News Forum - Omicron accounts for 90% of new infections in Thailand

Thaiger

Good morning Thailand. As many of us have heard different stories and self medical analysis, as a physician I would just like to attest my personal experience. Only for whats its worth and not designed at all to be controversial.

I am a two time (soon to be three) vaccinated soul. Christmas morning I was delivered a very special gift, name covid 19. Omicron i guess because i never had the strain tested. Anyhow, for the next 17 days, i had a headache, chills, muscle aches, headaches, minor cough, and fatigue. I slept almost continually and felt like I was on a week long bender. But, there was no need to go to hospital as the symptoms were very much flue like, and nothing more than a regimen of Tylenol, and  time, was going to be helpful. Any trip to the hospital would have resulted in a "Awww poor kenny" and sent back home.

So by now many are asking what is the point of this dissertation. Like many who have waited perpetually for test and go, thai passes. COE etc. the idea of resurrecting test and go for fully vaccinated persons will not result in any harm to the population. None, zip, zero, nada. Just an aww poor ___ and tylenol. I applaud the Thai government for the quick action for their quick decisive action to close down test and go way back when. They did not have clear guidance from the worlds scientist, concerning the science of omicron. They have it now.  Tomorrow's meeting with the CCSA should reinstate test and go, and maybe establish a few more sandboxes. As for todays comment by Tim about the ludicrosity, well, the Canadian Government is not more refined in its testing program. Everyone in the world must test when returning from Intenational destinations, EXCEPT the americans. Hahahah . Go figure.

Anyhow from Canada, i wish everyone a happy new year both english and Lunar.

ken

1 hour ago, PhilAtUbon said:

I saw a report last night about exactly that. The Office of National Statistics (ONS) did an analysis of actual covid deaths and it is vastly lower than what is being reported.

Covid deaths reported by government "scientists" is 150,000+ but the ONS report that deaths actually atributed to Covid - meaning people who die OF covid is just over 17,000.

They also report that currently, deaths from all causes is well below the five year average.

They also report that in tests, 97.5% of those people tested had covid antibodies (not sure how many people were in the tests)

Do you have a link to any of that?

Somehow it doesn't ring true, since 

1. Covid deaths aren't "reported by government "scientists"". They're reported by the NHS's and the UKHSA, as well as the ONS who've confirmed those figures:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#deaths

2. The ONS have themselves said very clearly that there have been excess deaths during the Covid period, making it impossible for them to be "well below the five year average".

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/excessmortalityandmortalitydisplacementinenglandandwales/2020tomid2021

as well as in the link above ( https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#deaths )

3. What "tests"?

Without a link to any report it's impossible to comment on it, but it's evidently untrue as described based just on what the ONS have already published - somebody's told you porkies.

1 hour ago, PhilAtUbon said:

And for Stonker "...death certificates, which are confidential..." In the UK, death certificates are public documents and can be viewd at the General Register Office (GRO).

You've quoted me out of context.

They're public records for specific enquiries about individual deaths, for those giving the GRO the individual deceased's details.

They're not available to those just asking for a list of all those who died of Covid or syphilis, or anyone unnamed who died at a particular hospital or in a particular area. 

We're talking about two different things.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Do you have a link to any of that?

Somehow it doesn't ring true, since 

1. Covid deaths aren't "reported by government "scientists"". They're reported by the NHS's and the UKHSA, as well as the ONS who've confirmed those figures:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#deaths

2. The ONS have themselves said very clearly that there have been excess deaths during the Covid period, making it impossible for them to be "well below the five year average".

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/excessmortalityandmortalitydisplacementinenglandandwales/2020tomid2021

as well as in the link above ( https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#deaths )

3. What "tests"?

Without a link to any report it's impossible to comment on it, but it's evidently untrue as described based just on what the ONS have already published - somebody's told you porkies.

I’m sorry Mr Stonker, but I am not going to pander to your constant confrontation.

I have been looking at this forum since it started and have only recently become a member and started putting a couple of pence worth in.

I watched a news item which detailed everything I mentioned and looked at the ONS website having googled the death rate.

I am not going to bother putting “sources” simply for posting an innocent contribution to this conversation. But I’m sure that if someone told you that they have a tummy ache, you would jump right down their throat and demand their medical records, and post a link to why they are faking it.

I really don’t understand why you think you have to bully every poster and every post. I am sick to the back teeth of you even just after a mere four posts (five including this one).

4 hours ago, PhilAtUbon said:

I’m sorry Mr Stonker, but I am not going to pander to your constant confrontation.

I have been looking at this forum since it started and have only recently become a member and started putting a couple of pence worth in.

I watched a news item which detailed everything I mentioned and looked at the ONS website having googled the death rate.

I am not going to bother putting “sources” simply for posting an innocent contribution to this conversation. But I’m sure that if someone told you that they have a tummy ache, you would jump right down their throat and demand their medical records, and post a link to why they are faking it.

I really don’t understand why you think you have to bully every poster and every post. I am sick to the back teeth of you even just after a mere four posts (five including this one).

Hardly "bullying" - I simply posted direct links to the ONS site that make it clear beyond any possible doubt that what you saw wasn't correct, at least as you recall and reported it.

No need to post any links or look anything up, as I've saved you the trouble 😇.

Any numbers being reported are likely underreported due to people's fear of being "covid jailed" for coming out. THA has a short memory... It was April-June 2021 and everyone thought Thailand dodged a bullet... The omicron surge has only just begun here (thankfully vax rates are high), and with that, it's a bit too early to let your guard down. No need to increase restrictions, certainly, just remain diligent for a couple more months. Life is not bad here now (sans the constant complaining of sexpats and booze hounds). Tourist areas have their schemes and TnG is likely to get reinstated (with mods) soon. The end is near, I believe that, just don't jump the gun.

11 hours ago, PhilAtUbon said:

I saw a report last night about exactly that. The Office of National Statistics (ONS) did an analysis of actual covid deaths and it is vastly lower than what is being reported.

Covid deaths reported by government "scientists" is 150,000+ but the ONS report that deaths actually atributed to Covid - meaning people who die OF covid is just over 17,000.

They also report that currently, deaths from all causes is well below the five year average.

They also report that in tests, 97.5% of those people tested had covid antibodies (not sure how many people were in the tests).

And for Stonker "...death certificates, which are confidential..." In the UK, death certificates are public documents and can be viewd at the General Register Office (GRO).

17k actual UK Covid deaths not 150k ? Nearly all very old /very unfit. 
Absolute Scandal of govt. lies, fear generation & misrepresentation.
If true, in UK, once AZ became widely injected, say March last year, we could have just learned to live with it with no restrictions.Same for all advanced countries. Looks like Sweden, Japan, S. Korea had the right approach all along.