Jump to content

An Anti Vax Martyr to the Cause.


vlad
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Thanks for posting. This highlights one of the real problems with the quackery surrounding anti-vaxxers and especially the quackery they indulge in.

They may or may not have legitimate reasons for being vaxxed, but the idea that you can fix your own situation by deliberately getting infected, ignores the common sense that you have given the virus, yet another opportunity to mutate, and thus undermining the efforts of those who are vaxxed.

Meanwhile, the singer is posthumously given her Darwin Award.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ignoring newbie Vince telling everyone where to post things today, andI will post this local story about the sad occurrence of yet another idiot that did not realise how serious Covid can be for some people.

Czech singer Hanka Horká dies after intentionally contracting COVID-19 - ABC News  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-20/czech-singer-dies-after-deliberately-getting-covid/100768826

Two days after starting to recover from Covid, she wrote on social media:  "I survived … It was intense. So now there will be the theatre, sauna, a concert … and an urgent trip to the sea,"  Unfortunately she found out the hard way that Covid IS a serious disease and it kills people.  I would rather be vaccinated when I catch Covid than not vaccinated - clearly the downsides of catching Covid without vaccines, far outweighs the downsides of taking the vaccines, and it is good for us all if we all get vaccinated. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Vince said:

This is for the COVID section, no? 

Over there ------------->>>>

Not trying to pass the buck, but you might want to put that question to the OP?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thing is going viral worldwide - now it is in Israel:  https://www.timesofisrael.com/czech-anti-vaccine-singer-dies-after-deliberately-catching-covid/

Her son and husband both caught Covid but they were both vaccinated and were OK.  Her son said:  “She decided to continue to live normally with us and preferred to catch the disease than to get vaccinated”

They say that some people would rather die than admit they were wrong - I guess this whole sad scenario proves that to be true. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Ignoring newbie Vince telling everyone where to post things today, andI will post this local story about the sad occurrence of yet another idiot that did not realise how serious Covid can be for some people.

Czech singer Hanka Horká dies after intentionally contracting COVID-19 - ABC News  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-20/czech-singer-dies-after-deliberately-getting-covid/100768826

Two days after starting to recover from Covid, she wrote on social media:  "I survived … It was intense. So now there will be the theatre, sauna, a concert … and an urgent trip to the sea,"  Unfortunately she found out the hard way that Covid IS a serious disease and it kills people.  I would rather be vaccinated when I catch Covid than not vaccinated - clearly the downsides of catching Covid without vaccines, far outweighs the downsides of taking the vaccines, and it is good for us all if we all get vaccinated. 

I particularly admire the acceptance in your post, that vaxxed or unvaxxed, you may not avoid CV. It's something I am slowly coming to terms with. I think the analogy here is that right now, the whole world is living in a hurricane zone, and those who do something about storm proofing their homes, are those who will have the better outcomes.

I admit to being a compulsive number-cruncher, but as far I can see, the only dataset where there is insufficient info to make a pronouncement on the efficacy of vaxxing, relates to pregnant women, where understandably, there has been hesitancy by many women to be vaxxed because of lack of data on potential foetal harm. In all other cohorts, the data is in. There are some who should not be vaxxed, and others who should not receive a specific vax, but there are now billions of people who have been vaxxed, and deaths that can be clearly attributed to vaxxing are rare.

I am sure the anti-vaxxers will counter that with, "We don't know whether the vax is a ticking bomb", and of course we don't. But vaxxing has been around for over 200 years now, and I would like the anti-vaxxers to tell me of one vax in that whole time, that was shown to have adverse effects present themselves 5,10 or 20 years later. All the evidence of adverse effects from any vax, has been in close proximity to the jab itself. Why should this vax be any different?

As a child, I had a tough time with illnesses, spending a total of 11 out of 12 months in one period in hospital with Polio and Meningitis. The Polio has left me with a mild scoliosis. In addition, I also had mumps which has left me sterile, and I will never have the joy of being a parent. I have a wife who has had a kidney transplant and spent the past 23 years taking immunosuppressants, to counter rejection. One of the side effects of these drugs is that it lays you open to all types of illnesses. My wife has had 7 surgeries so far for CIN  I, II, or III. If it gets to IV, that's full blown cervical cancer.

Now there are vaccines for all of these. I think both my wife and I would have taken a very dim view of our parents had these been available when we were kids, and they instead listened to so much of the insanity that now prevails.

We are now living in an era where a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing. I recall seeing a doc where a woman proudly boasted how she stopped a Dr giving her 6 month old daughter a Hepatitis C vax. She explained Hep C was an STD, and it would be sometime before she would be sexually active, so she was not going to put her daughter at risk needlessly. If she'd had a bit more knowledge, she would have known that the route of infection was exchange of body fluids. What do young children do when in a group such as kindergarten? They drink from each other's cups.

It really is time to call out the ignorance of these anti-vaxxers, who often have a very little, or frequently no knowledge of the subject.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I particularly admire the acceptance in your post, that vaxxed or unvaxxed, you may not avoid CV. It's something I am slowly coming to terms with. I think the analogy here is that right now, the whole world is living in a hurricane zone, and those who do something about storm proofing their homes, are those who will have the better outcomes.

I admit to being a compulsive number-cruncher, but as far I can see, the only dataset where there is insufficient info to make a pronouncement on the efficacy of vaxxing, relates to pregnant women, where understandably, there has been hesitancy by many women to be vaxxed because of lack of data on potential foetal harm. In all other cohorts, the data is in. There are some who should not be vaxxed, and others who should not receive a specific vax, but there are now billions of people who have been vaxxed, and deaths that can be clearly attributed to vaxxing are rare.

I am sure the anti-vaxxers will counter that with, "We don't know whether the vax is a ticking bomb", and of course we don't. But vaxxing has been around for over 200 years now, and I would like the anti-vaxxers to tell me of one vax in that whole time, that was shown to have adverse effects present themselves 5,10 or 20 years later. All the evidence of adverse effects from any vax, has been in close proximity to the jab itself. Why should this vax be any different?

As a child, I had a tough time with illnesses, spending a total of 11 out of 12 months in one period in hospital with Polio and Meningitis. The Polio has left me with a mild scoliosis. In addition, I also had mumps which has left me sterile, and I will never have the joy of being a parent. I have a wife who has had a kidney transplant and spent the past 23 years taking immunosuppressants, to counter rejection. One of the side effects of these drugs is that it lays you open to all types of illnesses. My wife has had 7 surgeries so far for CIN  I, II, or III. If it gets to IV, that's full blown cervical cancer.

Now there are vaccines for all of these. I think both my wife and I would have taken a very dim view of our parents had these been available when we were kids, and they instead listened to so much of the insanity that now prevails.

We are now living in an era where a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing. I recall seeing a doc where a woman proudly boasted how she stopped a Dr giving her 6 month old daughter a Hepatitis C vax. She explained Hep C was an STD, and it would be sometime before she would be sexually active, so she was not going to put her daughter at risk needlessly. If she'd had a bit more knowledge, she would have known that the route of infection was exchange of body fluids. What do young children do when in a group such as kindergarten? They drink from each other's cups.

It really is time to call out the ignorance of these anti-vaxxers, who often have a very little, or frequently no knowledge of the subject.

Well said mate - very well said.  Thanks for sharing that - hope things go well for you and the wife in the future.  There are so many similar stories - vaccines have saved millions of lives - end of - fact.  But there are so many people out there exposing stupid and selfish views - some well meaning - but many not. Because of social media these days they are listened to far too much - this woman's death is on them.  The most ridiculous one I ever heard was a Doctor complaining about being forced to take the vaccine, but when he was reminded that it was mandatory for him and the nurses to have already had vaccines for Hepatitis A B C, Influenza, Measles, Meningococcal, Mumps, Rubella and Tetanus, he replied that the Covid vaccines 'are not proven safe'.  Well idiot the numbers are in - 2 years of vaccinations - same amount of very rare complications as those other vaccines you have already had - you over-educated idiot!!

Going forward it is going to be a serious issue that needs addressing. Unvaccinated people should not be able to do certain things - depending on the circumstance - going to school - going on a plane - going to a show - etc etc. Contagious diseases must be more controlled in the future - which means controlling people who dont vaccinate from doing certain things - those who vaccinate should be rewarded, and those that dont (for communicable diseases) should be disadvantaged. IMO never make them compulsory - but those that elect to get them for their and our benefit should be rewarded. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Well said mate - very well said.  Thanks for sharing that - hope things go well for you and the wife in the future.  There are so many similar stories - vaccines have saved millions of lives - end of - fact.  But there are so many people out there exposing stupid and selfish views - some well meaning - but many not. Because of social media these days they are listened to far too much - this woman's death is on them.  The most ridiculous one I ever heard was a Doctor complaining about being forced to take the vaccine, but when he was reminded that it was mandatory for him and the nurses to have already had vaccines for Hepatitis A B C, Influenza, Measles, Meningococcal, Mumps, Rubella and Tetanus, he replied that the Covid vaccines 'are not proven safe'.  Well idiot the numbers are in - 2 years of vaccinations - same amount of very rare complications as those other vaccines you have already had - you over-educated idiot!!

Going forward it is going to be a serious issue that needs addressing. Unvaccinated people should not be able to do certain things - depending on the circumstance - going to school - going on a plane - going to a show - etc etc. Contagious diseases must be more controlled in the future - which means controlling people who dont vaccinate from doing certain things - those who vaccinate should be rewarded, and those that dont (for communicable diseases) should be disadvantaged. IMO never make them compulsory - but those that elect to get them for their and our benefit should be rewarded. 

Regarding your 2nd Para, I've made the point on here several times, and have yet to hear a rebuttal regarding the analogy of excluding smokers from certain areas and excluding the anti-vaxxers. The measures were or are being introduced pretty much world-wide to counter the known risks of passive smoking. Passive smoking takes about 20 years or longer to kill you. Covid can kill you in days. Yet anti-vaxxers feel they are being victimised if they are excluded because they refuse to be vaxxed, even though they represent a far greater and more immediate risk to the public health.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KT50 said:

This is BS.  Their body, their choice.  Don’t like it, move to China.  

No, dont please. We're ok without them.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KT50 said:

This is BS.  Their body, their choice.  Don’t like it, move to China.  

Yes they have a choice, and I respect that. But what choice do we have if the unvaxxed continue as reservoirs of infection and expect to partake fully in the life that the vaxxed are seeking to protect?

As for your comment on moving to China, the vaxxed are not the problem. It's the unvaxxed that are the problem. Why do we never hear people saying that if the unvaxxed don't like restrictions being placed upon them, they should move to China?

"Move to China" is rapidly becoming the "Goto" chant of the "Freedumb" brigade.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Ignoring newbie Vince telling everyone where to post things today ....

@AussieBobhey, I resemble that remark! 

And being on-topic is - ahem - being encouraged :-D 

A Thai monk did a fortune for me and he said my membership at the Thaigher will last longer if I stay on topic :-) 

Besides I've been here almost two weeks! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Regarding your 2nd Para, I've made the point on here several times, and have yet to hear a rebuttal regarding the analogy of excluding smokers from certain areas and excluding the anti-vaxxers. The measures were or are being introduced pretty much world-wide to counter the known risks of passive smoking. Passive smoking takes about 20 years or longer to kill you. Covid can kill you in days. Yet anti-vaxxers feel they are being victimised if they are excluded because they refuse to be vaxxed, even though they represent a far greater and more immediate risk to the public health.

Great point.  And yes - at first some of the smokers resented being made to go outside - but the health benefits to everyone else made the change mandatory, so they were ignored (and some detained and some sacked for refusing to follow the rules).  Likewise, mandatory wearing of seatbelts was another time when the 'nutters' complained - and many were fined and detained etc.  There are always going to be a minority that just dont give a rats about others and will not accept the benefits to the community - we need to just ignore, arrest and fine them - and then after a few years they will just fade away (and then find something else to be contrary about).   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vince said:

@AussieBobhey, I resemble that remark! 

And being on-topic is - ahem - being encouraged :-D 

A Thai monk did a fortune for me and he said my membership at the Thaigher will last longer if I stay on topic :-) 

Besides I've been here almost two weeks! 

2 weeks - it seems like 2 years 😁

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

2 weeks - it seems like 2 years 😁

They say each year in a Thai Prison - like BangKwang - is equivalent to 5 years in a western prison. 

Maybe the same logic applies to Thai Ex-Pat forums? In which case two weeks here is equivalent to 10 weeks in western forums! 

But I'm getting off topic. If you want to chat more I'll see you in ------>>>>

https://thethaiger.com/talk/forum/137-all-other-discussion/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Great point.  And yes - at first some of the smokers resented being made to go outside - but the health benefits to everyone else made the change mandatory, so they were ignored (and some detained and some sacked for refusing to follow the rules).  Likewise, mandatory wearing of seatbelts was another time when the 'nutters' complained - and many were fined and detained etc.  There are always going to be a minority that just dont give a rats about others and will not accept the benefits to the community - we need to just ignore, arrest and fine them - and then after a few years they will just fade away (and then find something else to be contrary about).   

Just a couple of thoughts on seat belt/helmet laws.

I remember an acquaintance (he was too stupid to be deemed a friend) who railed against the seat belt laws, and justified himself thus: You are wearing a seat belt and you have a crash, where you break both of your hands, and the car catches fire. How are you going to undo your belt? I asked him how with two broken hands, he was going to open the car door? The look on his face was, "Let me think about that".

The other point, is as I mentioned, my wife has had a kidney transplant, so I developed an interest in the stats surrounding waiting lists. For years, the waiting list for all transplants remained static at about 5000, but then with the introduction of helmet and seat-belt laws, the numbers started to creep up. It now stands at over 7k. The increase in the waiting list has been attributed to seat-belt, helmet laws and advances in car design. And yet, there is still an "anti-vaxxer" mindset among some bikers and drivers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vince said:

@AussieBobhey, I resemble that remark! 

And being on-topic is - ahem - being encouraged :-D 

A Thai monk did a fortune for me and he said my membership at the Thaigher will last longer if I stay on topic :-) 

Besides I've been here almost two weeks! 

FWIW, you've had a fairly prolific output in two weeks. And I welcome that.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 1:06 PM, JohninDublin said:

As for your comment on moving to China, the vaxxed are not the problem.

You know those Paint Ball Ranges that shoot the paint balls and you play war games? Well, if they are passing out a small shield for extra protection, I would get one. Never hurts, for the most part. But sometimes my head is spinning from things like this.....🤣

IMG_1767.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

You know those Paint Ball Ranges that shoot the paint balls and you play war games? Well, if they are passing out a small shield for extra protection, I would get one. Never hurts, for the most part. But sometimes my head is spinning from things like this.....🤣

IMG_1767.jpg

Dont read them, then your head wont spin?😀

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 4:39 AM, Poolie said:

Dont read them, then your head wont spin?😀

After my last Sabbatical i have returned and allowed to post. Whilst i was on leave i took time to look up some of the sites being encouraged by a different thread i will not name. First i looked at was TWC defending freedom. This is an underground site in the UK if you see some of the menu list you will see the  "BBC " watch click it and go to Peter Mullen his opening line is " We are a Christian Country so the BBC make a Muslim as its Religion Editor ". You can only think what racist tones this guy is spreading. Other reports are the same spreading Mis-info and supporting the Anti Vax movement worth a look to see what there spreading. Next i looked at another website again encouraged and is posted regularly on this thread is dailyExpose.co yet another underground site the first thing what hits you is the big pink banner informing you that they have 3 days remaining if you don't subscribe and pay there fee for another year looking at it this is just another pile of mis leading info and scare mongering these sites are commonly posted on there thread here you only have to see some of the headlines to make up your mind on the validity of these sites. These are only 2 i have flagged up there are many sites there thread regularly posts links to these sites.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

After my last Sabbatical i have returned and allowed to post. Whilst i was on leave i took time to look up some of the sites being encouraged by a different thread i will not name. First i looked at was TWC defending freedom. This is an underground site in the UK if you see some of the menu list you will see the  "BBC " watch click it and go to Peter Mullen his opening line is " We are a Christian Country so the BBC make a Muslim as its Religion Editor ". You can only think what racist tones this guy is spreading. Other reports are the same spreading Mis-info and supporting the Anti Vax movement worth a look to see what there spreading. Next i looked at another website again encouraged and is posted regularly on this thread is dailyExpose.co yet another underground site the first thing what hits you is the big pink banner informing you that they have 3 days remaining if you don't subscribe and pay there fee for another year looking at it this is just another pile of mis leading info and scare mongering these sites are commonly posted on there thread here you only have to see some of the headlines to make up your mind on the validity of these sites. These are only 2 i have flagged up there are many sites there thread regularly posts links to these sites.

Take up macrame? 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 24

      News Forum - US military shoots down Chinese spy balloon

    2. 24

      News Forum - US military shoots down Chinese spy balloon

    3. 24

      News Forum - US military shoots down Chinese spy balloon

    4. 24

      News Forum - US military shoots down Chinese spy balloon

    5. 3

      News Forum - Wild boar creates chaos in Pattaya, still on the loose

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use