News Forum - CCSA says Test & Go could make a comeback soon – with a few tweaks

Thaiger

The government’s Covid-19 task force meets later today to discuss the fate of the Test & Go entry scheme, along with the potential easing of some restrictions. Supoj Malaniyom from the CCSA says Test & Go could make a comeback soon, but will involve stricter monitoring of foreign arrivals’ health. The Bangkok Post reports that the scheme could now require overseas arrivals to undergo a second PCR test, on day 5 or 6 of their stay. Prior to its suspension amid concerns about the Omicron variant, Test & Go allowed foreign arrivals to enter the kingdom with minimal quarantine. Passengers […]

The story CCSA says Test & Go could make a comeback soon – with a few tweaks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

“We will no longer subsidise. The visitors must buy insurance that covers all treatments or purchase additional health insurance when they arrive here. The measure will take effect when Test & Go is reintroduced.”

Yeah…..riiiiight…

I am just wondering what will be the alternative for fully vaccinated tourist that have all ready booked a 7 AQ (alternative  quarantine ) and receive a Thailand pass with QR approval ! 

Do you think that they will be able to swap and cancel the entry for an AQ hotel to a Test & Go ? 

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The government’s Covid-19 task force meets later today to discuss the fate of the Test & Go entry scheme, along with the potential easing of some restrictions. Supoj Malaniyom from the CCSA says Test & Go could make a comeback soon, but will involve stricter monitoring of foreign arrivals’ health. The Bangkok Post reports that the scheme could now require overseas arrivals to undergo a second PCR test, on day 5 or 6 of their stay. Prior to its suspension amid concerns about the Omicron variant, Test & Go allowed foreign arrivals to enter the kingdom with minimal quarantine. Passengers […]

The story CCSA says Test & Go could make a comeback soon – with a few tweaks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wasn't this unacceptable insurance approved as part of the Thailand Pass.

For sure they have a (uncle) that own a insurance company if they not lock you up for nothing and give a redundant bag of pils oxy meter and temp meter the insurance people have is fine it cover necessary cost not shit you dont need 

Totally disagree with that Day 6 PCR test and be lining along with thousand of farangs who might have COVID already, Thai government playing with all of this dumb f**k rules, this is worst than being on the SandBox. I would rather be in AQ if I am staying more than 30 days in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

You have already submitted insurance details prior to them issuing the entry pass so the issue isn't lack of insurance it's swindling insurance companies who tell you that you are covered only to back out when a claim arrives.

Nothing will change until the insurance companies are called to account so only decent ones ( be they Thai or foreign based) actually do cover your needs rather than scamming people with useless cover instead

The Day 6 PCR test is a 2000baht scam when a lateral flow  test could be used with a PCR only used where positive results are found. 

Edited by gazmo16
Grammar

What a surprise that insurance companies don’t pay for unnecessary isolation expenses? 

Here’s an idea rather than making travel more expensive— Have reasonable isolation rules for asymptomatic and mild cases. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

This is great news! 

2022 is proving to be a great year already. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eric said:

I am just wondering what will be the alternative for fully vaccinated tourist that have all ready booked a 7 AQ (alternative  quarantine ) and receive a Thailand pass with QR approval ! 

Do you think that they will be able to swap and cancel the entry for an AQ hotel to a Test & Go ? 

Ya best do that now, as the suspension of TP/T&G won't be lifted for a few weeks yet.

22 minutes ago, Eric said:

I guess it all depends on when you are arriving and when they decide to restart the Test and Go scheme.  There is nothing to stop you cancelling your application ( if the hotel will refund you ) and then applying for Test and Go and selecting a location and hotel that suits

I booked a UK visit for April/May and booked a Test and Go hotel in Bangkok and so far I'm not cancelling in the hope it's reinstated by then . Make sure you book a hotel with an option to cancel if your trip is still a month or two away as anything could change by then. 

Subsidized insurance... I thought Thailand Pass required everyone have insurance to get in 🤔

This love affair THA has with insurance is just the people subsidizing the insurance industry