertainment venues will not be reopening in Bangkok as with the rest of Thailand (well, legally anyway). In the announcement, the BMA said that they will keep their rules in line with the CCSA in enforcing the closure of entertainment venues and that there is no set end date for the indefinite closure. […]

The story BMA follows CCSA; Bangkok entertainment venues remain closed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I welcome the explosion of izakaya

I hope they can enforce a ban against bad cover bands. No one should have to listen to Whitesnake's "Here I go again" ... ever again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Wham was right! I'm never gonna dance again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Wham was right! I'm never gonna dance again!

This news is starting to sound better and better. Great job!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJK said:

The fun police is a new organization in “The Kingdom”  . They will be around for decades to squash anyone who desires the Thailand of 2019 ……

I may be wrong, but "fun" isn't going no where. It may not be in gogo bars* but its not going away. (*Maybe "gogo restaurants"?). 

Whether or not Thailand wants mass tourism back seems doubtful. I've read that it was being discouraged even before COVID made it easier to do so. 

• Like 1

most governments ( law makers, police /arresters, courts /imprisoners, etc. )
in "corrupt world ( includes companies, organisations, clubs, institutes, news, etc. ),"
are corporations ( private ), for many years ( decades ).

most people follow daily, believing as any religion. example, too much alcohol etc. is
not so good, and low "education ( be  self-responsible )" is, source of all problems.

lockdowns made, millions people poor, billions poorer, and millions kids
( next- adults /future ) traumatised ( not solvable in corrupt world ) as after war.

welcome in, great reset-ing, for new world order, where all own nothing
and monitored by social credit system ( behavior account to get any access ).

with home office, school and shopping, is daily partly lockdown,
so you get used to it, already soon. are humans, viruses, what are fighted ?

Edited by think-and-ask

17 hours ago, Vince said:

I welcome the explosion of izakaya

I hope they can enforce a ban against bad cover bands. No one should have to listen to Whitesnake's "Here I go again" ... ever again. 

No-one should ever have to listen to the original !!

I once heard a thai band doing Hotel California and when they got to the bit that should go "They stab it with their steely knives" they sung "they stab it with their fork and knives" - got a few dirty looks when I nearly pissed myself laughing !

Also a cover band in Hua Hin had never heard of David Bowie - wtf !!!!

4 hours ago, think-and-ask said:

most governments ( law makers, police /arresters, courts /imprisoners, etc. )
in "corrupt world ( includes companies, organisations, clubs, institutes, news, etc. ),"
are corporations ( private ), for many years ( decades ).

most people follow daily, believing as any religion. example, too much alcohol etc. is
not so good, and low "education ( be  self-responsible )" is, source of all problems.

lockdowns made, millions people poor, billions poorer, and millions kids
( next- adults /future ) traumatised ( not solvable in corrupt world ) as after war.

welcome in, great reset-ing, for new world order, where all own nothing
and monitored by social credit system ( behavior account to get any access ).

with home office, school and shopping, is daily partly lockdown,
so you get used to it, already soon. are humans, viruses, what are fighted ?

that was a difficult read !

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vince said:

I may be wrong, but "fun" isn't going no where. It may not be in gogo bars* but its not going away. (*Maybe "gogo restaurants"?). 

Whether or not Thailand wants mass tourism back seems doubtful. I've read that it was being discouraged even before COVID made it easier to do so. 

Since Day 1 of the coup - the army have made it plain the bar/sex pest scene is not part of their Thailand future - 2a.m closing times are never coming back - EVER !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Since Day 1 of the coup - the army have made it plain the bar/sex pest scene is not part of their Thailand future - 2a.m closing times are never coming back - EVER !

Which coup?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

Is that so bad? 

Bars are a good place to destroy a healthy liver. And the worlds oldest profession ain't goin' nowhere.

If you want to meet a wife or girly other places and methods exist. Or will be invented or found. 

Bar owners have proven they have business acumen and will adapt to other business ventures. 

And "sex pests" can find other outlets. 

Or, as I suspect, the same outlet over apps and in more discreet venues (see Japan's approach to "delivery health" etc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_prostitution_in_modern_Japan ). 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, DesperateOldHand said:

Which coup?

The latest - more to follow for sure once they realise theirs a decent watch collection up for grabs 

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

With a testosterone count of 1138 I would say yes !

If you have some reasonable mojo I'm sure you find volunteers to help sort you out. 

Austin-Powers-Mojo.jpg.3d789edc44578dcf32fe26984636611c.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, Benroon said:

that was a difficult read !

i know :) but if i make, always whole sentences,
and explain something in full,
my comment would be 3-4 times longer than they are now. have a good time.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Harvey said:

You must have meant, "those magical days before Thaksin and Purachi."

I hear Tony Woodsome is making a comeback.

Gonna sing some Karaoke 🎤 at Terminal 21 or something. 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:51 PM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Closed for lunch....come after dinner 😀